The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: monkeybutter on December 30, 2004, 08:08:50 pm

Title: Picture thread
Post by: monkeybutter on December 30, 2004, 08:08:50 pm
I think we should have a photo thread of the members of this forum so we can see who the ugliest is... i think it will be jough, he's always so uptight, i bet he NEVER gets any....
C'mon man, post pics, don't be pussies...
I'll show you mine if you show me yours, i got nothing to worry about, i'm HOT!!
Lisa xxxx
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Bozack on December 30, 2004, 08:19:37 pm
Annnnnnd goat.se'd!
Title: Picture thread
Post by: AugustWest on December 30, 2004, 08:21:07 pm
I think this would be an opportune moment to mention that cats have barbed penes.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 30, 2004, 08:43:32 pm
Dear Ash:  Fuck you.

I really gotta look at the status bar before clicking things.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Turbo Ninja on December 30, 2004, 08:47:23 pm
(http://photos.friendster.com/photos/09/64/724690/3816137660562l.jpg)
Title: Picture thread
Post by: St_Zartan on December 30, 2004, 08:48:20 pm
Yeah, I try to stay in shape - light cardio, plenty of B-12, quick cold showers - you fellas know what it's like. (http://mywebpage.netscape.com/zartan00001/bonesteel-sm.jpg)
Title: Picture thread
Post by: jough on December 30, 2004, 08:49:53 pm
Isn't the person who posts a request for photos thread supposed to start off the thread with their own photo?

Anyway, o-unobservant-one, my photo is to the left of this post, as my avatar is a photo of me.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Nabubrush on December 30, 2004, 08:54:42 pm
Why do bad things happen to good people?

Also, Zart, I want to see that - why won't the internet let me?
Title: Picture thread
Post by: St_Zartan on December 30, 2004, 08:58:01 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Also, Zart, I want to see that - why won't the internet let me?


Netscape is an on-again, off-again little shit when it comes to image hosting. This is why I only occasionally have an avatar.

IS THAT VIRTUOUS???
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Nabubrush on December 30, 2004, 09:03:51 pm
Thank you, it worked now. For me, you will always be your avatar, just like JL, Jough, Asherdan and Wombat.



That is the danger of avatars, people!
Title: Picture thread
Post by: St_Zartan on December 30, 2004, 09:17:03 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
posters like monkeybutter


Which reminds me: what does sjlimmer (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=43) think of all this?
Title: Picture thread
Post by: sjlimmer on December 30, 2004, 11:08:03 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "Asherdan"
posters like monkeybutter


Which reminds me: what does sjlimmer (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=43) think of all this?


What did I do?

edit: And does anyone picture me as my avatar?
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Nabubrush on December 30, 2004, 11:53:58 pm
It's not anthropomorphic enough for me.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: St_Zartan on December 31, 2004, 12:54:12 am
Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "Asherdan"
posters like monkeybutter


Which reminds me: what does sjlimmer (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=43) think of all this?


What did I do?


Her name reminded me of your .sig - it's not exactly a Google Whack (I refuse to make that a single word), but in my work life and my general life I have only ever encountered the concept of "monkey butter" at the ends of your posts.

I guess you could make it, though, if you milked enough monkeys to fill a good-sized churn.

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
edit: And does anyone picture me as my avatar?


I can get behind the idea of an albino sea anemone at a keyboard.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: St_Zartan on December 31, 2004, 12:56:17 am
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Thank you, it worked now. For me, you will always be your avatar...


If you also hear Darren McGavin's voice as you read my posts, I will feel a mild glow of awesome for at least a couple of days.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Nabubrush on December 31, 2004, 12:59:05 am
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Thank you, it worked now. For me, you will always be your avatar...


If you also hear Darren McGavin's voice as you read my posts, I will feel a mild glow of awesome for at least a couple of days.


Oh, I do - but never more than here. (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=31089&highlight=#31089)
Title: Picture thread
Post by: monkeybutter on December 31, 2004, 01:08:05 am
gah, hate to admit but those photos are extremely cute, not really what i meant tho..
my name is a Something Positive reference, just so ya kno
xxx
Title: Picture thread
Post by: monkeybutter on December 31, 2004, 01:15:39 am
awww jough, just saw your photo on the other thread, sorry for making bad comments about you on this one, i didn't realise, i too would be grumpy if i were in your position
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Nabubrush on December 31, 2004, 01:15:44 am
Quote from: "monkeybutter"
gah, hate to admit but those photos are extremely cute, not really what i meant tho..
my name is a Something Positive reference, just so ya kno
xxx

Even Asher's (http://goat.cx/)?
Title: Picture thread
Post by: monkeybutter on December 31, 2004, 01:17:30 am
i didn't come on here til the other posts giving away the nature of this had been posted, so didn't click.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Nabubrush on December 31, 2004, 01:48:38 am
Quote from: "monkeybutter"
i didn't come on here til the other posts giving away the nature of this had been posted, so didn't click.

Some people think that's cute.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: St_Zartan on December 31, 2004, 02:33:18 am
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Some people think that's cute.


One person must have (http://www.google.com/search?q=goatse+%22wedding+ring%22&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8).
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Bozack on December 31, 2004, 04:11:35 am
This (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/Bozack/BTV_JPEG_003.jpg) is a picture of me, where most of my face is hidden by the cutest and stupidest puppy on Earth.

I do not look like my avatar.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: sjlimmer on December 31, 2004, 04:30:58 am
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "Asherdan"
posters like monkeybutter


Which reminds me: what does sjlimmer (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=43) think of all this?


What did I do?


Her name reminded me of your .sig - it's not exactly a Google Whack (I refuse to make that a single word), but in my work life and my general life I have only ever encountered the concept of "monkey butter" at the ends of your posts.

I guess you could make it, though, if you milked enough monkeys to fill a good-sized churn.

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
edit: And does anyone picture me as my avatar?


I can get behind the idea of an albino sea anemone at a keyboard.


In all honesty, Id forgotten about my .sig, it's been there for so long.  It's just a little pointless surrelaism I pulled from an Archie McPhee (http://www.mcphee.com) email (http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:McmG2BzqJ1IJ:www.mcvisuals.com/mb.htm+%22unrefrigerated+monkey+butter%22&hl=en) I got a long time ago.

Haven't we done the photo thing before (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=235&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)?  

My avatar is more an image of what I do (well, did in grad school, actually, I just haven't changed it yet) than a pic of me, but I'm glad it's seen as a pasty-white something.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: jough on December 31, 2004, 05:41:26 am
(http://stuff.ubersite.com/110123565318046511/1/uber.JPG)
Title: Picture thread
Post by: CortJstr on December 31, 2004, 05:45:10 am
I just combined the two pictures in my mind and the wrongness is astounding. I mean, how did he get the strawberries in there to stay so pristine?
Title: Picture thread
Post by: St_Zartan on December 31, 2004, 06:03:33 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I mean, how did he get the strawberries in there to stay so pristine?


He's a Promise Keeper.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: monkeybutter on December 31, 2004, 02:47:07 pm
awww looking back at the old picture thread someone linked at, chris is such a cutey!!! the only web comic artist i've seen a photo of who's not freak looking (thinkin mr millholland and jon *goats*)
And jough, why'd you just post pics of you as a kid?? i know you were a lot cuter back then but it's a bit of a cop out to be fair!
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Nabubrush on December 31, 2004, 02:51:28 pm
I'm just going to go ahead and live with having missed that.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: andalucia on December 31, 2004, 02:52:09 pm
Bozack, you and that puppy are both hell of cute.
Here's my ankle (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/baking/ankle.jpg), which four days ago started having the Chrysler building on it.  My sister bought me my first tattoo for a birthday present.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Bozack on December 31, 2004, 05:22:28 pm
Holy CRAP that is an awesome tattoo. Way to just totally piss all over all of my tattoo ideas. JESUS.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Nabubrush on December 31, 2004, 05:36:10 pm
As I always say, if you are going to get ink, try to avoid having the same tattoo as 100,000,000 other people.

No more Marvin the Martian, people.

I actually rarely articulate my perspective on tattoos, and what they should represent, but mine are both custom.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 01, 2005, 12:56:28 am
(http://fourcatsinabag.blogspot.com/Dawg2.gif)

I actually do look a lot like this picture now, except I don't have the little one yet.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 01, 2005, 01:21:39 am
(http://www.bigfool.com/mascots/moose.jpg)
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Nabubrush on January 01, 2005, 01:58:30 am
Nice antlers, Carlos.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Ben-San on January 01, 2005, 03:36:02 am
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/bensanaz/seenme.jpg)
Title: Picture thread
Post by: wombat on January 01, 2005, 03:45:04 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Nice antlers, Carlos.


You know what they say about a guy with big antlers...
Title: Picture thread
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 01, 2005, 09:08:40 pm
No one else posts til we get a picture of monkeybutt 'er  up in here.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: V-Adore on January 02, 2005, 02:04:12 am
Goddamn that is a quality puppy, Bozack. What I can see of your face isn't half bad, either.

I, personally, have no good pictures on the internet. Feel free to imagine me as my avatar if you'd prefer.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Bozack on January 02, 2005, 06:22:13 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Goddamn that is a quality puppy, Bozack. What I can see of your face isn't half bad, either.


The other half is horribly scarred, a la The Phantom of the Opera. I wear the puppy to mask my shame.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Limmo on January 03, 2005, 06:04:19 pm
Obligatory holiday photo of the kid (http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cc31b3127cce9dcda359518600000016108AaOW7No2atD).  Cause you really don't want a photo of me.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Va on January 03, 2005, 06:18:05 pm
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!
Title: Picture thread
Post by: V-Adore on January 03, 2005, 06:31:44 pm
Wow. I didn't know wee children could be that adorable. She's state-of-the-art!
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 03, 2005, 06:49:35 pm
You're throwing down the gauntlet of cute baby pictures?  Bring it! (http://www.bigfool.com/elizabeth/weddingbean.jpg)
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Va on January 03, 2005, 06:54:16 pm
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Nabubrush on January 03, 2005, 07:03:27 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
You're throwing down the gauntlet of cute baby pictures?  Bring it! (http://www.bigfool.com/elizabeth/weddingbean.jpg)


That ain't no real child.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: linnea on January 04, 2005, 02:54:05 am
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
You're throwing down the gauntlet of cute baby pictures?  Bring it! (http://www.bigfool.com/elizabeth/weddingbean.jpg)


That ain't no real child.


Gah!  That is possibly the cutest wee bairn I have ever seen. Damn. It makes me kinda sad that I can't have children due to my hell of bipolar disorder. However, it means that I won't have to deal with changing diapers, driving to piano and karate lessons, Prom, &c. I will just wait for my sisters to have chilluns, and then spoil the holy heck out of the resultant little nieces and nephews.

It will probably be like this:  

Of course Auntie Somebody nice will let you have ice cream for dinner, darlings! You can build a fort with the couch cushions, snowboard off the garage roof, and then we'll hit the toy stores!  Yeeeeeee!
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Nabubrush on January 04, 2005, 05:29:04 pm
Quote from: "linnea"
karate lessons, Prom, &c.


So, I ended up with "Porn, &c." in my mind, and it reminded me of when my brother had to deal with his step-son surfing the internet all night . . . you know hilarity ensued.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Bozack on January 04, 2005, 06:29:16 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "linnea"
karate lessons, Prom, &c.


So, I ended up with "Porn, &c." in my mind, and it reminded me of when my brother had to deal with his step-son surfing the internet all night . . . you know hilarity ensued.


I read your comment and immediatly thought of the song "Jesus, Etc.," by Wilco, and tried to add the word "porn" to it.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: jay-ell on January 11, 2005, 05:33:02 am
Well, somebody ought to post actual pics.  

 This (http://www.x-omega.com/stuff/jamiesupercute.jpg) is what I looked like about three days before I got knocked up.  It's easy to see what happened there, if I do say so myself.  

This (http://www.x-omega.com/stuff/jamiesbelly-1-6-2005.jpg) is what I look like now.  Well, the part of me that people pay attention to, anyway.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: AugustWest on January 11, 2005, 05:39:52 am
Based on the before picture, it's not hard to understand why you got knocked up.

Also, awwwww.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: V-Adore on January 11, 2005, 05:45:22 am
"awwwww" seconded.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: jough on January 11, 2005, 06:28:43 am
Yum.

Awww...
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Bozack on January 11, 2005, 06:34:20 am
Hahah, the way I see it happening, you walked through that doorway, someone took a picture, and then you and your husband EXPLODED in a cartoon-like cloud of flying dust and limbs and then BAM! You were preggers!
Title: Picture thread
Post by: jay-ell on January 11, 2005, 03:15:54 pm
That's not too far from the truth, Bozack.  Not too far at all.  

Although the truth also involved Clomid and mountain biking.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: arkabee on January 11, 2005, 10:49:18 pm
everytime i see this thread title, i get that Bill Cosby magic pen show's theme in my head.  picture pages? or something?
Title: Picture thread
Post by: Pedro Picasso on January 11, 2005, 11:18:20 pm
Quote from: "arkabee"
everytime i see this thread title, i get that Bill Cosby magic pen show's theme in my head.  picture pages? or something?


"It's time to watch Bill Cosby do a picture page with you! (http://www.mystiesplace.com/picturepages/pictures.html)"

I lost a lot of weight between this photo (http://www.x-omega.com/stuff/pedroAtSupremeCourt.jpg) and the time that the cartoonish banging with JL took place.  But don't worry, I've gained it all back now.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: CortJstr on January 11, 2005, 11:45:20 pm
Quote from: "arkabee"
everytime i see this thread title, i get that Bill Cosby magic pen show's theme in my head.  picture pages? or something?

I had a subscription to that for a year and the official crayon holder that played the little song.
Title: Picture thread
Post by: St_Zartan on January 12, 2005, 02:50:19 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I had a subscription to that for a year and the official crayon holder that played the little song.


That was a real thing? That people could actually have? God damn it!

Wait, did it just play a crappy little MIDI or whatever of the theme song, or did it actually go neet-nur-neep-nunk-nerp-nit-neh as you drew a line?
Title: Picture thread
Post by: CortJstr on January 12, 2005, 03:40:28 am
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I had a subscription to that for a year and the official crayon holder that played the little song.

That was a real thing? That people could actually have? God damn it!

Wait, did it just play a crappy little MIDI or whatever of the theme song, or did it actually go neet-nur-neep-nunk-nerp-nit-neh as you drew a line?

It was a large plastic crayon-holder that took batteriers. While pressure was applied to the crayon (ie while drawing) the song would play. If you stopped or didn't push hard enough the song would stop and start over next time.