The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: G3K on January 03, 2005, 08:35:18 am

Title: Overground Map (01/03/05)
Post by: G3K on January 03, 2005, 08:35:18 am
Alt-text mentions Serializer, breaking like a six-month avoidance of even its mention, much less any updates...

Has Achewood always definitely been in California or am I retarded?  Or both?

and I'm really hoping Dexter University looks like a dinosaur for the reason that I think it does ^____^
Title: Overground Map (01/03/05)
Post by: Chris Onstad on January 03, 2005, 08:50:13 am
There have been a few Achewood updates at Serializer recently. Do your homework before you post, kid. I've been adding material there on the DL and will be adding more regularly in 2005.

Yes it's always been in California.

I don't know what your dinosaur thing is. 2005 marks the year when I'm not going to let retarded posts go unanswered. The astute readers deserve as much.
Title: Overground Map (01/03/05)
Post by: jough on January 03, 2005, 09:14:09 am
Just wait until those with even more free time on their hands than I start trying to connect the dots to see a naked picture of Natalie Portman.
Title: Overground Map (01/03/05)
Post by: cellardoor on January 03, 2005, 01:37:48 pm
Being an avid fan of maps this update makes me do wee in my trousers.
Yay!
It makes it real!
Title: Overground Map (01/03/05)
Post by: CortJstr on January 03, 2005, 01:50:25 pm
I had no idea what the dinosaur comment meant at first so I went back to look at the map again. And now I can't not see it. Damn you! The Underground access point looks just like an eye.

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
There have been a few Achewood updates at Serializer recently. Do your homework before you post, kid. I've been adding material there on the DL and will be adding more regularly in 2005.

Well I'll be damned he's right. I like the cat-ergonomic phone that Beef has. Although that strikes me as something Ray would blow his money on.
Title: Overground Map (01/03/05)
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 03, 2005, 02:39:05 pm
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
There have been a few Achewood updates at Serializer recently. Do your homework before you post, kid. I've been adding material there on the DL and will be adding more regularly in 2005.

Yes it's always been in California.

I don't know what your dinosaur thing is. 2005 marks the year when I'm not going to let retarded posts go unanswered. The astute readers deserve as much.


I thought you said you'd be using it primarily as a reference archive rather than adding new material. Did I misinterpret your answer? (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=1420#27472)
Title: Overground Map (01/03/05)
Post by: wombat on January 03, 2005, 03:39:02 pm
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
2005 marks the year when I'm not going to let retarded posts go unanswered.


Oh good - I still miss the old days.  I think.

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"

There have been a few Achewood updates at Serializer recently.


Sneaky!  And there I was thinking my $2.95/month was just some sort of ritual sacrifice to the cartoon gods.
Title: Overground Map (01/03/05)
Post by: AugustWest on January 03, 2005, 03:59:07 pm
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
I don't know what your dinosaur thing is. 2005 marks the year when I'm not going to let retarded posts go unanswered. The astute readers deserve as much.


Promises, promises.
Title: Overground Map (01/03/05)
Post by: CortJstr on January 03, 2005, 04:00:17 pm
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
2005 marks the year when I'm not going to let retarded posts go unanswered. The astute readers deserve as much.

And the board's daily posts increase by 97% just like that.
Title: Overground Map (01/03/05)
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on January 03, 2005, 04:20:54 pm
Just don't give him the ability to lock threads and we should be fine.
Title: Overground Map (01/03/05)
Post by: Mantonio on January 03, 2005, 04:30:38 pm
Hmm, Achewood looks kind of like Palo Alto (http://chemeng.stanford.edu/03Resources/Directions/Images/palo-alto-map.gif).
Title: Overground Map (01/03/05)
Post by: Nabubrush on January 03, 2005, 04:52:40 pm
Serializer cancelled my subscription when I changed my name.
Title: Overground Map (01/03/05)
Post by: V-Adore on January 03, 2005, 06:30:34 pm
My anorakish question for the day: where does Lie Bot live? I had assumed he lived with the Onstads and the rest, based on Lie Bot in the garage, (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02252002) but he doesn't seem to be there -- or even in the apartment complex with the other bots. Where is he?! Oh, the uncertainty, it burns!
Title: Overground Map (01/03/05)
Post by: rrh on January 03, 2005, 06:55:27 pm
I don't know what "main underground imprint" means.
Title: Overground Map (01/03/05)
Post by: CortJstr on January 03, 2005, 07:05:07 pm
Quote from: "rrh"
I don't know what "main underground imprint" means.

I assumes it means the main "downtown" area of the Underground. Where one would find restaurants and the U-Wal-Mart and the like.
Title: Overground Map (01/03/05)
Post by: Chris Onstad on January 03, 2005, 10:37:11 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
I thought you said you'd be using it primarily as a reference archive rather than adding new material. Did I misinterpret your answer? (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=1420#27472)


No, I just changed my mind. I have a ton of sketchbooks and figured they'd be interesting content for dedicated readers. I'll be updating this regularly since it's thousands of pages of behind-the-scenes material that already exists.  

I just added like six new things, just now.
Title: Overground Map (01/03/05)
Post by: St_Zartan on January 03, 2005, 10:49:46 pm
I really like the choice of fonts in this one.

I always got the feeling that the Achewood dramatis personae all lived on the same street, or at the very most within a few blocks of one another. I was jaw-droppingly wrong, as it turns out - was there some clue to this that I missed somewhere along the way?
Title: Overground Map (01/03/05)
Post by: CortJstr on January 03, 2005, 10:54:34 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I really like the choice of fonts in this one.

I always got the feeling that the Achewood dramatis personae all lived on the same street, or at the very most within a few blocks of one another. I was jaw-droppingly wrong, as it turns out - was there some clue to this that I missed somewhere along the way?

Actually that was true. If you read the alt-text Chris basically decided to alter the "canon" with this one. There was an older Serializer posting that showed them all living within a couple blocks of each other. Ray's house was much bigger but still in the same neighborhood. The new way makes more sense, I think.

Or maybe a couple characters moved and we weren't explicitly told.
Title: Overground Map (01/03/05)
Post by: G3K on January 03, 2005, 11:36:44 pm
Fine, I guess you only update Serializer when i unsubscribe   :x

Seriously though, that's bugging me, because I always only subscribe to see your stuff, and then there's never any of it til I unsub again.  I understand it's not your highest priority in the hierarchy of producing new content, but it is something I'm paying for.  Bah.
Title: Overground Map (01/03/05)
Post by: Nabubrush on January 04, 2005, 01:07:01 am
I was just rolling with the sub, only checking once in awhile, and then I got purged. Now I think I'll wait a few, and get the one-month deal. Chris is getting his money's worth out of me just fine.

Some of you bastards are riding me, and I don't like it.

Probably none of you are actually riding me, but with Bozack one's never really sure, is one.