The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on December 27, 2004, 02:05:25 pm

Title: Schultz's Ladder - 12-27-2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 27, 2004, 02:05:25 pm
So twisted and hilarious I'm not even going to bother to find a Swedish video.

Wow.

Whisky. Tango. Foxtrot.

My theory is that Onstad heard that song "James Brown is Dead" and thought, "hmmm, Charlie Brown ... is Dead!"
Title: Schultz's Ladder - 12-27-2004
Post by: CortJstr on December 27, 2004, 02:11:24 pm
I couldn't believe it wasn't a dream. Or alcohol-induced halucination. Let's break this one down.

Tiny legs: awesom
Redhead girl reference: awesome
Egyptian emperor: awesome
Bad news to CB: extra awesome
Lack of traditional CB shirt: slightly confusing
Title: Schultz's Ladder - 12-27-2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 27, 2004, 02:31:03 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I couldn't believe it wasn't a dream. Or alcohol-induced halucination. Let's break this one down.

Tiny legs: awesom
Redhead girl reference: awesome
Egyptian emperor: awesome
Bad news to CB: extra awesome
Lack of traditional CB shirt: slightly confusing


This is so terrifying, I present to you Merry Christmas, R2-D2 (http://mike.13th-floor.org/christmas.mp3). Please note that the lead male (?) vocal is in fact Jon Bon Jovi.
Title: Schultz's Ladder - 12-27-2004
Post by: wombat on December 27, 2004, 03:21:20 pm
What CJ said.
Title: Schultz's Ladder - 12-27-2004
Post by: Bozack on December 27, 2004, 04:21:20 pm
God, that was awesome.

Have legs like mine!
Title: Schultz's Ladder - 12-27-2004
Post by: Nabubrush on December 27, 2004, 05:06:42 pm
Time to trot out the tried and true:

"Good ol' Charlie Brown. How I hate him." (http://www.citypages.com/databank/25/1229/article12244.asp)

I guess you can't blame Ray for never knowing how things like that are supposed to go. I'd be clueless in that situation, too. I might just avoid the whole "telling a nine year old that they are dead" thing in the first place.
Title: Schultz's Ladder - 12-27-2004
Post by: AugustWest on December 27, 2004, 11:21:12 pm
Great thread title Bobby.

Great strip Chris!

Cf. The Marmaduke/Garfield/Cathy series -- is this strip an indicator of Onstad's greater respect and affection for Sparky?
Title: Schultz's Ladder - 12-27-2004
Post by: Steve Hogan on December 28, 2004, 01:35:50 pm
I like how Charlie Brown looks like Charlie Brown but also looks Achewoodish.  Sort of like he went through a faulty teleporter with Phillipe.
Title: Schultz's Ladder - 12-27-2004
Post by: CortJstr on December 28, 2004, 01:49:09 pm
Quote from: "Steve Hogan"
I like how Charlie Brown looks like Charlie Brown but also looks Achewoodish.  Sort of like he went through a faulty teleporter with Phillipe.

Kind of like a few years ago when the artists of a bunch of comics switched for April Fools so we had Dagwood-Garfield.
Title: Schultz's Ladder - 12-27-2004
Post by: AugustWest on December 28, 2004, 02:24:53 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Dagwood-Garfield.


That sounds like a sandwich with many different types of cats on it.  Or lasagnes.  Or something.
Title: Schultz's Ladder - 12-27-2004
Post by: ferocious j on January 04, 2005, 11:41:01 pm
What I'm wondering -- possibly because this was one of my all-time favorites -- is whether Achewood experienced a spike in activity on that date from people reloading it several times throughout the day, just to read it.  Didn't we talk about the same thing happening for the fluff my hog (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11122004) strip, or am I imagining things?
Title: Schultz's Ladder - 12-27-2004
Post by: jough on January 05, 2005, 01:40:11 am
I have converted at least a dozen people to Achewood with this strip.