The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: wombat on December 09, 2004, 08:06:32 pm

Title: Your Fearless Leader visits DC
Post by: wombat on December 09, 2004, 08:06:32 pm
and survives encounter with wombat and large snake.

Jough has some versions of this picture that are actually in focus, but he is busy meeting with Famous Literary Personages, so this is the best you get for now.

http://www.rebsig.com/LL/achesnake.jpg
Title: Your Fearless Leader visits DC
Post by: CortJstr on December 09, 2004, 08:26:28 pm
Way for him to visit in the middle of a workday.
Title: Your Fearless Leader visits DC
Post by: wombat on December 09, 2004, 08:40:11 pm
Cort's just jealous that he's not unemployed too.
Title: Your Fearless Leader visits DC
Post by: V-Adore on December 09, 2004, 09:38:19 pm
Wombat, you look distressingly like my Animal Behavior professor from last semester. Do you moonlight teaching biology at small northeastern liberal arts colleges? Are you really into bird song?
Title: Your Fearless Leader visits DC
Post by: wombat on December 09, 2004, 09:45:25 pm
V - no, but right before I met Jough for lunch I interviewed for a bird keeper job.  I hope my uncanny resemblance to this bird-obsessed person is some kind of good omen.
Title: Your Fearless Leader visits DC
Post by: Va on December 10, 2004, 03:43:38 pm
Wow.  Is Jough really tall or is Wombat really short?
Title: Your Fearless Leader visits DC
Post by: CortJstr on December 10, 2004, 03:50:23 pm
Having only met Wombat I'd say the latter.
Title: Your Fearless Leader visits DC
Post by: andalucia on December 10, 2004, 04:03:17 pm
That's an absolutely charming photo; I'll look forward to seeing Jough's.
Title: Your Fearless Leader visits DC
Post by: wombat on December 10, 2004, 05:53:29 pm
Quote from: "Va"
Wow.  Is Jough really tall or is Wombat really short?


I would say BOTH.  Cort is just being mean because he's jealous that he's not unemployed too.

Not that there's anything wrong with being awfully short.
Title: Your Fearless Leader visits DC
Post by: jough on December 11, 2004, 12:21:52 am
I had a very nice and productive time in D.C. and enjoyed meeting Wombat for lunch.  Perhaps someday I will meet more of you (and maybe you'll even live to tell about it, too).

I do have photos but I am just checking with the board while my 9,789 e-mail messages from the past two days download, so I'll post some photos later.

I am exhausted as merely walking a few blocks is getting to be too much for me to handle without a fuck*ng oxygen tank.  Anyway, I did a lot of walking and am not dead yet, so yay me, and fuck you, doctors!
Title: Your Fearless Leader visits DC
Post by: Nabubrush on December 16, 2004, 06:34:34 pm
Why come nobody ever go to the Pacific Northwest?
Title: Your Fearless Leader visits DC
Post by: jough on December 16, 2004, 08:48:13 pm
I do!  I love Seattle and Portland!

I just haven't been there in a few years.  Give me time - I may be out there by next summer.
Title: Your Fearless Leader visits DC
Post by: sailor on December 18, 2004, 04:24:00 am
fuck seattle and fuck portland!

OLYMPIA FOREVER, BITCHES!!!
Title: Your Fearless Leader visits DC
Post by: AugustWest on December 18, 2004, 05:06:23 am
Quote from: "sailor"

OLYMPIA FOREVER, BITCHES!!!


Olympia?  Does the name Richard DeBolt mean anything to you?
Title: Your Fearless Leader visits DC
Post by: Nabubrush on December 21, 2004, 05:38:33 am
Quote from: "sailor"
fuck seattle and fuck portland!

OLYMPIA FOREVER, BITCHES!!!


There's no reason for that kind of attitude.
Title: Your Fearless Leader visits DC
Post by: sailor on December 23, 2004, 09:58:00 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "sailor"

OLYMPIA FOREVER, BITCHES!!!


Olympia?  Does the name Richard DeBolt mean anything to you?


um, maybe? whenever i hear "oh, do you know blah blah?" my brain automatically think s it does know blah blah.
Title: Your Fearless Leader visits DC
Post by: St_Zartan on December 24, 2004, 01:37:30 am
Quote from: "sailor"
um, maybe? whenever i hear "oh, do you know blah blah?" my brain automatically think s it does know blah blah.


I doubt the dude in question (http://www.leg.wa.gov/house/members/d20_1.htm) is part of your indie scene.
Title: Your Fearless Leader visits DC
Post by: Nabubrush on December 24, 2004, 01:44:02 am
Quote from: "sailor"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "sailor"

OLYMPIA FOREVER, BITCHES!!!


Olympia?  Does the name Richard DeBolt mean anything to you?


um, maybe? whenever i hear "oh, do you know blah blah?" my brain automatically think s it does know blah blah.


I don't know, Zart, I feel that way about most of the people in Bush's cabinet.
Title: Your Fearless Leader visits DC
Post by: AugustWest on December 24, 2004, 02:29:50 am
Rep. Debolt was a childhood friend.  Of course, he was about as sharp as a bowling ball back then, but maybe things have changed.  0
Title: Your Fearless Leader visits DC
Post by: miles on December 24, 2004, 09:58:46 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Rep. Debolt was a childhood friend.  Of course, he was about as sharp as a bowling ball back then, but maybe things have changed.  0


I don't think you have to be too sharp to be a State Rep.  At least not in Utah.

Apparently he's a Republican?  Are there Republicans in Olympia?

But then I check...  He doesn't actually represent Olympia.  Still though, looks like it's just south.  I thought Western Washington was entirely blue.

Well, I'm back in the Seattle area, and the weather is wonderful.  I miss this place.