The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: slink on December 01, 2004, 02:05:07 pm

Title: Illigitimate lovechild of internet and media
Post by: slink on December 01, 2004, 02:05:07 pm
Just ended up at this page before.
Well, it's all explained at the top - essentially they were letting people on the internet post business closure announcements, and there was a way to get round it being reviewed before being shown.

The finest has to be Cecil's Cockring Emporium.
http://www4.ncsu.edu/~smheath/news14.html

While I'm here, I'll throw this link at you too.
Grover is Bitter (http://www.zeroboutique.com/grover/index.htm) - a look into the life and downfall of one Grovski 'Grover' Carbunkle, and how his life turned out post Sesame Street.
Title: Illigitimate lovechild of internet and media
Post by: jough on December 01, 2004, 03:52:53 pm
Okay, I'll admit that there were a few I didn't get why they were funny.

I guess I'm not "l33t" enough.
Title: Illigitimate lovechild of internet and media
Post by: CortJstr on December 01, 2004, 04:55:47 pm
I got most of them. I kept waiting for Dewey, Cheetum, & Howe.
Title: Illigitimate lovechild of internet and media
Post by: slink on December 01, 2004, 05:23:24 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Okay, I'll admit that there were a few I didn't get why they were funny.

I guess I'm not "l33t" enough.


Well yea. If I were to link to any of them, like I say it would be Cecil's. The rest of them... A bit lame really.
Title: Illigitimate lovechild of internet and media
Post by: V-Adore on December 01, 2004, 07:38:17 pm
Are some of these even jokes?

I love how it walks the line between "blatantly stupid obvious" and "'humor' so 'subtle' I cannot tell if this is an actual business or not."
Title: Illigitimate lovechild of internet and media
Post by: slink on December 01, 2004, 08:08:13 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Are some of these even jokes?

I love how it walks the line between "blatantly stupid obvious" and "'humor' so 'subtle' I cannot tell if this is an actual business or not."


Well, see, what amused me most was just the fact that they allowed this to be possible. I mean, if I worked for a network, the first thing I'd make sure is that not just anyone can put anything they want on the screen. Seems to make sense to me! It was the pure stupidity that filled me with glee.
Title: Illigitimate lovechild of internet and media
Post by: Mr Trout on December 08, 2004, 05:12:48 am
I think it's the angle, but this lady (http://www.brentroad.com/photos/00235017.jpg) has such a weird and unintentionally funny expresion/face.
Title: Illigitimate lovechild of internet and media
Post by: slink on December 08, 2004, 03:01:23 pm
Quote from: "Mr Trout"
I think it's the angle, but this lady (http://www.brentroad.com/photos/00235017.jpg) has such a weird and unintentionally funny expresion/face.


She's just confused that the precision cast doesn't seem very precise. More like giraffeer Price cast.