The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: palm trees on December 21, 2004, 01:13:32 pm

Title: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
Post by: palm trees on December 21, 2004, 01:13:32 pm
did anyone else think this strip misfired slightly?
Title: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
Post by: cellardoor on December 21, 2004, 01:15:39 pm
Not a jot.
I love the fact that the boys have found a use for the manes after they couldn't get in touch with their inner-lions.
The 'sssip' of Beef's sealed it for me. Cool!
Title: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 21, 2004, 02:03:38 pm
Cornelius.... Dogg....

That alone was worth the price of admission.  The rest is gravy.
Title: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
Post by: CortJstr on December 21, 2004, 02:05:17 pm
They should keep their hands visible for Cornelius's sake.
Title: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
Post by: slink on December 21, 2004, 02:13:40 pm
I am loving the manes strips. Partly cos I really like the manes. Ray in a mane looks superfly.
Title: Re: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
Post by: St_Zartan on December 21, 2004, 02:27:02 pm
Quote from: "palm trees"
did anyone else think this strip misfired slightly?


Nope. In fact, I thought yesterday's was sort of a go-nowhere dud (although Bobby I. was right about the Ray / eBay subtext being funny) but today's, now, that's some good Achewood. I like Ray and Beef as a Unit, getting up to hijinx; this reminded me of the Pork Pie Hat Incident.
Title: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
Post by: sensate on December 21, 2004, 02:38:14 pm
It doesn't make sense to me unless Cornelius' gasp was feigned. In his head, he must have been thinking some refined, erudite version of "what a couple of knuckleheads." Oh, and he probably appreciates the attention.
Title: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
Post by: Bozack on December 21, 2004, 03:03:35 pm
I am very down with this. And the sorta whispered, italicized "We're just going to stay.....until the end of this scene...."
GOLD
Title: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on December 21, 2004, 03:25:53 pm
This is possibly the strip of the year, to my mind.
Title: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
Post by: jough on December 21, 2004, 04:32:44 pm
Strip of the year?  Whatever.

I liked Beef's sip but I guess I am not sure what the point of their prank was - that Mr. Bear would be frightened by their sudden strap-on manes?

I don't think Chris thought this one all the way through.
Title: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
Post by: Mantonio on December 21, 2004, 04:35:48 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Strip of the year?  Whatever.

I liked Beef's sip but I guess I am not sure what the point of their prank was - that Mr. Bear would be frightened by their sudden strap-on manes?


I think they were just split on green. I know if I was stoned the prank Ray and Beef pulled would seem like a capital idea.
Title: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
Post by: CortJstr on December 21, 2004, 04:55:00 pm
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "jough"
Strip of the year?  Whatever.

I liked Beef's sip but I guess I am not sure what the point of their prank was - that Mr. Bear would be frightened by their sudden strap-on manes?


I think they were just split on green. I know if I was stoned the prank Ray and Beef pulled would seem like a capital idea.

Wow, 187 Posts!
Title: Re: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
Post by: palm trees on December 21, 2004, 05:08:30 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "palm trees"
did anyone else think this strip misfired slightly?


Nope. In fact, I thought yesterday's was sort of a go-nowhere dud (although Bobby I. was right about the Ray / eBay subtext being funny) but today's, now, that's some good Achewood. I like Ray and Beef as a Unit, getting up to hijinx; this reminded me of the Pork Pie Hat Incident.


it is a poor man's pork pie hat incident, i opine, humbly.
Title: Re: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
Post by: AugustWest on December 21, 2004, 05:57:37 pm
Quote from: "palm trees"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "palm trees"
did anyone else think this strip misfired slightly?


Nope. In fact, I thought yesterday's was sort of a go-nowhere dud (although Bobby I. was right about the Ray / eBay subtext being funny) but today's, now, that's some good Achewood. I like Ray and Beef as a Unit, getting up to hijinx; this reminded me of the Pork Pie Hat Incident.


it is a poor man's pork pie hat incident, i opine, humbly.


I agree, although I do think the pork pie hat incident is far funnier given Pat's character development since that time.
Title: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
Post by: arkabee on December 21, 2004, 06:52:38 pm
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "jough"
Strip of the year?  Whatever.

I liked Beef's sip but I guess I am not sure what the point of their prank was - that Mr. Bear would be frightened by their sudden strap-on manes?


I think they were just split on green. I know if I was stoned the prank Ray and Beef pulled would seem like a capital idea.


indeed, possibly.

and even given no mind altering chemical imbalancement,

it is heartening to see ray and beef hanging out and being friends and having silly-assed fun happy good times.
Title: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
Post by: yahnai on December 22, 2004, 12:32:30 am
Quote from: "jough"
Strip of the year?  Whatever.

I liked Beef's sip but I guess I am not sure what the point of their prank was - that Mr. Bear would be frightened by their sudden strap-on manes?

I don't think Chris thought this one all the way through.


Is there going to do a strip of the year poll?  Accepting nominations?  Maybe keep it a choice of 10-20, tops?
Title: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
Post by: AugustWest on December 22, 2004, 12:35:13 am
Quote from: "yahnai"
Quote from: "jough"
Strip of the year?  Whatever.

I liked Beef's sip but I guess I am not sure what the point of their prank was - that Mr. Bear would be frightened by their sudden strap-on manes?

I don't think Chris thought this one all the way through.


Is there going to do a strip of the year poll?  Accepting nominations?  Maybe keep it a choice of 10-20, tops?
You got thread starting privileges, no?  

Knock yourself out!
Title: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
Post by: Mantonio on December 22, 2004, 01:40:46 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "jough"
Strip of the year?  Whatever.

I liked Beef's sip but I guess I am not sure what the point of their prank was - that Mr. Bear would be frightened by their sudden strap-on manes?


I think they were just split on green. I know if I was stoned the prank Ray and Beef pulled would seem like a capital idea.

Wow, 187 Posts!


Not anymore. ***** THAT!
Title: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
Post by: Nabubrush on December 22, 2004, 01:47:45 am
Quote from: "yahnai"
Quote from: "jough"
Strip of the year?  Whatever.

I liked Beef's sip but I guess I am not sure what the point of their prank was - that Mr. Bear would be frightened by their sudden strap-on manes?

I don't think Chris thought this one all the way through.


Is there going to do a strip of the year poll?  Accepting nominations?  Maybe keep it a choice of 10-20, tops?


Unfortunately, Paul is the official TOUAMB Diebold machine, (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=47) and he's rarely around these days.
Title: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 22, 2004, 03:06:08 am
Quote from: "jough"
Strip of the year?  Whatever.

I liked Beef's sip but I guess I am not sure what the point of their prank was - that Mr. Bear would be frightened by their sudden strap-on manes?

I don't think Chris thought this one all the way through.


For once, Jough and I agree. Also -- in the spirit of Jough's curmudgeonliness -- Chris Onstad beats his wife. (http://www.youtouchmytralala.com) (at Scandinavian music-video themed Flash games)
Title: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
Post by: JorgeFabregas on December 22, 2004, 04:01:17 am
This mane thing is working for me. Showing up at Cornelius' window is something my friends would've done in high school. Only it would be my window. This type of thing is not shocking, but very funny.
Title: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
Post by: Golfhaus on December 22, 2004, 06:59:29 am
It will probably be one of those strips that lets some people down a bit when they see it the day it's released, but new readers six months from now who are making their way through the archive will enjoy it as a part of the theme.