The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: yahnai on December 21, 2004, 10:56:43 am

Title: Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
Post by: yahnai on December 21, 2004, 10:56:43 am
Sign me up, damnit!  I hope they'll be affordable.  I am afraid that people bidding up those paintings Onstad doodles while he watches the Food Network might give him an inflated ego.

Onstad:  can you make these the people's posters in price?  If I can swing the cash, I'll even get a cheap Ikea frame from Emeryville store for it.  No thumb-tack holes.  And maybe buy a pint glass for my buddy.
Title: Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
Post by: andalucia on December 21, 2004, 12:13:28 pm
Oh man.
That is just seven kinds of crazy awesome.
Title: Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
Post by: sjlimmer on December 21, 2004, 03:42:52 pm
Agreed.  This is a must have, assuming they aren't like a bajillion dollars each.
Title: Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
Post by: jough on December 21, 2004, 04:30:36 pm
Well, it says they'll be a "Limited Edition" - but of course that could mean that he only printes a limit of 5.7 million of them.
Title: Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
Post by: Nabubrush on December 21, 2004, 09:55:38 pm
Indeed, they might be limited to the number of people who are willing to pay money for them. Or limited to the number of people who bought the original art. That'd be fun - a little bonus for those who were willing to pay several hundred dollars on ebay.

Also, I liked the Vespa commision.
Title: Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
Post by: yahnai on January 26, 2005, 04:02:59 am
The #1 ended up going for a little over a hundred, and the #'s 2 and 3 a little over fifty or sixty?  What do you suppose the price points for 4 to 50 are going to be?
Title: Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
Post by: jough on January 26, 2005, 04:10:14 am
They'll decrease in value until #50, which will be the highest priced one yet.  Everyone wants either the first or last of a series.
Title: Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
Post by: yahnai on January 26, 2005, 09:44:52 am
Bah!  And I _JUST_ got a new job, that sadly doesn't pay very well.  How am I supposed to pay off my weighty debts and purchase internet crap that I can't afford?  I just know I'll buy pint glasses if I buy a poster.
Title: Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
Post by: keef on February 01, 2005, 08:28:40 pm
Yeah, I ordered one.  And while I was there, I ordered a couple pint glasses.  I couldn't help myself.
Title: Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
Post by: Chris Onstad on February 01, 2005, 11:45:34 pm
Thank you Keef, that is much appreciated of you by me. The pint glasses are sturdy and fun to drink from. I hope you have fun enjoying alcohol from this vessel.

It looks like this set of prints will sell out in just under 30 hours. I am working on a way to adapt the design to 2-color for a future run. The blue ink will be for first-run only, and subsequent runs may have like a red/black combo.
Title: Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
Post by: acoxcae on February 02, 2005, 01:45:09 am
Oh man, 2-color?  With the first on the way, I may have to make a Warhol-esque series of these on the wall of my study.  Also, I may have to get a study.

acoxcae
Title: Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
Post by: yahnai on February 02, 2005, 05:14:46 am
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
It looks like this set of prints will sell out in just under 30 hours. I am working on a way to adapt the design to 2-color for a future run. The blue ink will be for first-run only, and subsequent runs may have like a red/black combo.


Congrats, dude!  $1600-ish bucks in 30 hours.  That's $53/hr.  About as much as my old roommate made working as a nurse in Walnut Creek.  But who wants to drive over a bridge to deliver Republican babies, anyway.

I'm glad you're reprinting them, because I was offline while they were on sale.  Red and black sounds kind of gaudy, but I'm sure you'll make it work.  You're still going to use the 100# paper for the second run, right?
Title: Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
Post by: Chris Onstad on February 02, 2005, 07:25:53 am
Yeah, I'll always print them on 100# or equivalently "important-feeling" stock. I may also range into ecru, for those of you who really want your minds blown.
Title: Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
Post by: yahnai on February 12, 2005, 08:46:05 am
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Yeah, I'll always print them on 100# or equivalently "important-feeling" stock. I may also range into ecru, for those of you who really want your minds blown.


What serendipity.  I just got a new job, I have $29, and tomorrow afternoon when I'm sober I'm going to pick up a poster.  I got wasted a Murio's this evening.  Murio's is kind of like what's-'is-fuck's "nut shack" in Palo Alto, but it doesn't suck.  Thanks for the quality poster in my price range, Seņor Onstad.