The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: cellardoor on December 14, 2004, 01:09:22 pm

Title: Blogs 14th - 21st
Post by: cellardoor on December 14, 2004, 01:09:22 pm
Ha! Loving Chris' observation about needless conversation.
I get that all the time, women telling me about their boyfriends etc.
Maybe I look like I need to be put off? (Tongue hanging out, drooling)
And Teodor's observation about handlebar tattoos on pornstars was great.
It's funny 'cause it's true!
Title: Blogs 14th - 21st
Post by: Mantonio on December 18, 2004, 04:39:49 pm
Screw you Pat! Go sit on a canary. You KNOW you'd be good at it!
Title: Blogs 14th - 21st
Post by: CortJstr on December 20, 2004, 03:19:37 am
Not tattoos and red hair! After reading Philippe's blog today I need to sit down with a glass of water and a bible.
Title: Blogs 14th - 21st
Post by: andalucia on December 20, 2004, 01:51:28 pm
"I guess the girl's parents had already passed away."
=brilliant.

I am concerned about these neighbours showing up in the strip.  The concept of alive stuffed animal porn worries me.
Title: Blogs 14th - 21st
Post by: Bozack on December 20, 2004, 02:41:33 pm
Hahahah, Pat is the biggest asshole IN THE WORLD!
Title: Blogs 14th - 21st
Post by: Mantonio on December 21, 2004, 05:38:15 am
Little Nephew learned a valuable life lesson today. The precise nature of said lesson I know not, but a lesson none the less.
Title: Blogs 14th - 21st
Post by: andalucia on December 21, 2004, 12:11:52 pm
Man, I used to wear a fedora and Converse high tops and probably would have owned a trench coat if they came in girl-size.  Even though I steered way clear of Magic cards, this still worries me.
Title: Blogs 14th - 21st
Post by: Bozack on December 21, 2004, 03:17:14 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
Man, I used to wear a fedora and Converse high tops and probably would have owned a trench coat if they came in girl-size.  Even though I steered way clear of Magic cards, this still worries me.


I just recently put white laces in my all-black Converse hi-tops, because I was afraid they looked too much like combat boots. I had just shaved my head, so I was kinda hypersensitive, I suppose.
For some bizarre reason, the Taco Bell a few blocks from me is the unofficial Magic: The Gathering hang-out. My roomates and I tend to stop by really late at night for hella Grilled Stuft action, and we've gone maybe 4 times or so and found either Jazz students from our school or just random dudes sitting around, all little card-boxes and tiny mats. This inspired two of my roomates to bring their decks back with them from Thanksgiving break.
Basically, what I'm saying is, I have an Awesome room.
Title: Blogs 14th - 21st
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 22, 2004, 03:08:06 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "andalucia"
Man, I used to wear a fedora and Converse high tops and probably would have owned a trench coat if they came in girl-size.  Even though I steered way clear of Magic cards, this still worries me.


I just recently put white laces in my all-black Converse hi-tops, because I was afraid they looked too much like combat boots. I had just shaved my head, so I was kinda hypersensitive, I suppose.
For some bizarre reason, the Taco Bell a few blocks from me is the unofficial Magic: The Gathering hang-out. My roomates and I tend to stop by really late at night for hella Grilled Stuft action, and we've gone maybe 4 times or so and found either Jazz students from our school or just random dudes sitting around, all little card-boxes and tiny mats. This inspired two of my roomates to bring their decks back with them from Thanksgiving break.
Basically, what I'm saying is, I have an Awesome room.


I thought white laces in black shoes was a white power thing ....
Title: Blogs 14th - 21st
Post by: arkabee on December 22, 2004, 04:29:14 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

I thought white laces in black shoes was a white power thing ....


i am aware of skinhead connotations to such a fashion statement,
but i have white laces for my black boots (well, they use to be white, now they are dirty) and did not do so for any political reasons, i simply liked white laces.

i also vaguley remember some correspondence to the hardcore "scene" as it were to such footwear accessorizing.

i also vaguely remember taking the amtrack to chicago and speaking with a skinhead who was mullato explaining that "Real Skinheads" are not racist, but actively work to counter racism, giving anecdotes involving a kkk rally in chicago and his group of youths running amuk amongst them and tearing off their hoods to expose the pasty faced peoples underneath.

of course, every other thing i've ever heard about or involving "skin head" has always been associated with racism.

sometimes i think one must determine if it is simply better to cut the losses and give up a sub-cultural identity to the "enemy" and start anew.  of course, it sucks for the sub-cultural identity.  of course, there's definite good that can come from fighting to take a cultural identity "back" as it were.

it's icy today.
Title: Blogs 14th - 21st
Post by: jough on December 22, 2004, 06:27:27 pm
Aren't skinheads of all sects a little ridiculous, though?  I mean, skinheads are silly people, aren't they?

I think there were the regular racist skinheads who somehow felt that the Nazis were their kind of people (nevermind that most of these people were Christians and would have thus been slaughtered by Hiter's Nazis along with the Jews) and then there were the even more ridiculous "anti-racist" skinheads.  

The only difference between the two hate groups was that one wore white laces, the other red, and the former group hated Jews and Black People, while the latter hated people who hated Jews and Black People.

My high school kind of sucked.
Title: Blogs 14th - 21st
Post by: Bozack on December 22, 2004, 09:14:23 pm
God DAMMIT. I changed my laces so I wouldn't appear to be a skinhead, and managed to look more like a skinhead. SHIT.
Thank god my hair's growing back.
Title: Blogs 14th - 21st
Post by: jough on December 22, 2004, 10:39:11 pm
Isn't today the 22nd?
Title: Blogs 14th - 21st
Post by: AugustWest on December 23, 2004, 12:17:10 am
Quote from: "jough"
Isn't today the 22nd?


Is your "New Topic" button broken?
Title: Blogs 14th - 21st
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 23, 2004, 12:22:41 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "jough"
Isn't today the 22nd?


Is your "New Topic" button broken?


I got a mailing from plagiarist and it said it was from the 23rd (+0000). For whatever reason the server is set to Greenwich Mean Time, so it's tomorrow in Greenwich.
Title: Blogs 14th - 21st
Post by: jough on December 23, 2004, 01:00:46 am
I always set my servers to GMT - that way I don't have to worry about the time zone being where I am, where the server is, etc.  They're all the same, no matter if my server is in Dallas (where the Plagiarist.com server is) or in London.

Anyway, I am not the moderator of this forum.  It really is not my job to make a new topic for the new week of blogs (which, really, should start on a Monday, no?).
Title: Blogs 14th - 21st
Post by: Nabubrush on December 23, 2004, 01:11:54 am
You started this one (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=1505). And I think it's everybody's job to start threads, isn't it?