The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: slink on December 01, 2004, 07:35:55 pm

Title: From the good-taste dept.
Post by: slink on December 01, 2004, 07:35:55 pm
Found through the amusing, great and unfortunately tortuous (for me - as I do find things I want to buy so bad here) http://musicthing.blogspot.com/ - the most unplayable looking guitars (http://www.exoticguitars.com/instruments.html) ever. In particular, and the one that showed up on Music Thing - the Skeletar (http://www.exoticguitars.com/skeletar.html).

You'd just get tangled in the thing. And that's not even getting into how damned stupid it is!
I mean, they look like they're very well built, and designed, but... Ugh.
Title: From the good-taste dept.
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 01, 2004, 08:51:01 pm
Cheatar. (http://www.homestarrunner.com/cheatar.html)
Title: From the good-taste dept.
Post by: Nabubrush on December 01, 2004, 09:04:58 pm
On The Ladykillers (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0335245/) on DVD they have a mini-documentary of Danny Ferrington. He made the instruments for the movie, and he's made lots of custom guitars for all sorts of folks. It was petty cool. Here's (http://www.vintagekramer.com/company44.htm) some stuff he did with Kramer, but if you watch the DVD they show his shop, and some of the crazy stuff he has done.
Title: From the good-taste dept.
Post by: andalucia on December 01, 2004, 09:12:49 pm
Oh, that rules.
Thanks slink, I'll be wasting a lot of study-time there.
Title: From the good-taste dept.
Post by: Bozack on December 02, 2004, 01:28:00 am
The most bad-ass guitar EVER. (http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/images/gun_guitar.jpg)
Title: From the good-taste dept.
Post by: Nabubrush on December 02, 2004, 02:09:58 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
The most bad-ass guitar EVER. (http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/images/gun_guitar.jpg)

That's actually buried in the S-link - though a different picture.
Title: From the good-taste dept.
Post by: CortJstr on December 02, 2004, 02:48:32 am
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "Bozack"
The most bad-ass guitar EVER. (http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/images/gun_guitar.jpg)

That's actually buried in the S-link - though a different picture.

The S-link. ::rimshot!::
Title: From the good-taste dept.
Post by: Limmo on December 02, 2004, 04:29:14 am
The Folk Legend is a thing of beauty forever, even if you would have scars on your upper thighs from playing it.
Title: From the good-taste dept.
Post by: slink on December 02, 2004, 04:52:27 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "Bozack"
The most bad-ass guitar EVER. (http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/images/gun_guitar.jpg)

That's actually buried in the S-link - though a different picture.

The S-link. ::rimshot!::


Wow. I've become a... Oh wait, I already was*.

Indeed, it was the Gundam Guitar, which I had come across somewhere a few months back, which had my brother sending me the link to Music Thing. He knows my love of all things music afterall.

The most disturbing of which being an affliction cattle get from eating  hogweed or some such.
Title: From the good-taste dept.
Post by: arkabee on December 02, 2004, 02:52:21 pm
if i had a million dollars or somesuch i would build a shop in the backyard and all kinds of tools so i could spend all day making (or thinking about making) useless shit that would never ina bajillion years be .000001% as cool as the stuff that guy made.

apparently the skelatar actually works.  that is the coolest.  i would not want to play a skeleton guitar, if i were a guitar player, but to be able to create one, out of wood and stuff, and have it work, such that you can make it sound xylophone-esque,
that may be the pinacle of crafting.
Title: From the good-taste dept.
Post by: slink on December 02, 2004, 06:10:22 pm
Quote from: "arkabee"

that may be the pinacle of crafting.


Yea. That is true. I mean like I say, they do look to be very well built and designed. I've known a couple of people in my time who could make guitars, and I've always thought it would be pretty awesome to be able to. Then I could Hendrix my guitars at the end of a set, and as long as I don't break the neck or head, just patch it too. That said, I could never have the heart to smash up my Les Paul.
Title: From the good-taste dept.
Post by: Nabubrush on December 02, 2004, 07:39:38 pm
My brother made himself a strat knock-off in wood shop.


That's it - I'm tapped out.
Title: From the good-taste dept.
Post by: CortJstr on December 02, 2004, 08:15:21 pm
Apparently PRS is located right in this area because several people I've talked to in bands have gone there to make their own guitars.
Title: From the good-taste dept.
Post by: Nabubrush on December 02, 2004, 08:33:18 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "Bozack"
The most bad-ass guitar EVER. (http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/images/gun_guitar.jpg)

That's actually buried in the S-link - though a different picture.

The S-link. ::rimshot!::

Also, thank you. That took me hours.
Title: From the good-taste dept.
Post by: slink on December 06, 2004, 04:37:27 pm
If y'all didn't check Music Thing today, you must.
http://www.mcrorie.ca/ just is... Erm... Wow... Yea...
Title: From the good-taste dept.
Post by: Nabubrush on December 06, 2004, 05:13:44 pm
I was right there with him until Celine showed up.

How can a guy be so talented and so completely wrong?

Also, I liked him better with the long hair, when he looked like Chris Jericho. When he broke out the mullet, I lost all repsect for him.

I don't know how you and Bobby do it, but those are some quality links.