The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on December 07, 2004, 09:57:26 pm

Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: AugustWest on December 07, 2004, 09:57:26 pm
The Lil' Oinker Pork Products set of gift food!

What a terrific product name.  Although I had no idea that otters were so fond of pork.
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: andalucia on December 07, 2004, 10:00:08 pm
I thought "bad karma and jammy thick blood" was a particularly wonderful phrase.
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: wombat on December 07, 2004, 10:15:50 pm
Oh yes!  I already have one of those plastic snouts you can wear, but the rest of it would be a lovely present indeed.
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: V-Adore on December 07, 2004, 10:29:07 pm
Really, wombat, can you ever have too many wearable plastic pig snouts?

As for the rest of Philippe's blog -- well, normally I abhor cutesy misspellings, but Philippe spelling it "cello fane" makes me happy. His promise about the x-acto knife does too, but I still would not trust Philippe with an x-acto knife, ever.
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: jough on December 08, 2004, 12:09:37 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Philippe spelling it "cello fane" makes me happy


Was this Philippe being cute or does Onstad just not know how to spell cellophane?
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 08, 2004, 04:30:35 am
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Philippe spelling it "cello fane" makes me happy


Was this Philippe being cute or does Onstad just not know how to spell cellophane?


Is this just jough being smarmy or does he wager a communications major and Stanford newspaperman loquacious enough to use 'postprandial' would have such atrocious spelling?  :wink:
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: AugustWest on December 08, 2004, 05:16:45 am
Yikes!  It's Meta-posting!  Stop it before it kills again!
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: slink on December 08, 2004, 02:55:30 pm
Quote from: "jough"

Was this Philippe being cute or does Onstad just not know how to spell cellophane?


c. l. i. n. g.  f. i. l. m.
Sheesh!
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: Formica on December 08, 2004, 05:48:23 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "jough"

Was this Philippe being cute or does Onstad just not know how to spell cellophane?


c. l. i. n. g.  f. i. l. m.
Sheesh!

And to think I wasn't going to go there. (http://www.michaelkelly.fsnet.co.uk/karl.htm)

Tinfoil wrappers are degenerates and should be ashamed.
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: andalucia on December 08, 2004, 06:14:40 pm
Quote from: "Formica"

And to think I wasn't going to go there. (http://www.michaelkelly.fsnet.co.uk/karl.htm)


Oh, good lord, not this again.
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: slink on December 08, 2004, 06:52:25 pm
Quote from: "Formica"

And to think I wasn't going to go there. (http://www.michaelkelly.fsnet.co.uk/karl.htm)


Cripes. I wasn't going anywhere, let alone there. Just what we call it!
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 08, 2004, 08:56:27 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "Formica"

And to think I wasn't going to go there. (http://www.michaelkelly.fsnet.co.uk/karl.htm)


Cripes. I wasn't going anywhere, let alone there. Just what we call it!



Obligatory swedish video:

http://www.looptroop.nu/videos/PROMOE_THESEWALLS-HI.wmv

Now we went there.
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: andalucia on December 10, 2004, 04:08:52 pm
That unpleasantness aside, this may well be my favourite episode in the ongoing Eustace K. Dobbs saga, in particular the ending, which in both syntax and content reminds me of Hunter Thompson.

Also, is "dickle" as used by Chris legitimate slang that I've never come across, or just a bizzare coinage?  Discuss.
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: CortJstr on December 10, 2004, 05:04:57 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
Also, is "dickle" as used by Chris legitimate slang that I've never come across, or just a bizzare coinage?  Discuss.

I just assumed it was one of those crazy California words like "hella"
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: ferocious j on December 10, 2004, 07:18:27 pm
Nice Pete's novel went from "buh?" to "holy shit awesome" in one post.  That is art right there.  Art just happened.
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: palm trees on December 10, 2004, 08:20:24 pm
took me a couple of minutes of mr. bear's blog to realise who "Patrick" was. that, and the fact that there wasn't any direct reference calling him a dick.
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: filas on December 10, 2004, 10:14:53 pm
"my wife has an inner ear infection."
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 11, 2004, 09:14:42 pm
pat . . . is  . . . a  . . .   DICK

I wonder if Son of Sam law would affect him?
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: CortJstr on December 12, 2004, 01:04:15 am
I'm pretty sure the concept of pressing charges only applies in cases where it's one person's word against another's. So I don't think Mr. Bear really has the option of letting Pat off the hook.
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: Bozack on December 12, 2004, 09:00:13 pm
GOD, FUCK YOU PAT! FUCK YOU IN THE EYE!
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: slink on December 12, 2004, 09:09:25 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
GOD, FUCK YOU PAT! FUCK YOU IN THE EYE!


I hadn't been saying anything about it, because I hadn't thought of saying that.
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: rrh on December 13, 2004, 05:19:09 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I'm pretty sure the concept of pressing charges only applies in cases where it's one person's word against another's. So I don't think Mr. Bear really has the option of letting Pat off the hook.
Maybe in our justice system, but in the Underground, things are different.
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: MattFish on December 13, 2004, 06:30:50 am
Convertible Mustangs make a return!
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 13, 2004, 02:05:29 pm
Why can't I have obscenely wealthy, obscenely cool friends like Ray?
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: CortJstr on December 13, 2004, 04:59:22 pm
How will Lyle react when he comes home to find another porn shoot moving into his territory?
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: andalucia on December 13, 2004, 05:19:19 pm
Molly's ripping into Tina makes me enjoy her a lot more.  But I do find Onstad's efforts to write like a girl slightly disconcerting.
Also, 75 Hobbies is totally the best store name ever.
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: CortJstr on December 13, 2004, 05:26:29 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
Molly's ripping into Tina makes me enjoy her a lot more.  But I do find Onstad's efforts to write like a girl slightly disconcerting.
Also, 75 Hobbies is totally the best store name ever.

Tina totally needs to hook up with the guy behind me at work. He listens to the local Clear Channel rock station all day and likes anything that they play automatically. He is also excited by new "real men of genius" commercials. We call him Mr. Mainstream.
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: V-Adore on December 13, 2004, 07:28:37 pm
Okay, am I just too much of a girl, or is Chris being really oversensitive about the whole "girl mentioning her fiance is a Sox fan" thing? I mean, it's germane and sensible as a way of continuing the conversation; it lets Chris know why she's thinking about the Sox lately. It's not exactly equivalent to "Red Sox? ... my wife just shot herself."

Re: Beef and Molly -- this is good. I think this is what they need, both as a composite entity (or whatever) and just as people. I suspect it'll be good for them.

Also, finally caught up on Pete's novel. Excellent.
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: AugustWest on December 13, 2004, 07:59:37 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Okay, am I just too much of a girl, or is Chris being really oversensitive about the whole "girl mentioning her fiance is a Sox fan" thing? I mean, it's germane and sensible as a way of continuing the conversation; it lets Chris know why she's thinking about the Sox lately. It's not exactly equivalent to "Red Sox? ... my wife just shot herself."


I agree.

I mean, I'm familiar with the phenomenon, the whole slipping of superfluous personal information into the conversation.  But it didn't seem egregious or otherwise annoying in this instance.

Unless maybe Chris was flirting with the girl and this was her not so subtle way of giving him the brushoff.
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: wombat on December 13, 2004, 09:05:56 pm
AW has got it on the button.  I mean, the woman couldn't say "Bob is a Sox fan" because the listener wouldn't know who Bob was.  If she said "My best friend is a Sox fan" it would be exactly the same kind of description instead of a name and would have passed unremarked.  So therefore...  Cut out the messing around with girls in the supermarket, Blog-Chris, you're about to be a father for pete's sake, it's too late for that sort of thing.
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: AugustWest on December 13, 2004, 09:17:25 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Cut out the messing around with girls in the supermarket, Blog-Chris, you're about to be a father for pete's sake, it's too late for that sort of thing.


It's never too late for that sort of thing!
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: St_Zartan on December 13, 2004, 09:53:35 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
It's never too late for that sort of thing!


Fame has ruined you.
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: AugustWest on December 13, 2004, 10:14:03 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
It's never too late for that sort of thing!


Fame has ruined you.


Not fame, fatherhood.
Title: Characters' Weblogs -- December 7, 2004 -- December 14, 2004
Post by: Bozack on December 13, 2004, 10:37:32 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
It's never too late for that sort of thing!


Fame has ruined you.


Not fame, fatherhood.


Man, those two posts just made me sooo happy.