The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: andalucia on December 14, 2004, 03:19:30 pm

Title: Is this you?
Post by: andalucia on December 14, 2004, 03:19:30 pm
I was checking out our group stats on Audioscrobbler and found that this fellow (http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/reigunred/) is seeking admittance to our little clique
 (http://www.audioscrobbler.com/group/Underground%2BVinyl/members) there.

Who are you?
Title: Is this you?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 14, 2004, 03:43:33 pm
That's not me, but I'm wondering why there are two groups, "Achewood" and "Underground Vinyl."  I am a member of the latter but not the former.
Title: Is this you?
Post by: CortJstr on December 14, 2004, 04:20:08 pm
I know of him. He started the Achewood group, has a Pat shooting Mr. Bear avatar, and is in the Northern Virginia group. He told me (in the NoVa forum) that he was a lurker here.

Apparently he started the Achewood group after seeing a few people with Achewood avatars not realized that Underground Vinyl had anything to do with it. I admit that I don't get the name either.
Title: Is this you?
Post by: andalucia on December 14, 2004, 04:39:48 pm
Ok, neat.
Well, I made his Christmas wish come true and added him to the group.
Title: Is this you?
Post by: St_Zartan on December 14, 2004, 08:47:05 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Apparently he started the Achewood group after seeing a few people with Achewood avatars not realized that Underground Vinyl had anything to do with it. I admit that I don't get the name either.


Yeah, it threw me too, at first. Then I realized that it is a possible name for a record store, in the Underground (see aborted "Achewood Primer (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10102003)"). The "Vinyl" means that it is a cool record store, where John Cusack might make mixtapes and hit people with rotary telephones.