The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: V-Adore on November 30, 2004, 12:24:44 pm

Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: V-Adore on November 30, 2004, 12:24:44 pm
I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. I'm not sure about the barware, as (as many of you have probably observed) my investment in alcohol and the booze lifestyle is near-nonexistent, but I respect it highly in theory; I'll almost certainly be picking up a keychain, though, and lip balm is a definite possibility.

(A random thought about the lip balm and hot sauce: if these were available in larger packs, ideally at a slight unit discount, that would be fiercely tempting. I'm not sure how long one lip-balm stick would be useful, but a pack of three or so would no doubt get me through the lip-balm-requiring season.)

I am vaguely wondering why the Todd shirt is back, too. Did it sneak in under cover of night? When I first saw it in the QuickShip window, I had assumed that it was QuickShip to clear out the last few shirts of that design or whatever, but it appears to be back in custom, too. Okaaay...
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: wombat on November 30, 2004, 01:31:05 pm
I am a sucker for anything with the Science logo on it.
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: Gimpson on November 30, 2004, 02:30:41 pm
All of my pint glasses have been breaking lately.  My basal nervous system wants the Lyle's Achewater pint glasses.
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: slink on November 30, 2004, 02:36:24 pm
I always have a pint glass that is somewhat personalised, as I try desperately to not let myself get dehydrated (I am really bad for just not drinking all day and then feeling a bit ill). Mine got broken a while back and I've been using a decidedly dull one since. I don't know if it would survive import though. That and the fact I can't afford anything right now.

I hope they remain available for a little longer, just in case.
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: CortJstr on November 30, 2004, 02:56:30 pm
I just ordered Vol. 4, the Science magnet, a pair of pint glasses, and some lip balm for my SO.

I seriously considered some buttons for my messenger bag, but decided against it because the ones I want are all spread out. If we could mix+match our own set I'd order it, but I don't want to buy all 4 sets to get the buttons I like.
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: sjlimmer on November 30, 2004, 03:16:31 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I seriously considered some buttons for my messenger bag, but decided against it because the ones I want are all spread out. If we could mix+match our own set I'd order it, but I don't want to buy all 4 sets to get the buttons I like.

I'm with you on this one.  Ever since I lost the science pin off my bag, I've wanted a replacement.  But I don't really need dupes of the rest of button set one.

Chris, if you're out there, I'd pay a premium for mix-n-match button sets. (But not too much of one, as I am a cheap bastard at heart)
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: Nabubrush on November 30, 2004, 05:44:31 pm
I bought the Lyle shirt. But I don't think it has arrived yet.
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: Lane on November 30, 2004, 07:53:14 pm
I'd be interested in further information about how the pint glasses are printed, and how well the printing holds up to multiple dishwashings.  I've had pint glasses that were personalized which were just plain glass in less than a year (all the printing having worn off) and others which survived several years.  I know that the store text says "professional silkscreen" but both the former and latter set of glasses fell into that category in some way.  Mr. Onstad, if you're out there, have you tested these glasses yourself for durability/longlastedness?  They seem like excellent Christmas gift ideas for fellow Achewood readers.
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: CortJstr on November 30, 2004, 08:10:55 pm
I e-mailed Chris about the buttons. He says they're considering a re-design of the buttons page but not before the holidays.
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: palm trees on December 01, 2004, 02:36:21 am
wwooaahh.
how on earth can you drink a pint from a whisky-branded glass.
that's all wrong.


unless you're lemmy, in which case you drink a pint of whisky. but i'm not lemmy.
and you're not lemmy.
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: slink on December 01, 2004, 03:36:16 am
Quote from: "palm trees"
wwooaahh.
how on earth can you drink a pint from a whisky-branded glass.
that's all wrong.


unless you're lemmy, in which case you drink a pint of whisky. but i'm not lemmy.
and you're not lemmy.


I'm Lemmy. OK, clearly I'm not.
That aside, it's not whisky branded. It's Achewater. I mean, fine, from the sound of Achewater, be it real or not, you wouldn't want to drink a pint of the stuff, let alone any. But it's still an awesome glass, and for me and everyday use, all I drink from is a pint glass.
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: Chris Onstad on December 01, 2004, 06:42:33 am
Quote from: "Lane"
I'd be interested in further information about how the pint glasses are printed, and how well the printing holds up to multiple dishwashings.


Thanks for asking. The glasses hold up to hot, full-cycle dishwashing perfectly - they actually look a little better (the ink is glossier) after the initial wash. The ink is heat-set and rock-hard.

We test all our products before we offer them -- for example, I consumed many pints of Bass out of these glasses in order to make sure that the experience of using them is pleasing. I will be equally vigilant in testing the soon-to-arrive Rabbit Ambulance shot glasses.
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: palm trees on December 01, 2004, 10:15:46 am
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "palm trees"
wwooaahh.
how on earth can you drink a pint from a whisky-branded glass.
that's all wrong.


unless you're lemmy, in which case you drink a pint of whisky. but i'm not lemmy.
and you're not lemmy.


I'm Lemmy. OK, clearly I'm not.
That aside, it's not whisky branded.


well i do suppose the enormous ACHEWATER written on the glass does give that one away (although here (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05302002) is the source of my confusion), but i'm still not fond of drinking beer from a not-beer glass. guess that's just me, though.

rabbit ambulance shot glasses, however: how deliciously appropriate.
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: slink on December 01, 2004, 12:08:34 pm
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"

We test all our products before we offer them -- for example, I consumed many pints of Bass out of these glasses in order to make sure that the experience of using them is pleasing. I will be equally vigilant in testing the soon-to-arrive Rabbit Ambulance shot glasses.


Oh the hardship! Good to know they're checked out mind. Good to know you have the vices of your characters too.

Quote from: "palm trees"

but i'm still not fond of drinking beer from a not-beer glass.


Well. I never actually drink beer from a glass. The only beer I ever seem to drink anymore is Corona, and it's barely even a beer.
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: CortJstr on December 01, 2004, 02:57:06 pm
I just don't drink beer. I'm pretty sure the only beverages my Lyle glasses will contain are water and apple-peach juice. And maybe, maybe some Switch if I decide to use it as a mixer.
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: Nabubrush on December 01, 2004, 05:22:05 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I just don't drink beer. I'm pretty sure the only beverages my Lyle glasses will contain are water and apple-peach juice. And maybe, maybe some Switch if I decide to use it as a mixer.

Do you have any Ouzo?
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: fuddes on December 01, 2004, 10:52:37 pm
Pint glasses: Meh (that design isn't my favorite)
Lip balm: Yes!
Magnet: Yes!
Keychain: Yes!
Shot glass: Can't wait (and I don't even drink shots)
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: Bozack on December 02, 2004, 01:32:37 am
Quote from: "slink"
Well. I never actually drink beer from a glass. The only beer I ever seem to drink anymore is Corona, and it's barely even a beer.

That's actually true! Corona is actually the concentrated urine of hobos. But I love it, because I once drank a fotie of it while sitting in the parking lot of a gas-station in Florida.
I'm definitely all about....everything. I'm going to end up selling my ass on the street for lip balm.
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: slink on December 02, 2004, 04:49:43 am
Quote from: "Bozack"

That's actually true! Corona is actually the concentrated urine of hobos.


Mexican hobos no less, and what could be better?

I will hopefully be ordering the vol iv's later, and maybe a glass and a shirt if I can swing it. Gotta love what the election has done to the exchange rate!
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: CortJstr on December 02, 2004, 01:38:56 pm
The shot glasses look pretty neat. But I've never consumed a shot and own no liquor to measure with one so I think I'll pass on this one.
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: wombat on December 02, 2004, 01:51:53 pm
The spouse and I ordered some things as stocking-stuffers for each other, including the pint glass.  But it's still not enough, I couldn't convince him that what we needed was WAY more Science.
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: arkabee on December 02, 2004, 02:57:11 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
The shot glasses look pretty neat. But I've never consumed a shot and own no liquor to measure with one so I think I'll pass on this one.


i think that if i ever manage to have children and am allowed by society to continue raising them after the sitcom based upon my hilariously foolish fatherly antics clues the world in on my inabilities as a father takes off and becomes wildly popular that i will dispense all of their liquid medicine (such as dime-a-tap, mmmm grape!) in shot glasses.

on one hand, i look back to my childhood and think, that would have kicked the ass.

on the other hand, i would be installing into them some deep psychological desire to drink medicating substances out of shot glasses.

on the back-hand, isn't it every parent's dream to see their children surpass their own life and etc?  so, for my children to get drunk while using glassware as opposed to drinking out of a bottle would indeed be the happiest moment of my fatherhood.  ok, second happiest, 1st being the big fat check from the network.
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: V-Adore on December 02, 2004, 06:28:09 pm
I drank Dimetapp as a kid out of those plastic cups that were basically shotglasses. That, and, when I became hideously tired of the taste of Artificial Grape, my parents encouraged me to start taking the stuff "John Wayne style," which is to say slug it back like one would particularly medicinal liquor. As a result, I became about the most hard-boiled frequently-sick elementary school kid ever, and I still can't stand artificial grape flavoring (except for Mountain Dew Pitch Black, quite inexplicably).

Anyway, the new glasses are k-rad. I still don't know if I need Achewood barware, but hey, classy.
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: Nabubrush on December 02, 2004, 07:22:00 pm
Arkabee, I love your nested-loop posts!
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: arlucasinc on December 02, 2004, 07:31:29 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "Bozack"

That's actually true! Corona is actually the concentrated urine of hobos.


Mexican hobos no less, and what could be better?


From what I understand, it takes Mexican hobos absolutely ages to jump off of trains. Why the hell are they so slow?

Don't even pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about.

But seriosuly. What I really want is another chance to buy an Achewood baseball cap. I want to wear the Rabbit Ambulance on my head, Dammit!
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: andalucia on December 02, 2004, 07:32:41 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
That's actually true! Corona is actually the concentrated urine of hobos. But I love it, because I once drank a fotie of it while sitting in the parking lot of a gas-station in Florida.


Only the "concentrated" part of that is questionable.  Corona is not concentrated anything.
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: CortJstr on December 02, 2004, 08:19:52 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I still can't stand artificial grape flavoring (except for Mountain Dew Pitch Black, quite inexplicably).

That is so wrong. Pitch Black taste liked watered down Kool-Aid. If I want carbonated non-grape I go for the Welch's like a regular person. Also, CUNT.
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: Nabubrush on December 07, 2004, 05:08:22 pm
Hey, this morning when I got to my office bright and early, there was an email waiting for me from Achewater Publishing (via paypal). It turns out that my Lyle shirt is beginning to wend its way northward to the Nabu hovel. Wooooot! (Is that right?)

Also, there was a care package from my darling on my desk - she's so sweet!
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: CortJstr on December 13, 2004, 05:01:42 pm
I just received my box o' Achewood goodness. And it just shipped Friday. The Lyle glasses are very sweet and I got a free rabbit ambulance temp. tattoo. I do miss the "Achewater publishing first edition" stamp that was in Volume 3 though.
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: Lane on December 15, 2004, 06:28:56 pm
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Quote from: "Lane"
I'd be interested in further information about how the pint glasses are printed, and how well the printing holds up to multiple dishwashings.


Thanks for asking.


And thank you for answering.  Since I and my friends are all alcoholics, you have made Christmas shopping very easy this year.
Title: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
Post by: arkabee on December 15, 2004, 10:01:53 pm
Quote from: "Lane"

 Since I and my friends are all alcoholics, you have made Christmas shopping very easy this year.


behold the power of the internet!