The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: linnea on January 04, 2005, 05:46:28 pm

Title: Hug the f*** out of 'em, Mata Amritanandamayi!
Post by: linnea on January 04, 2005, 05:46:28 pm
Damn, this is such a great article.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4145695.stm

Quote from: "BBC"
One of India's most famous women gurus has pledged a billion rupees ($23m) to help survivors of the Asian tsunami.

Mata Amritanandamayi, also known as Amma or Mother, says the money will be used to rebuild homes destroyed in the disaster.

(...)

Mata Amritanandamayi is best known for hugging people as a form of blessing and therapy.

She is estimated to have to have hugged at least 21 million people in the past 30 years.

Her trust - which provides homes, schools and medical care - operates in 15 countries including Canada, France, Germany, Italy and the United Kingdom.


http://www.ammachi.org/

How awesome is that?  A billion rupees to help the survivors! Okay, I thought that was rad and I had to post it.  I love Philippe and huuugs, and this woman just radiates positivity. <3
Title: Hug the f*** out of 'em, Mata Amritanandamayi!
Post by: Turbo Ninja on January 04, 2005, 07:21:21 pm
Hug the fuck out of 'em, Mata Amritanandamayi!
Title: Hug the f*** out of 'em, Mata Amritanandamayi!
Post by: linnea on January 04, 2005, 07:55:56 pm
Daaaaamn!

superock. You. Are. Rad. Not only that, but I love your post so much that you have just inspired a new title for this thread.

Previous post subject: a guru of Huuugs! helps the tsunami survivors

New superock title: Hug the fuck out of 'em, Mata Amritanandamayi!

<3 <3 <3
Title: Hug the f*** out of 'em, Mata Amritanandamayi!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 04, 2005, 08:44:58 pm
Quote from: "superock101"
Hug the fuck out of 'em, Mata Amritanandamayi!


GodDAMMIT why didn't I think of that?!?
Title: Hug the f*** out of 'em, Mata Amritanandamayi!
Post by: CortJstr on January 04, 2005, 08:53:17 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "superock101"
Hug the fuck out of 'em, Mata Amritanandamayi!

GodDAMMIT why didn't I think of that?!?

For the newbies: http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03242003
Title: Hug the f*** out of 'em, Mata Amritanandamayi!
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 04, 2005, 08:57:26 pm
For those curious today, 1 us dollar = 43 1/2 Rupees.

That's $22,988,505.78


That's a hell of a pile in any denomination.
Title: Hug the f*** out of 'em, Mata Amritanandamayi!
Post by: Beatrice on February 17, 2005, 09:47:37 pm
I know a woman that has been to more than one retreat with Amma and has waited in line for many many hours to recieve one hug.  Amma blesses everything, flowers, animals, children and adults and really does just go for week long retreats to teach and hug... She's not accepted officially by her religion because she is a female healer, and is not recognized as the deity she represents, but she does it anyways. Sounds AWESOME!
Title: Hug the f*** out of 'em, Mata Amritanandamayi!
Post by: Beatrice on February 17, 2005, 09:53:54 pm
Uuuhm, I think.  Now I can't find anything on the topic as I try to read about her, but anyways, I'd like to see her.  That is all.