The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Nabubrush on December 02, 2004, 09:36:10 pm

Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: Nabubrush on December 02, 2004, 09:36:10 pm
I posted this in the slowly withering football thread, but I wanted you folks to know, and I know some people are ignoring that thread. Not to get all sticky and smarmy and teary-eyed, but:

Quote from: "I"
Heck, I'd like to go ahead and thank every last one of you, profusely, for being part of a community that is not both repellant and repugnant. It is truly a joy to be able to discuss things here without all the rancor and small-mindedness of other boards. It is also really nice that we can do it without the mods having to be so heavy-handed, as sometimes happens in other places.


I may be bubbling over because I've had a pretty good year, what with the move and the marriage to a wonderful person, but I just wanted to . . . share.
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: AugustWest on December 02, 2004, 09:55:13 pm
Since Jough hasn't made into this thread yet, allow me to make the obnoxious "Suckin' each other's dicks" comment on his behalf.

That is all.

Oh yeah, and I love you guys too.
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: V-Adore on December 02, 2004, 10:05:58 pm
Allow me to extend this small token of my esteem to the board:

<3

But seriously -- I do appreciate y'all and being able to have a civil conversation with you about talking cats and subjects that are not talking cats. Thanks for being, as my father would say, "adequate human beings."
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: Nabubrush on December 02, 2004, 10:09:06 pm
Hey Asher, is that the song RATM covers on Renegades? Because if so, that's the only version I've heard (I think) and when I hear it, it makes me sad.



And angry - Hulk will smash!

Sorry, I thought I was getting soft.
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: wombat on December 03, 2004, 12:03:32 am
I love you all too but... how the hell did a thread about football arrive at that point?

I'm just going to have to read the goddam thing now, aren't I.
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: andalucia on December 03, 2004, 12:24:19 am
Shucks.
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: jough on December 03, 2004, 12:43:34 am
Actually, August, I was just about to gesture obscenely towards the cobweb-encrusted tip jar, which has lay fallow for many months.
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: Nabubrush on December 03, 2004, 01:20:20 am
Quote from: "jough"
Actually, August, I was just about to gesture obscenely towards the cobweb-encrusted tip jar, which has lay fallow for many months.

I straight-up know that I have been desultory in that, but in my defense I wasn't getting any benefit from this for a while. I will rectify that right the fuck now.

Done!
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: Bozack on December 03, 2004, 02:21:45 am
I would gladly slobber on any of y'alls dongs, or dong-like areas.
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: wombat on December 03, 2004, 02:35:59 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
dong-like areas


Rather a charming euphemism, considering the alternatives, really.
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 03, 2004, 07:23:55 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
I would gladly slobber on any of y'alls dongs, or dong-like areas.


I haven't had an offer like that in quite awhile.

I'm touched, really.
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: jough on December 03, 2004, 07:56:48 am
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "jough"
Actually, August, I was just about to gesture obscenely towards the cobweb-encrusted tip jar, which has lay fallow for many months.

I straight-up know that I have been desultory in that, but in my defense I wasn't getting any benefit from this for a while. I will rectify that right the fuck now.

Done!


Thanks Nabu.  You're a gentleman and a scholar, and a fine example for the other members.
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: Nabubrush on December 03, 2004, 04:32:26 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
I would gladly slobber on any of y'alls dongs, or dong-like areas.

It's always nice to know that one has a fall-back position.
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: Bozack on December 03, 2004, 05:15:23 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
It's always nice to know that one has a fall-back position.


Yeah, at some point, five years from now, I'm going to hear a knock on my door. Upon answering it, I'll find one of YOU people, clutching a faded printout of this thread and a pair of kneepads. I should have set up a statute of limitations.
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: Nabubrush on December 03, 2004, 05:24:59 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
It's always nice to know that one has a fall-back position.


Yeah, at some point, five years from now, I'm going to hear a knock on my door. Upon answering it, I'll find one of YOU people, clutching a faded printout of this thread and a pair of kneepads. I should have set up a statute of limitations.

Oh no - it's on. You better hope Mr. Gary doesn't post here.
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: slink on December 03, 2004, 06:08:18 pm
Goddamnit I hate you all!

I'm going for grouch of the year award, and I feel you guys deserve a piece of my action, what my unhindered affection for y'all.
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: Nabubrush on December 03, 2004, 06:46:44 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Goddamnit I hate you all!

I'm going for grouch of the year award, and I feel you guys deserve a piece of my action, what my unhindered affection for y'all.


I . . . I love you, Slink.
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 03, 2004, 07:16:32 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Goddamnit I hate you all!

I'm going for grouch of the year award, and I feel you guys deserve a piece of my action, what my unhindered affection for y'all.


Between Bozack and Slink I can't imagine how much more action I could take this holiday season.
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: slink on December 03, 2004, 07:19:41 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"

I . . . I love you, Slink.


<voice: cartman;> GODDAMNIT </voice>
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: slink on December 03, 2004, 07:20:49 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

Between Bozack and Slink I can't imagine how much more action I could take this holiday season.


Grouch action. I meant grouch action.
Ah well, I've promised now. Shucks!
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: jough on December 04, 2004, 05:24:01 am
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Quote from: "jough"
Thanks Nabu.  You're a gentleman and a scholar, and a fine example for the other members.


It worked on me...


You're a gentleman, a scholar, and a fine judge of good whiskey and bad women.
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: arkabee on December 14, 2004, 03:56:57 am
this was the "happy happy" thread, yes?

i have pressed the reply button, i think, maybe, 7 or 8 times, and typed up various things to reply to and abuot in various threads the past couple of days and then stopped posting them because apparently i have become a complete and utter asshole since friday.

if for some reason, such as a lack of better judegment on my part, i were not to stop from posting such a thing,

please, accept my humble pre-emptive apology,

and whilst reading my horricily butty offensive litanies, please do not mentally picture a bitter and withered man drooling and glaring at a crt in a blackened and musty basement cursing the world which has scorned him,

but picture a drooling man who is trying to quit smoking again.

damn this nicorette makes me drool.

it burns.

and it makes me drool.

kids, don't do drugs if you intend to try and quit later.

ps, i apologize in the "you are nice people" thread because you are nice people.
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 14, 2004, 07:00:41 am
Dude, good luck quitting. That's hard.
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: Nabubrush on December 16, 2004, 06:32:36 pm
Ark, after 20 years of smoking I am smoke free for 8 months today!!! Just relax and try not to get all hung up. I wish I could say something that will help you, but just understand that it is possible, and that you do not need to smoke. You are a wonderful human being. I really, really enjoy the things that you post here. I, also, have no idea about pregnant women. I could see one, and not know if she was 3 months pregnant, or 15 months pregnant, and I would probably advise her to lie down with a damp towel over her head. Please come back here and write other things.

You. Are. Rad.
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: Nabubrush on January 06, 2005, 11:38:36 pm
Nothin' but love for ya, Asher!
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: AugustWest on January 07, 2005, 01:06:49 am
You're too nice to have street cred.

What the hell is "street cred", anyway?  My ignorance must mean I don't have any.
Title: Thanks, everybody!
Post by: Bozack on January 07, 2005, 06:34:52 am
Quote from: "Mr. Show"

David: And what about you Bob? Always out there singing the rap songs...
Bob: [looks around at rest of cast and says quietly] Well that's just me David, I'm from the streets.