The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on December 22, 2004, 02:46:34 pm

Title: ZING! -- December 22, 2004
Post by: AugustWest on December 22, 2004, 02:46:34 pm
Ouch.  Ouch.  Ouch.

Good on you, Beef.  Further proof that there's a rapier wit beneath that sad sack exterior.
Title: Re: ZING! -- December 22, 2004
Post by: Mantonio on December 22, 2004, 02:58:52 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Ouch.  Ouch.  Ouch.

Good on you, Beef.  Further proof that there's a rapier wit beneath that sad sack exterior.


I'd like to seem him try that out on Lyle. No, scratch that - Beef doesn't need to meet Trouble Man and No-No again.
Title: ZING! -- December 22, 2004
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 22, 2004, 03:01:31 pm
"What has gotten into you two?"

The better part of a fifth of fig vodka, I'll reckon.
Title: ZING! -- December 22, 2004
Post by: CortJstr on December 22, 2004, 03:03:58 pm
That actually would make a pretty good book for Mr. Bear to write.

And I hope he waited until the end of the movie to get up and talk to them or some Spice viewers will be very angry and confused.
Title: ZING! -- December 22, 2004
Post by: wombat on December 22, 2004, 03:34:28 pm
But, um, tigers don't have manes like that.  Surely they are thinking of lions.  Or are they all that tragically out of touch with their heritage?
Title: ZING! -- December 22, 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 22, 2004, 03:40:55 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
But, um, tigers don't have manes like that.  Surely they are thinking of lions.  Or are they all that tragically out of touch with their heritage?


Also, to be blunt about it, the ancestral cat from which genus Panthera (big cats) and genus Felis diverged did not have manes. Manes are something that's unique to lions, and even differs between subspecies of lion.  A domestic cat never had an ancestor with a mane.

Then again, it's a comic and who am I to complain.

The conversation is evidence that Ray and Beef are a little tippled on something though, or at least hyped on the fact that they are wearing manes. Perhaps the manes do bring out one's inner lion -- but one's inner lion is a bit of an asshole (picture the asshole lion voiced by Adam Carolla)

Today's Finnish music video is a little dance hit inspired by Rocky IV entitled Fire. (http://www.tunne.net/fire.mpg) I figured with all the nostalgia running rampant people would appreciate Rocky IV.

Also for reasons unexplainable here is a news story about an exploding Zamboni. (http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5145823.html)
p.s. adam carolla is an asshole
Title: ZING! -- December 22, 2004
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on December 22, 2004, 05:26:49 pm
Is that 3 pound underwear £3 or 3 lbs? Or both?
Title: ZING! -- December 22, 2004
Post by: wombat on December 22, 2004, 05:37:08 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Also, to be blunt about it, the ancestral cat from which genus Panthera (big cats) and genus Felis diverged did not have manes. Manes are something that's unique to lions, and even differs between subspecies of lion.  A domestic cat never had an ancestor with a mane.


Yeah, yeah, but see, that's the saddest thing.  They are trying to get in touch with their roots and they are so far from them that they have no idea what their roots are, like how I don't know what town in Italy my grandparents came from.  It all makes sense now.
Title: ZING! -- December 22, 2004
Post by: jough on December 22, 2004, 06:17:59 pm
Well, "I am your mom taking you to school in the car of pain" is probably the weirdest zinger I've heard this week.

Wasn't there a similar line in the "Dodgeball" movie?  Are we getting an inner look at Onstad's Netflix queue?
Title: ZING! -- December 22, 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 22, 2004, 06:42:34 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Also, to be blunt about it, the ancestral cat from which genus Panthera (big cats) and genus Felis diverged did not have manes. Manes are something that's unique to lions, and even differs between subspecies of lion.  A domestic cat never had an ancestor with a mane.


Yeah, yeah, but see, that's the saddest thing.  They are trying to get in touch with their roots and they are so far from them that they have no idea what their roots are, like how I don't know what town in Italy my grandparents came from.  It all makes sense now.


A brilliant idea based on this involving Pat exiled from Achewood for shooting Beef, returning to the Serengeti, meeting and falling in love with a lioness named Apollonia, only to see her die tragically in a misfired assassination attempt involving a car starter, has formed.
Title: ZING! -- December 22, 2004
Post by: AugustWest on December 22, 2004, 07:27:32 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Today's Finnish music video is a little dance hit inspired by Rocky IV entitled Fire. (http://www.tunne.net/fire.mpg) I figured with all the nostalgia running rampant people would appreciate Rocky IV.


OK, how can you not like a song with a hook like,

"Your fiiiiiire,
gonna take you hiiiiigher,"

delivered utterly unironically.  How, I ask you, how?
Title: ZING! -- December 22, 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 22, 2004, 07:31:26 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Today's Finnish music video is a little dance hit inspired by Rocky IV entitled Fire. (http://www.tunne.net/fire.mpg) I figured with all the nostalgia running rampant people would appreciate Rocky IV.


OK, how can you not like a song with a hook like,

"Your fiiiiiire,
gonna take you hiiiiigher,"

delivered utterly unironically.  How, I ask you, how?


I absolutely love:

"I must break you!"

and then cut to the duelling turntables!
Title: ZING! -- December 22, 2004
Post by: jough on December 22, 2004, 07:56:25 pm
"I must break you." is one of those wonderful matter of fact statements and one of my favourite lines from any film in the 80s.  It's saying "I don't WANT to break you, I don't NEED to break you, yet I MUST."
Title: ZING! -- December 22, 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 22, 2004, 08:01:47 pm
Quote from: "jough"
"I must break you." is one of those wonderful matter of fact statements and one of my favourite lines from any film in the 80s.  It's saying "I don't WANT to break you, I don't NEED to break you, yet I MUST."


In Soviet Russia, must breaks YOU!
Title: ZING! -- December 22, 2004
Post by: AugustWest on December 22, 2004, 08:21:42 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "jough"
"I must break you." is one of those wonderful matter of fact statements and one of my favourite lines from any film in the 80s.  It's saying "I don't WANT to break you, I don't NEED to break you, yet I MUST."


In Soviet Russia, must breaks YOU!


Or if you're an elephant.
Title: ZING! -- December 22, 2004
Post by: doomglobe on December 22, 2004, 08:34:03 pm
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Is that 3 pound underwear £3 or 3 lbs? Or both?


it could really be either, judi dench is from england, but is also old. she could be wearing somewhat massive underwear.


I cannot imagine going to school in the car of pain. It is not something I can imagine.
Title: ZING! -- December 22, 2004
Post by: wombat on December 22, 2004, 09:06:54 pm
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Is that 3 pound underwear £3 or 3 lbs? Or both?


And if it's underwear that costs three pounds, is this implying that she is wearing fancy underwear or is it an insult?  Like, "Your mamma wears three pound underwear."

I refuse to look up the exchange rate to answer this question.  I have a life, dammit.  I'm sure I do, it's around here somewhere...
Title: ZING! -- December 22, 2004
Post by: AugustWest on December 22, 2004, 09:25:31 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Is that 3 pound underwear £3 or 3 lbs? Or both?


And if it's underwear that costs three pounds, is this implying that she is wearing fancy underwear or is it an insult?  Like, "Your mamma wears three pound underwear."

I refuse to look up the exchange rate to answer this question.  I have a life, dammit.  I'm sure I do, it's around here somewhere...


I took it to mean that her underwear weighed 3 pounds, i.e. was frumpy old lady underwear.
Title: ZING! -- December 22, 2004
Post by: CortJstr on December 22, 2004, 09:46:45 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Is that 3 pound underwear £3 or 3 lbs? Or both?

And if it's underwear that costs three pounds, is this implying that she is wearing fancy underwear or is it an insult?  Like, "Your mamma wears three pound underwear."

I refuse to look up the exchange rate to answer this question.  I have a life, dammit.  I'm sure I do, it's around here somewhere...

Last time I checked it was like $1.70:£1 or soemthing like that. But that's probably grossly out of date.
Title: ZING! -- December 22, 2004
Post by: wombat on December 22, 2004, 10:26:23 pm
Um, I am bad at estimating these things so I just went and weighed some underwear... Could even old lady underwear weigh three pounds?  It would have to be a whole corset or something, wouldn't it?

Quote from: "CortJstr"

Last time I checked it was like $1.70:£1 or soemthing like that. But that's probably grossly out of date.


So that's like six dollar underwear.  If we're just talking panties that isn't the dollar store but it's sure not fancy.  

Oh no, I'm talking about ladies' underwear with strange men on the Internet again.  My momma warned me this would happen.
Title: ZING! -- December 22, 2004
Post by: arkabee on December 22, 2004, 10:47:07 pm
Quote from: "wombat"

Oh no, I'm talking about ladies' underwear with strange men on the Internet again.  My momma warned me this would happen.


why do women's under##### cost so muchmore than men's under##### when they use so much less material?

what's up with that?

dear god, please get jerry seinfeld's shtick out of my head.
Title: ZING! -- December 22, 2004
Post by: cellardoor on December 23, 2004, 08:44:16 am
£3 is very cheap.
Underwear of this low, low price would likely be itchy and ungainly.
However I think Beef means 3lbs. That would be big old lady undercrackers.
These strips get better and betterer...
Title: ZING! -- December 22, 2004
Post by: jough on December 23, 2004, 07:53:22 pm
Another sale at Arby's?
Title: ZING! -- December 22, 2004
Post by: andalucia on December 23, 2004, 08:25:15 pm
Or, uh, that whole Christmas thing?