The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: linnea on December 17, 2004, 07:29:44 pm

Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: linnea on December 17, 2004, 07:29:44 pm
Oh man. This is so awesome.

I will post pictures of me in my garments when they arrive.

http://neighborhoodies.com

I'm getting a hoodie with "East Denver" on it, and a shirt that says, "sicilian girls: the best in the world".

I am all about giving money to Onstad, of course, so I hope to buy one of his "Here Comes A Special Girl" hoodies.Bbut it would be awesome to make my own shirt with my favorite sayings on them.

I am all about brainstorming ideas now.

My next teeshirt will say "lennybruce and milan" (my cats)
"Lenny Bruce Is Not Afraid"
"Scottish Fold Army"

I also want to make shirts with my favorite places on them, much in the same vein as my "East Denver" hoodie.  Names of mountains here on the island, such as "Ballyhoooo" or "Makushin Volcano Preliminary Hazard Assessment" or "Alaska Volcano Observatory" would rock.

After I do my trek to Chernofski, I am going to get a shirt that says:
"Chernofski Backpacking Expedition: 110 miles, 10 days"

"<3 cropduster <3" (a reference to my IRC friends with the less-than-three-heart-symbol)

What shirts would you guys get??  Post your ideas here.
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: CortJstr on December 17, 2004, 08:36:34 pm
My god can beat up your god.
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: andalucia on December 17, 2004, 10:43:58 pm
I'm not near classy enough for any of this stuff, but I frequently make myself poorly hand-sewn shirts with things stencilled on them.  Therefore, a lot of my garments have JFK on them.  
If I got a shirt from here, though, it would probably say "Hello, 20-15!", my favourite enigmatic Sonic Youth catchphrase.
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: Ben-San on December 17, 2004, 11:11:30 pm
As a longtime comic-book geek I am strongly tempted to get one with "FAIR PLAY" written in big old letters across the chest.
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: V-Adore on December 18, 2004, 12:31:48 am
Quote from: "Ben-San"
As a longtime comic-book geek I am strongly tempted to get one with "FAIR PLAY" written in big old letters across the chest.

Dude, do it. Best shirt ever.

I think all of my ideas, sadly, would also be dork references -- I'm particularly thinking of "ZOMBIES MAKE THE BEST ACID" here. Or possibly "NO SLEEP 'TIL FROGTOWN."
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: Va on December 18, 2004, 03:18:48 pm
A friend once made me a t-shirt that said "I WANT TO BE YOUR MOTHER".  Just good old fashioned Sharpie on a white Hanes undershirt.

If anyone here was ever in the military or around military people, then you know what BCGs are.  This dude was so cool he looked cool in his BCGs.
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 20, 2004, 02:25:51 am
"DON'T PANIC"

But these will probably be available soon since the HHGTG movie is on the way.
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: Choop on December 20, 2004, 04:23:28 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
"DON'T PANIC"

But these will probably be available soon since the HHGTG movie is on the way.


Fuckin' A. I'll buy one.


Of course, I may end up owning an Onstad painting before next year is up.
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: V-Adore on December 20, 2004, 04:31:17 am
Apropos of nothing -- hey, Choop!
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: JorgeFabregas on January 28, 2005, 10:46:25 pm
(http://Somebody nice.typepad.com/kittyloaf.gif)
Watch this and listen to the 5:30 mark of Blood Embrace on Bonnie Prince Billy and Matt Sweeney's Superwolf album. It's indescribable.
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: Bozack on January 30, 2005, 03:38:48 am
Is that album good?
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: JorgeFabregas on January 30, 2005, 10:25:56 pm
Yes, yes I do believe it is.
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: miles on January 31, 2005, 11:30:40 pm
Seconded.  Just picked up a copy on the way home from school.  Really good.
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: linnea on February 01, 2005, 01:36:47 am
Hey, everyone.  Just a heads-up. The neighborhoodies thing is bullshit. I still haven't received my items, which I ordered on December 16th. Numerous emails to their office have resulted in nada. They are a bunch of jackasses and order crap from them at your own risk. Dammit. God dammit. There goes a hundred bucks that I could have spent on groceries or my utility bill.  So yeah, six weeks and it's still not here.
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: Golfhaus on February 01, 2005, 02:24:51 am
Bastards.

On the other hand, that cat-bread thing STILL kinda freaks me out a little.
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: jay-ell on February 01, 2005, 04:19:38 pm
Pedro ordered me under##### from Neighborhoodies for our anniversary that say "Little Mama" across the back and they are good quality panties that I look very much forward to wearing again when my butt shrinks back down to the point where it only spans one zip code.  Since the panties were a surprise I'm not sure how the service was but I know he ordered the latest book from Onstad at the same time (also a surprise anniversary gift), and the panties arrived nearly a month before our Achewood order did.  

You can ask Pedro about the details.
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: arkabee on February 01, 2005, 05:07:24 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"

You can ask Pedro about the details.


viva la panties?
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: St_Zartan on February 01, 2005, 05:38:16 pm
Those Neighborhoodies ads make me want to flay a hipster's tender white back into bloody ribbons with his own studded belt, so I am not surprised that Somebody nice is currently down ~$100 w/ zero contact. It is as though Nathan Barley got a "10,000 Free Fonts" CD-ROM from Half Price Books and unlimited access to Daddy's silkscreening shop. Maybe one day, they'll have a gallery opening: "Looking Disinterested at Something Off-Panel: 2004-2007", and the mystery of straight-up retarded shit like "FOXKILLA" will gingerly open up to us, finally, like a moist, tentative bud.

Also, we all expect scans from Pedro's super sekrit diary, with attached receipts, in re the Surprise Panties. Too much information, around here, is just getting warmed up.
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: jough on February 01, 2005, 07:11:29 pm
So what, we're supposed to ask Pedro for details about his wife's panties?

And you're okay with this?
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: linnea on February 01, 2005, 07:15:50 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Those Neighborhoodies ads make me want to flay a hipster's tender white back into bloody ribbons with his own studded belt, so I am not surprised that Somebody nice is currently down ~$100 w/ zero contact. It is as though Nathan Barley got a "10,000 Free Fonts" CD-ROM from Half Price Books and unlimited access to Daddy's silkscreening shop. Maybe one day, they'll have a gallery opening: "Looking Disinterested at Something Off-Panel: 2004-2007", and the mystery of straight-up retarded shit like "FOXKILLA" will gingerly open up to us, finally, like a moist, tentative bud.

Also, we all expect scans from Pedro's super sekrit diary, with attached receipts, in re the Surprise Panties. Too much information, around here, is just getting warmed up.


I second that. Dammit, I should have been smarter. What's that saying about "a fool and his money are soon parted?" Dammit.

I could not agree with you more about the girl with tragically bloated under-eye circles and the ridiculous foxkilla shirt. Thank you, zar, for telling it like it is.  

I was going to make a joke about "Pedro Surprise Panties", but that just sounds like something that came out of The Crying Game. I will now hang my head in shame.

ANYWAY...regarding my avatar, isn't the kittyloaf thing awesome? I found it and decided that it would be perfect.
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: Ben-San on February 01, 2005, 09:01:22 pm
The cat bread alarms me. I am disturbed by an intersection between "delicious things that come out of the oven" and "cute things that demand to be scratched between the ears", and the cat bread is clearly both.
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: Golfhaus on February 01, 2005, 09:48:39 pm
Lately, to amuse myself sitting here alone in the condo in between girlfriend visits, I've taken to making a high-pitched "meowmeowmeow" sound while watching the animation.

The jury's still out on whether this makes the cat-bread less creepy, or more so.
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: Limmo on February 01, 2005, 10:38:21 pm
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
The jury's still out on whether this makes the cat-bread less creepy, or more so.


Really? Seems to me like the jury's already come back in, read the verdict and gone home.
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 02, 2005, 02:04:26 am
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Lately, to amuse myself sitting here alone in the condo in between girlfriend visits, I've taken to making a high-pitched "meowmeowmeow" sound while watching the animation.

The jury's still out on whether this makes the cat-bread less creepy, or more so.


How many girlfriends you got visiting? Because scheduling is critical when your working that scene. That and adequate laundering of clothes, towels, sheets, etc....'Cause chicks, you know, they are like wolves when it comes to sensing rivals. Except it's your throat she'll rip out.
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: Golfhaus on February 02, 2005, 05:26:57 am
Oh no no no, it's multiple visits from the one girlfriend. Not going anywhere near that. Even if you ignore the whole this-is-the-one-i'm-gonna-marry bit, there's no way I'd be smart enough to do that successfully. Like Chris Rock said, "an affair takes planning. You have to be precise. A man can't do that shit. Only a woman can pull that off."
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 02, 2005, 07:19:54 am
He would be absolutely correct. It was actually facetious post, if tempered by some personal experience.
Title: God, FUCK those Neighborhoodies fucks!
Post by: linnea on February 10, 2005, 10:19:03 pm
I just wanted to post that it's February tenth and my order is STILL not here. I sent a letter to the head indie jerk that I've been corresponding with asking for contact information for the owner and general manager. Talk about eight weeks of BULLSHIT. They sent me an email on February 3rd saying that the order had shipped via Priority Mail.  If I made a gigantic seven-week mistake on a customer's order, I would have shipped it Express Mail and given at least a partial refund. Even something like a gift certificate would have been appropriate.  Talk about rude. They're never getting another fuck*ng penny of  mine. What assholes.
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: pmcd9 on February 11, 2005, 02:09:43 am
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
I've taken to making a high-pitched "meowmeowmeow" sound while watching the animation.



Dammit, now i'm doing it.

Meow Meow Meow blink blink Meow Meow Meow....

~Paul
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: AugustWest on February 11, 2005, 03:00:46 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
I've taken to making a high-pitched "meowmeowmeow" sound while watching the animation.



Dammit, now i'm doing it.

Meow Meow Meow blink blink Meow Meow Meow....

~Paul


DAMMIT!!!!
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: slink on February 11, 2005, 03:13:25 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"


Meow Meow Meow blink blink Meow Meow Meow....

~Paul


I read that as the burning cat in Mr Rogers toytown in Family Guy, when Stewie goes on a rampage.
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: Golfhaus on February 11, 2005, 04:41:16 am
I'm glad it's not just me meowmeowmeowing at my computer screen anymore.

Although if I ever do it absentmindedly while I have someone at the condo, my life WILL be ruined.
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: miles on February 11, 2005, 05:40:32 am
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Those Neighborhoodies ads make me want to flay a hipster's tender white back into bloody ribbons with his own studded belt...


I want to do that particularly to the guy on Pitchfork who is wearing the "Will Rap for Bling" shirt.  Is that supposed to be clever?

And that "Elitist" girl...

Boo to her.

They need to come up with better shit for the ads.
Title: a hoodie of one's own
Post by: Golfhaus on February 11, 2005, 04:59:43 pm
Judging from the sound of it, they should probably beef up the customer service first, THEN worry about the ads.