The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Mantonio on December 24, 2004, 05:11:31 am

Title: Birth of the Blog
Post by: Mantonio on December 24, 2004, 05:11:31 am
Turns out the term "Blog" is actually quite old (http://accordionguy.blogware.com/blog/_archives/2004/12/1/194225.html). I don't know if it's a forgery or not, but it sure is funny.
Title: Birth of the Blog
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 24, 2004, 08:04:37 am
And here I thought it was the log you made during a blumpkin. Shows what I know.
Title: Birth of the Blog
Post by: Nabubrush on December 24, 2004, 06:41:56 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
And here I thought it was the log you made during a blumpkin. Shows what I know.


It does show what you know, and you ought to be ashamed of yourself. And on Christmas Eve, too.
Title: Birth of the Blog
Post by: Mantonio on December 24, 2004, 06:51:17 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
And here I thought it was the log you made during a blumpkin. Shows what I know.


Well, for all we know, "Blog" may have got his name because he was always telling the ladies in the tribe he needed blumpkin. That would also explain why he was a bachelor.
Title: Birth of the Blog
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 24, 2004, 09:32:49 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
And here I thought it was the log you made during a blumpkin. Shows what I know.


It does show what you know, and you ought to be ashamed of yourself. And on Christmas Eve, too.


But it's my birthday!
Title: Birth of the Blog
Post by: Nabubrush on December 24, 2004, 09:38:38 pm
Really? Well hell, man, happy damn birthday, anyhoo! Congratulations, salutations, and so forth.
Title: Birth of the Blog
Post by: Mantonio on December 24, 2004, 11:23:31 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
But it's my birthday!


So was it difficult growing up having your birthday fall on the day after Festivus?
Title: Birth of the Blog
Post by: wombat on December 24, 2004, 11:29:40 pm
Happy birthday AlohaDawg!

You could pretend that it's nice of people to put up all those lights on their houses in honor of your birth.  But really, it must stink.  I was born in late January and even that's too close to Christmas.
Title: Birth of the Blog
Post by: AugustWest on December 25, 2004, 01:49:44 am
Happy
Birthday
Dawg!
Title: Birth of the Blog
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 25, 2004, 08:19:57 am
So for my birthday this year, as in many years, I have attended two church services. I'm Deacon tonight for the candlight service at 11:00.

As I type this, I realize that I'm too late with this but those of you with small kids, check out http://www.NoradSanta.org and remember it for next year. It's realy cute.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. It kind of stinks but at the same time it really kind of puts things in perspective for me too.

And yes, a birthday after the erecting of the pole, the feats of strength and the airing of the grievances has always been anticlimactic. Curse Festivus!
Title: Birth of the Blog
Post by: jough on December 25, 2004, 06:40:06 pm
Happy Birthday, AD.

I had a girlfriend whose birthday was also on Christmas Eve (she's no longer with us) and she always hated the holidays because she got no special treatment from her friends and family who were all wrapped up in Christmas.

This year I played Santa for a couple of hours on a live AOL chat with sick kids at Children's Hospital - it was a cheap publicity stunt that a friend of mine was coördinating for them and she asked me to volunteer to be santa for a few hours.  It was fun.  Kids are kids, sick or not.  And I tried to study-up on the hot toys before hand so that I knew what the hell the kids were talking about.  

Disco Elmo was by far the most requested toy.  Maybe because there was a guy in an Elmo suit there promoting the damn thing.

Anyway, it's as much christmas cheer as I could spread from my own office.
Title: Birth of the Blog
Post by: andalucia on December 26, 2004, 02:51:43 pm
Happy birthday, AD.  My birthday was two weeks ago, and yeah, it sucks to have to be competing for birthday attention with the baby Jesus.  
And jough, that's charming and funny.  Who knew Santa had AOL?