The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: linnea on December 10, 2004, 07:32:26 pm

Title: avatar help!
Post by: linnea on December 10, 2004, 07:32:26 pm
Damn. I just realized that my board avatar is gone. The original avatar (anime-style Somebody nice holding my cat Lennybruce) that I made was on Marvin the Angry Little Bitch's hard drive, and as he is defunct I no longer have it.

My question is...does anyone happen to have a copy of my avatar floating around in their browser history?

Second question: Would someone be willing to host my board avatar?

Another question: So many of you have rad avatars. If I can't have my old avatar, would someone find it in the kindness of their heart to make one for me?  It would be interesting to see the images that you lovely folks would choose to associate with yours truly.

Thank you for reading. Back to snow in the Aleutians. I got a pair of k2 snowboard boots for $34 on eBay!
Title: avatar help!
Post by: Ben-San on December 10, 2004, 09:18:05 pm
It's probably not exactly a rad avatar, but my immediate thought for someone called Linnea who is currently in the North is Linnaea Borealis.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/bensanaz/linnaeaborealisicon.jpg)
Title: avatar help!
Post by: St_Zartan on December 10, 2004, 09:22:54 pm
Mark that advice well, Somebody nice - Ben-San has one of my top five favorite message board avatars, ever.
Title: avatar help!
Post by: linnea on December 10, 2004, 10:41:11 pm
fuck*ng win.  

Ben-San, You. Are. Rad.

I keep trying to create an account on photobucket, but their free accounts are a no-go for the time being.
Title: avatar help!
Post by: jough on December 11, 2004, 12:24:32 am
I could host it for you wholesale right here on a.p.c. if you'd like.
Title: avatar help!
Post by: wombat on December 11, 2004, 01:02:34 am
That is seriously excellent.   Are you some kind of botanist, Ben-san, or just a very brilliant Googler?
Title: avatar help!
Post by: Ben-San on December 12, 2004, 09:12:54 am
I'm not a botanist of any flavor, but I've been on intermittent flower kicks for a while and remembered Linnaea Borealis. The picture is courtesy of a quick Googling and some good luck in quickly getting an avatar-worthy image.