The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Bozack on December 13, 2004, 06:40:08 am

Title: Who would BUY these?
Post by: Bozack on December 13, 2004, 06:40:08 am
Hey, I was wondering if y'all could check out a few t-shirt designs I've been working on; this January I'm planning on trying to get a shirt buisiness up, and these are a couple of the strongest designs I have so far. You all are pretty cool, and I was just wondering if you'd take a look and give me an idea what you think. These will hopefully be retailing for around $11 American (circa $13.50 Canadian, and £5.75).

Note: I'm certainly not asking you to buy these, especially given that they're purely theoretical at this time. I'd just like some feedback re: design, and if any of you would think of buying any one of these if you saw it in a store.

Futon Livin' (http://a.parsons.edu/~popham/futon-livin'.jpg)
Take Me Down to the Hospital (http://a.parsons.edu/~popham/hospital.jpg)
I Miss You (http://a.parsons.edu/~popham/i-miss-you.jpg)
Midnight Special (http://a.parsons.edu/~popham/midnight-special.jpg)
Death to Everyone (http://a.parsons.edu/~popham/deathtoeveryone.jpg)
We Don't Vote With Ballots (http://a.parsons.edu/~popham/ballots.jpg)

Are these really Hot Topic?
Title: Who would BUY these?
Post by: V-Adore on December 13, 2004, 06:59:44 am
I'm really not totally sure I get these. Am I not indie enough?
Title: Who would BUY these?
Post by: miles on December 13, 2004, 08:51:22 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'm really not totally sure I get these. Am I not indie enough?


I like the designs, and would certainly buy a couple of them if transerred to pint glasses or something else (good idea, Onstad).  I just don't buy t-shirts unless I can try them on because I'm so damn picky about the way they fit.  And generally, not even then, because so very few fit right.  Good designs though.

I Miss You=Slint?

Death to Everyone=Bonnie Prince Billie?
Title: Who would BUY these?
Post by: CortJstr on December 13, 2004, 01:50:06 pm
I dunno. I think right after last night's Simpsons was probably the wrong time to start this thread. The fly one really reminds me of that Deftones song they played to death a couple years ago.
Title: Who would BUY these?
Post by: andalucia on December 13, 2004, 03:09:58 pm
I really dig the futon livin' one: good colours, simple shapes, an an enigmatic message that's nevertheless resonant with all of us in the futon-owning college age bracket.  I also really dig the fly one.
I love the Replacements as much as any red-blooded indie kid, but I'm kind of wary of the Take Me Down to the Hospital design, just because that faux-distressed look has become so strongly associated with shitty Urban-Outfitters-style faux vintage.
Also, the perpendicular text on the Midnight Special (shoutout to Leadbelly?) one looks "wrong" to me, but not being educated in "design", I can't really articulate why.
But yeah, those are rad shirts, and definitely fall into the category of things I could see myself owning.



edit:  oh yeah, i'm 1337
Title: Who would BUY these?
Post by: jough on December 13, 2004, 05:54:26 pm
You're all far too "indie" for me.
Title: Who would BUY these?
Post by: Nabubrush on December 16, 2004, 06:20:38 pm
I would not buy any of those if they were in a store, but not necessarily because of the design. I'm just pretty picky when it comes to buying things in a store. Having said that, I would probably buy something from you, because we are both part of this community. On top of that, I would think about the hospital one, but I sort of don't like the design so much - if it were different I probably would. This means for you other designers/marketers of stuff - I might buy your things. I have disposable income (not enough to buy one of Chris' paintings dammit) and I like to share it with people I like for things I like. I'm done now.