The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Asherdan on December 10, 2004, 07:10:50 pm

Title: Later, Dimebag
Post by: Asherdan on December 10, 2004, 07:10:50 pm
Dimebag's all gone (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=795&e=1&u=/eo/20041210/en_music_eo/15490).(https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s---uBhIrEa--/oqil2ysvksn6vmluk2of.gif)
Title: Later, Dimebag
Post by: CortJstr on December 10, 2004, 07:38:20 pm
That was crazy. At the beginning of the day yesterday only the rock stations were reporting it, but by the time I went home last night it was the top story "above the fold" on the washpost.com.
Title: Later, Dimebag
Post by: miles on December 10, 2004, 08:15:20 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
That was crazy. At the beginning of the day yesterday only the rock stations were reporting it, but by the time I went home last night it was the top story "above the fold" on the washpost.com.


Jesus, I know!  How fuck*ng insane!  At least two of my friends in High School were enormous Pantera fans.  I wasn't really, but the guy was a great guitarist.  But really, shot?  On stage??  That's insane.  Just insane.  I heard about it on NPR.  It was only used as a lead in story to a story about some famous Romanian musician, apparently a cross between Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen?  He was killed in a drunken driving accident by a US Marine, and the Romanians are pissed.  But I know from watching Law & Order that these kind of situations are very delicate.  Very delicate, indeed.
Title: Later, Dimebag
Post by: Nabubrush on December 16, 2004, 06:44:06 pm
I went to a metal-type show on Friday where Dime was eulogized by all three bands. First band was a Tool cover band, but they played all originals, if you get me. Second band was a really sort of tasty dark scary band with a cute singer (we know her). Third band was an all-female Sabbath tribute band, but the guitarist was hurt so a male filled in. It was sort of fun, but as bad as you are thinking.