The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on December 14, 2004, 05:51:54 pm

Title: New Painting: Trouble Man and No-No
Post by: jough on December 14, 2004, 05:51:54 pm
Onstad has a link to a new painting up for auction, but the link he provided brings up this message:

Quote
Invalid Item
This listing (3769727735) has been removed by eBay. Make sure that you've entered the item number correctly.
Please consider this listing and transaction as cancelled. If anybody contacts you to complete the sale, please ignore the request. Completing the sale outside of eBay may be unsafe and will not be covered by eBay purchase protection programs.


Strange.  I wonder what could have been in the painting to violate eBay's policies.
Title: New Painting: Trouble Man and No-No
Post by: AugustWest on December 14, 2004, 06:34:20 pm
Maybe it was a typo.  

Or a picture of Pat.
Title: New Painting: Trouble Man and No-No
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 14, 2004, 06:59:24 pm
Perhaps hog-fluffing was involved.
Title: New Painting: Trouble Man and No-No
Post by: arlucasinc on December 14, 2004, 07:01:59 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Maybe it was a typo.


If you look at all items listed for Onstad, there are none. So I'm thinking the link itself wasn't a typo. Maybe it was a picture of a straight up roasted ding dong.
Title: New Painting: Trouble Man and No-No
Post by: Turbo Ninja on December 14, 2004, 07:35:32 pm
It's up now.  Trouble Man and No-No, all from the "All souls did burn" strip.

It's 18" x 24" and bidding starts at $10.  Or it did before I put in the first bid.

[EDIT: It may have come up as "removed" because it wasn't open yet for bids.  Ain't no dongs to be seen.]
Title: New Painting: Trouble Man and No-No
Post by: slink on December 14, 2004, 07:41:32 pm
Dyamn! I want.
That was one of my favourite ever images from Achewood. I just loved the weirdness and the composition.

Plus, I love the texture to the painting.
Title: New Painting: Trouble Man and No-No
Post by: Chris Onstad on December 14, 2004, 07:54:47 pm
Sorry, the auction didn't go "live" until 11:30 am, and the link, while perfectly functional in my browser, was apparently unusable to other browsers until the auction actually started. THANK YOU EBAY
Title: New Painting: Trouble Man and No-No
Post by: jough on December 14, 2004, 09:58:14 pm
Wow, that looks great, Chris.  This is by far my favourite of your paintings so far.

Of course, I'm sure the bidding will soar much higher than I am able to bid, but I hope these are profitable for you.  For the work you must have put into this one the hourly rate has to be less than the others - but who knows - the bidding could go to $10,000 and make it a healthy profit for you.

THAT IS THE MAGIC OF EBAY
Title: New Painting: Trouble Man and No-No
Post by: AugustWest on December 14, 2004, 10:06:08 pm
It's the Magic Christmas Hat!  It's resurrected Nice Jough!  AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! Run for your lives!
Title: New Painting: Trouble Man and No-No
Post by: jough on December 15, 2004, 03:48:40 am
AND GOD BLESS US, EVERYONE!
Title: New Painting: Trouble Man and No-No
Post by: Limmo on December 15, 2004, 04:32:36 am
Nice guitar.