The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Chris Onstad on January 04, 2005, 10:05:37 am

Title: Achewood Police Blotter + Treat, 1/4/2005
Post by: Chris Onstad on January 04, 2005, 10:05:37 am
(http://www.achewood.com/rsrc/img/beef_patsycline.gif)
This is the thread for the new Police Blotter installment. Notice how we articulate several ideas without the crutch of cartoon language.
Title: Achewood Police Blotter + Treat, 1/4/2005
Post by: pmcd9 on January 04, 2005, 12:48:19 pm
Oh hell yeah!!!

Beef is Crazy.  Crazy for feeling so lonely.

Tee-totally awesome.

~Paul
Title: Achewood Police Blotter + Treat, 1/4/2005
Post by: palm trees on January 04, 2005, 01:17:01 pm
i thank the lord that the super furry animals were rocking my itunes as i loaded this page.
beef needs medication for his sleep deprivation. it's perfect.

EDIT oh god the tempo even matches.
Title: Achewood Police Blotter + Treat, 1/4/2005
Post by: wombat on January 04, 2005, 02:08:34 pm
PAUL!!!!!!!

Achewood City in 1932 was a very scary place.  I'm not sure I could stand to know more.  

And I am becoming a scary person, the sort who is compelled to Google around wondering why it might have been a Gravenstein apple sack in particular.  I see that it was the most important apple crop in Sonoma County in the early part of the 20th century.  Man, I really need to find a job.
Title: Achewood Police Blotter + Treat, 1/4/2005
Post by: AugustWest on January 04, 2005, 02:38:30 pm
Chris is starting threads now, too?  Have you changed your meds recently or something?  Dang!

Loved the police blotter.  I got a distinct Edward Gorey vibe from it.  Any connection?
Title: Achewood Police Blotter + Treat, 1/4/2005
Post by: AugustWest on January 04, 2005, 02:39:07 pm
Also, Hey Paul!
Title: Re: Achewood Police Blotter + Treat, 1/4/2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 04, 2005, 03:13:54 pm
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"

This is the thread for the new Police Blotter installment. Notice how we articulate several ideas without the crutch of cartoon language.


Non-sequitur: have you recently had a child? Or are expecting? Judging from your user icon, I'd imagine you're in for a treat either way.
Title: Achewood Police Blotter + Treat, 1/4/2005
Post by: Emergent_C on January 04, 2005, 03:18:02 pm
The tiny accessories left at various crimescenes indicate that the Underground might interact with the town in some very disturbing ways.

Also, that's Roast Beef playing a guitar...not a sonogram of Onstad's child.
Title: Achewood Police Blotter + Treat, 1/4/2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 04, 2005, 03:18:35 pm
Quote from: "Emergent_C"
The tiny accessories left at various crimescenes indicate that the Underground might interact with the town in some very disturbing ways.

Also, that's Roast Beef playing a guitar...not a sonogram of Onstad's child.


I meant "Got meconium?"
Title: Achewood Police Blotter + Treat, 1/4/2005
Post by: wombat on January 04, 2005, 03:24:28 pm
Quote from: "Emergent_C"

Also, that's Roast Beef playing a guitar...not a sonogram of Onstad's child.


Can we be so sure?
Title: Re: Achewood Police Blotter + Treat, 1/4/2005
Post by: Formica on January 04, 2005, 05:04:01 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Non-sequitur: have you recently had a child? Or are expecting? Judging from your user icon, I'd imagine you're in for a treat either way.


A Tense Week (http://chrisonstad.blogspot.com/2004/11/tense-week.html) revealed this information, as I recall.

Additionally, I personally felt Llewellyn Ash (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11292004) was a direct homage to the panic of impending fatherhood.

I also enjoy cartoon cats.
Title: Achewood Police Blotter + Treat, 1/4/2005
Post by: Nabubrush on January 04, 2005, 05:32:08 pm
That blotter read like bits from a horror novel. I never really thought about what the effects would be of having an underground, with the human population not knowing why mysterious things were occuring. My favorite was the first East Achewood entry - that was just plenty disturbing.

Edited because words deserve all their letters. What did they ever do to me?
Title: Achewood Police Blotter + Treat, 1/4/2005
Post by: Bozack on January 04, 2005, 06:27:37 pm
It's like Lovecraft, but instead of hideous creatures from the deep, the town is infested with malevolent drunken teddy bears.
Title: Achewood Police Blotter + Treat, 1/4/2005
Post by: V-Adore on January 04, 2005, 07:01:49 pm
I'm really disturbed by the boar skin, its boots, and the wallet containing a picture of a lady-boar. Something horrible has happened there, but what it is I can only speculate.
Title: Achewood Police Blotter + Treat, 1/4/2005
Post by: miles on January 04, 2005, 07:03:46 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
That blotter read like bits from a horror novel. I never really thought about what the effects would be of having an underground, with the human population not knowing why mysterious things were occuring. My favorite was the first East Achewood entry - that was just plenty disturbing.


The blotter is pretty disturbing in parts.  My favorite, though, is the bit about the "pole" toppling his neighbor's house.
Title: Achewood Police Blotter + Treat, 1/4/2005
Post by: andalucia on January 04, 2005, 07:53:38 pm
You are all wrong, as my fave part was by far the poisonous orchid incident.

But maybe that is because of a problem.
Title: Achewood Police Blotter + Treat, 1/4/2005
Post by: Nabubrush on January 04, 2005, 11:22:56 pm
The pole toppling the house starred Buster Keaton in my mind.
Title: Achewood Police Blotter + Treat, 1/4/2005
Post by: AugustWest on January 05, 2005, 01:08:43 am
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
The pole toppling the house starred Buster Keaton in my mind.


As the Pole or as the house-resident?
Title: Achewood Police Blotter + Treat, 1/4/2005
Post by: Nabubrush on January 05, 2005, 01:25:49 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
The pole toppling the house starred Buster Keaton in my mind.


As the Pole or as the house-resident?


As the house resident, but I'm thinking that I'm misremembering. What the hell, though, it's my mind.