The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: AugustWest on December 14, 2004, 10:04:32 pm

Title: Cartoon Skeletons
Post by: AugustWest on December 14, 2004, 10:04:32 pm
Strange.  Very strange. (http://www.michaelpaulus.com/gallery/character-Skeletons)  Betty Boop is downright scary.
Title: Cartoon Skeletons
Post by: andalucia on December 14, 2004, 10:31:13 pm
Yeah, I saw this on I think BoingBoing.  
Scary, and extremely rad.  I particularly liked the grotesque Pikachu.
Title: Cartoon Skeletons
Post by: St_Zartan on December 14, 2004, 10:59:17 pm
I saw this, too - I really like it, especially the handwriting at the bottom, and the fact that there are color translucent overlays. Also that everyone gets teeth. I would have liked to have seen that creepy custardy glowing thing from The Herculoids, but hey.

My first thought, though, was that Mad Magazine did this years ago, although if I remember correctly, it was just the skulls of comic strip characters, and attached phrenological interpretation (e.g. Beetle Bailey is lazy. ZING). I've probably got it stuffed away somewhere in one of those "Super Specials"; you know it's old school because they included fossils (har) like Steve Canyon (http://www.toonopedia.com/canyon.htm) and Henry (http://www.toonopedia.com/henry.htm). Anyone remember that / anything similar?
Title: Cartoon Skeletons
Post by: slink on December 14, 2004, 11:02:59 pm
Also caught this on Boing Boing (which I used to read on occasion back in it's print days). I currently have the first Charlie Brown one on my desktop.
Marvin the Martian might be my favourite though.
Title: Cartoon Skeletons
Post by: CortJstr on December 15, 2004, 12:02:39 am
Assuming Marvin has a skeleton as we know it. And how does he get his shoes on if his foot is basically a hoof?
Title: Cartoon Skeletons
Post by: AugustWest on December 15, 2004, 03:08:02 am
So, do Lyle, Teodor and Mr. Bear have skeletons?  Obviously the cats do...
Title: Cartoon Skeletons
Post by: andalucia on December 15, 2004, 02:10:01 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
So, do Lyle, Teodor and Mr. Bear have skeletons?  Obviously the cats do...


You mean you're not horrified by the idea of stuffed animals with skeletons?
Title: Cartoon Skeletons
Post by: AugustWest on December 15, 2004, 02:43:49 pm
But they're alive, walking and talking stuffed animals.  I think it's a question of structural stability.
Title: Cartoon Skeletons
Post by: Nabubrush on December 16, 2004, 07:21:51 pm
Oh yeah? These are right here in town, right now!

I might just go buy one - how about that, Mr. Smart Guy?
Title: Cartoon Skeletons
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on December 22, 2004, 08:56:36 pm
I'm pretty darn sure Shmoos (http://michaelpaulus.com/gallery/character-Skeletons/Shmoo_site) were supposed to be boneless.
Title: Cartoon Skeletons
Post by: Nabubrush on December 22, 2004, 09:53:34 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Oh yeah? These are right here in town, right now!

I might just go buy one - how about that, Mr. Smart Guy?


I didn't go. I suck.