The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: AlohaDawg on November 30, 2004, 11:59:58 pm

Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 30, 2004, 11:59:58 pm
OK, so I went through and closed all the threads that have not been posted to since first half of 2004. Anyone want to resurrect an old thread? Let me or V know. I doubt this will happen.

Also, I was thinking it seems like there should be some baby action pretty soon. Ours is 'offically' due February 10th. I know Ash, Va and JLD are also expecting, anyone else got news they want to share? When are all these babies due?
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: Nabubrush on December 01, 2004, 12:02:55 am
My input: I wasn't broken, but I went to get tutored anyway. Enjoy your progeny, folks. Us not having any leaves more room for yours!

Also, thanks to ADawg for your modding diligence.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: AugustWest on December 01, 2004, 12:10:19 am
I was tutored nigh on 10 years ago.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: CortJstr on December 01, 2004, 12:21:22 am
Quote from: "Asherdan"
I politely respect, while not pretending to comprehend, some of our board members decision to not spawn.

We both think there's too many people on the planet already. Partly because of this (and partly because of the pain-factor) the SO decided she'd only even consider adoption. And I can't stand kids so it all works out nicely for us.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: jough on December 01, 2004, 03:04:30 am
Quote from: "Asherdan"
'Official' date of April 26th for us.


Hey, that's my birthday.

If it does come on that day, and is a boy, I suggest you name it "Jough."  Pronounce it any way you want.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: jough on December 01, 2004, 07:49:16 am
Quote from: "Asherdan"

2. You have to email her the pronunciation you use.  She's curious that way.


Ehsy'd hrt r-msil sfftrdd?
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: Nabubrush on December 01, 2004, 05:23:37 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "Asherdan"
'Official' date of April 26th for us.


Hey, that's my birthday.

If it does come on that day, and is a boy, I suggest you name it "Jough."  Pronounce it any way you want.


Just ran that by Spouse and she says OK with a couple of conditions:

1. It has to be a boy and born on that date.
2. You have to email her the pronunciation you use.  She's curious that way.

This is the same gal that has managed to not know the gender so far, in part so she can torture the out-laws with them not knowing.

Surprisingly, I'm OK with that deal as well.

Damn. You people are nuts.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: jough on December 01, 2004, 05:54:51 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "Asherdan"

2. You have to email her the pronunciation you use.  She's curious that way.


Ehsy'd hrt r-msil sfftrdd?


My reply was only garbled because my left hand was shifted over one position on the keyboard.

That should have said:

What's her e-mail address?
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: CortJstr on December 01, 2004, 05:58:17 pm
I thought that was just the internet version of pig-latin.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: Gimpson on December 01, 2004, 06:00:03 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jough"
Ehsy'd hrt r-msil sfftrdd?


My reply was only garbled because my left hand was shifted over one position on the keyboard.

That should have said:

What's her e-mail address?


I was trying to decode that, but it didn't occur to me that you would have one hand off home and the other on.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: Nabubrush on December 01, 2004, 06:05:18 pm
Shit, I thought that was how you pronounced your name.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: slink on December 01, 2004, 07:26:48 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"

PM'd

And don't think she'll tell me squat, either.  Perverse, she is.


Even if it's what you call your kid? Damn, dogg.
So what will you refer to him as?
Or is it just the PMD she's suffering at the moment?

I'm so very, very sorry. I couldn't quite resist.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: Va on December 01, 2004, 08:04:36 pm
My "official" due date as decreed by the OB/GYN is January 15th, which is based solely on the date of my last period.  I recalculated based on what I knew about my cycle and when I think I actually got pregnant and I came up with January 24th.  However, since I'm a primipara (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=primipara&r=67), my baby is more likely to appear around February 1st.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: wombat on December 01, 2004, 10:02:09 pm
My birthday is January 19th, if your baby is born then don't you want to name it Wombat?

EDIT:  Whoopee!  A thousand posts!
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: AugustWest on December 01, 2004, 10:04:29 pm
Quote from: "wombat"


EDIT:  Whoopee!  A thousand posts!


Excellent!
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: Va on December 01, 2004, 10:12:23 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
My birthday is January 19th, if your baby is born then don't you want to name it Wombat?


I have a sneaking suspicion that Wombat is not your real name.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: wombat on December 01, 2004, 10:50:22 pm
Quote from: "Va"

I have a sneaking suspicion that Wombat is not your real name.


Well, sure, but it's so much better.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: CortJstr on December 01, 2004, 11:05:53 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
My birthday is January 19th, if your baby is born then don't you want to name it Wombat?

EDIT:  Whoopee!  A thousand posts!

It's super-cool special post number day! Lemon squares for everybody!
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: Nabubrush on December 01, 2004, 11:46:13 pm
I'm sorry, Wombat. I could have sworn that I commended you on your post count as soon as I read it - anyway, Huzzah!
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: Va on December 02, 2004, 03:40:25 pm
So who are the two aspiring baby-makers who voted "Trying"?
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: Limmo on December 02, 2004, 05:46:14 pm
Me, for one.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: Nabubrush on December 02, 2004, 07:23:56 pm
Quote from: "Limmo"
Me, for one.


Oh c'mon, you're 73 years old!
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: AugustWest on December 02, 2004, 07:55:58 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "Limmo"
Me, for one.


Oh c'mon, you're 73 years old!

Hey, Tony Randall!  I thought you were dead.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: jough on December 02, 2004, 08:07:21 pm
I try every chance I get - but I prefer only the very strongest of my sperm to win out - so if they can make it through the condom and spermacide, they DESERVE life, you know?
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: Va on December 02, 2004, 11:31:42 pm
When are you going to change your avatar?
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: jough on December 03, 2004, 12:43:59 am
Once I am president in 2012.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 03, 2004, 01:50:33 am
How come no poll option for "We might be pregnant but we're not really sure at the moment?"
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: V-Adore on December 03, 2004, 02:48:58 am
I confess I'm curious, on "avoiding," what percentage of those avoiding were.. er... how do I put this... temporary vs. permanent in that regard. I chose it, but I'll probably have kids at some point; I'm just, well, in college right now, and thus it's infeasible. You get where I'm coming from, I'm sure.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: CortJstr on December 03, 2004, 03:05:16 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I confess I'm curious, on "avoiding," what percentage of those avoiding were.. er... how do I put this... temporary vs. permanent in that regard. I chose it, but I'll probably have kids at some point; I'm just, well, in college right now, and thus it's infeasible. You get where I'm coming from, I'm sure.

I, obviously, am avoiding permanently.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 03, 2004, 07:22:24 am
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
How come no poll option for "We might be pregnant but we're not really sure at the moment?"


Vote with confidence!
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: slink on December 03, 2004, 10:35:46 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I confess I'm curious, on "avoiding," what percentage of those avoiding were.. er... how do I put this... temporary vs. permanent in that regard. I chose it, but I'll probably have kids at some point; I'm just, well, in college right now, and thus it's infeasible. You get where I'm coming from, I'm sure.

I, obviously, am avoiding permanently.


Ditto. I'm pretty sure I'm on permanent avoidance.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: wombat on December 03, 2004, 01:49:43 pm
Quite permanently.  I'd like another puppy again someday, but that's it.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: Va on December 03, 2004, 02:53:03 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
How come no poll option for "We might be pregnant but we're not really sure at the moment?"


I'd say that falls under the category of "Trying".  Or, you could just be optimistic and vote "Yes"!
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: Nabubrush on December 03, 2004, 04:31:42 pm
Permanent avoidance.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: Bozack on December 03, 2004, 05:19:27 pm
I probably should have put down "permanent avoidance," even though I want kids someday: there's a running joke among my siblings that I'm just going to keep dating people "until the condom breaks," at which point I'll get married, have kids, go bald, etc.

I just want to reiterate that my FAMILY makes jokes about how I'm going to get some girl PREGNANT.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: Nabubrush on December 03, 2004, 05:24:04 pm
That's fantastic! I was thinking permanent avoidance in terms of 'it simply will not happen' - not 'I'm waiting until later'.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: slink on December 03, 2004, 06:15:13 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"

I like your family.  I think all family should basically be merciless on each other after a certain point.

I have a urologist and I'm not afraid to use him!


After a point? You mean, not from the start?

I have to say I have on a good few occasions thought about the ol' snip. But for some reason I don't. I guess I kind of feel like if I did everything would work out - I'd be happy and well adjusted, the world would make me happy enough to bring a child into it &c. But not even that thought makes me want to go and have bits of me fucked with.
Hell, I tend to hang onto the thought that well, I'm probably infertile anyway.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: AugustWest on December 03, 2004, 06:21:57 pm
Heh heh.  I just noticed that the first two words in this thread title are "Sticky:poll".  Heh heh.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: Bozack on December 03, 2004, 08:46:20 pm
Can't you get vascetomys reversed?
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: Nabubrush on December 03, 2004, 08:58:43 pm
Not all of them can be, I don't think - it depends what exact procedure they use.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: AugustWest on December 03, 2004, 09:00:21 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Not all of them can be, I don't think - it depends what exact procedure they use.


I'm pretty sure the "Two Bricks" method is permanent.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: Va on December 03, 2004, 09:02:00 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
Can't you get vascetomys reversed?


Not only that, but sometimes they spontaneously reverse themselves.  Same for tubal ligation, which is why some IUD manufacturers can accurately claim that their product is even more effective than surgical sterilization.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: CortJstr on December 03, 2004, 09:25:48 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
Can't you get vascetomys reversed?

Basically what Asherdan said. A vasectomy is a simple procedure with very small risk. And in-and-out kind of thing. While a reversal carries a lot more risk and a much higher probability of failure.

They're kind of like tattoos that way.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: Nabubrush on December 03, 2004, 09:26:56 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Bozack"
Can't you get vascetomys reversed?

Basically what Asherdan said. A vasectomy is a simple procedure with very small risk. And in-and-out kind of thing. While a reversal carries a lot more risk and a much higher probability of failure.

They're kind of like tattoos that way.

And in the way that they make people want to have sex with you more.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: AugustWest on December 03, 2004, 09:39:08 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Bozack"
Can't you get vascetomys reversed?

Basically what Asherdan said. A vasectomy is a simple procedure with very small risk. And in-and-out kind of thing. While a reversal carries a lot more risk and a much higher probability of failure.

They're kind of like tattoos that way.

And in the way that they make people want to have sex with you more.

Coulda fooled me.  I've got a tattoo and a vasectomy and I ain't getting any.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: Nabubrush on December 03, 2004, 09:48:39 pm
I probably should have pointed out that your individual results may vary.


Also, I think Will Smith would have it as "Jiggy". But if you are getting jiggly, that's cool too.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 03, 2004, 09:56:36 pm
The older we get, the jigglier we get.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: wombat on December 03, 2004, 10:00:06 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Statistical anomaly, you are.


New title!  New title!
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: AugustWest on December 03, 2004, 10:01:08 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Statistical anomaly, you are.


New title!  New title!


D'oh!
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: Nabubrush on December 03, 2004, 10:21:55 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "wombat"

New title!  New title!


D'oh!


That me me laugh so hard I feared for my continence.

The older we get, the less continent we get. (With apologies to ADawg)
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 03, 2004, 10:34:19 pm
It's all so true.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: arkabee on December 03, 2004, 10:50:40 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Not all of them can be, I don't think - it depends what exact procedure they use.


I'm pretty sure the "Two Bricks" method is permanent.


i hate you so much right now because i can not get that phrase out of my head and now i'm starting to feel faint.


also,
herebouts there's a billboard advertising vasectomy reversals.
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: jough on December 04, 2004, 12:11:54 am
I have neither a tattoo nor a vasectomy - however, I find the latter would cut (excuse the pun) too deeply into my sex life, as collecting my seed to produce offspring is the #1 reason that I get any at all.

(all women want little übermenchen running around)
Title: Clean up and a Question
Post by: Nabubrush on December 04, 2004, 01:06:32 am
No.