The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: The Wonderous Me on August 13, 2003, 03:14:49 pm

Title: Classic (08-13-03)
Post by: The Wonderous Me on August 13, 2003, 03:14:49 pm
Even if you miss the "queer eye for the straight guy" crap reference, the comic still shows achewood form! Nice one.

Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08132003).
Title: Classic (8/13)
Post by: V-Adore on August 13, 2003, 06:22:50 pm
The idea of Weezer having a baby with an iMac is right up there with the best Achewood writing, IMHO -- pithy, quotable, and descriptive. Not likely to bump "my heart's explodin'! These knives!" off my most-quoted list, but damn useful.
Title: Classic (8/13)
Post by: jough on August 13, 2003, 07:40:36 pm
I like the subtle stuff, like the two panels of Ray *listening* to Beef talk on the phone.  How many other comics have such pacing and good comic timing?

Man, I can't wait for Onstad's first stab at a Flash movie...
Title: Classic (8/13)
Post by: jay-ell on August 13, 2003, 08:13:41 pm
For the love of nice Pete, people, please put dates in the subject lines of these kinds of things!  

Sheesh.  

Oh, yeah, also, today's comic was neat.
Title: Classic (8/13)
Post by: Choop on August 13, 2003, 08:47:56 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
For the love of nice Pete, people, please put dates in the subject lines of these kinds of things!


Agreed, or at least use the name of the comic strip as the title.
Title: Sheesh
Post by: The Wonderous Me on August 13, 2003, 08:54:46 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
For the love of nice Pete, people, please put dates in the subject lines of these kinds of things!  

Sheesh.  

Oh, yeah, also, today's comic was neat.


Well maybe I wanted my post to be eternal and just show my ongoing appreciation of the comic of the day EVERYDAY.?!? Besides I could be a time traveller and I might have been referring to a comic as yet unwritten/drawn in this dimension!
Title: Classic (8/13)
Post by: Capn on August 13, 2003, 08:55:35 pm
Today's comic gets funnier everytime I look at it.
Title: Classic (8/13)
Post by: pmcd9 on August 13, 2003, 10:57:27 pm
Show, what show?  Are they preparing Beef for a show?

Ray looks pretty buff, has he been working out?

~Paul
Title: Classic (8/13)
Post by: jough on August 14, 2003, 02:51:15 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Show, what show?  Are they preparing Beef for a show?


DUDE. <gives you a stern look>

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07282003

I mean, puh-leaze.
Title: imp
Post by: satchel on August 14, 2003, 08:32:41 pm
Ray and Téodor are good at providing a ‘queer’ eye...
Title: Re: imp
Post by: ferocious j on August 14, 2003, 08:39:59 pm
Quote from: "satchel"
Ray and Téodor are good at providing a ‘queer’ eye...

Which is kind of odd when you think about it, given that Ray's the furthest thing from gay we know of.  Téodor, on the other hand, might be at least a little.
Title: Classic (8/13)
Post by: V-Adore on August 14, 2003, 09:34:12 pm
To quote alt text I may be misremembering, this is supposed to be "Normal Eye For the Weird Guy," or something along those lines. So nobody's sexual orientation is in question -- well, beyond Teodor's, but his is always in question.

I'm not entirely sure I agree on the normalcy element, though. Even for the Underground, Ray and Vlad can't be entirely average.
Title: Classic (8/13)
Post by: pmcd9 on August 15, 2003, 06:33:43 am
Quote
<gives you a stern look>


Oh, so sorry.  I'm so embarrased.  Hey, that was almost three weeks ago, I have alzheimers you know.

~Paul
Title: Classic (8/13)
Post by: captainimpossibles on August 17, 2003, 04:05:05 am
LIES. People with alzheimers can't remember they have it, unless they get a tattoo on their hand reminding them every ten minutes. You do not have a tattooed hand.