The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on January 10, 2005, 05:52:59 am

Title: After Three Days...
Post by: AugustWest on January 10, 2005, 05:52:59 am
...Fresh giraffe and houseguests both start to stink.

Ben Franklin was supposed to have said that.  After having both houseguests and giraffe around for more than three days I can assure you that there's a certain amount of truth in that hoary aphorism.

Based on things around here lately, I'd add a third item to that list -- running jokes.  To restate, "After three days, fresh giraffe, house guests and running jokes all start to stink."

It's a theory.  I don't know how worthy it is.

Since we have an eminent poster (who is reckoned by acclimation on this board,  "The Funniest Guy in America") perhaps he would share his learned opinion on my humble theory.  So, what about it Chris?  Is a running joke funny after three days or not?  

Rest assured your finding will be dispositive.
Title: After Three Days...
Post by: V-Adore on January 10, 2005, 06:11:03 am
I think there's a certain amount of merit -- although I would argue that houseguests and running jokes can regain their luster by sufficient periods of non-presence, while a fresh giraffe, once it has begun to stink, is basically never going to stop.

But maybe I'm thinking too hard?
Title: After Three Days...
Post by: Mantonio on January 10, 2005, 02:24:26 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
while a fresh giraffe, once it has begun to stink, is basically never going to stop.


It will when it turns into a hell of fossilized skeleton.
Title: After Three Days...
Post by: V-Adore on January 10, 2005, 06:01:40 pm
Man, have you ever smelled a coelacanth? I would not put money on even the petrified bones not smelling hell of decrepit.
Title: After Three Days...
Post by: Nabubrush on January 10, 2005, 06:35:39 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Man, have you ever smelled a coelacanth?


Well, who hasn't, really?

or

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that . . .
Title: After Three Days...
Post by: MattFish on January 10, 2005, 10:45:15 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Man, have you ever smelled a coelacanth?


If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that . . .


...I would have hell of 0 nickels.
Title: After Three Days...
Post by: Mantonio on January 11, 2005, 01:59:38 am
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Man, have you ever smelled a coelacanth?


If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that . . .


...I would have hell of 0 nickels.


However, you have read that. I guess that's worth about a penny, so you would have hell of such as 1 penny.
Title: After Three Days...
Post by: MattFish on January 11, 2005, 02:01:58 am
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Man, have you ever smelled a coelacanth?


If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that . . .


...I would have hell of 0 nickels.


However, you have read that. I guess that's worth about a penny, so you would have hell of such as 1 penny.


or hell of such as 0.2 nickels.
Title: After Three Days...
Post by: St_Zartan on January 11, 2005, 09:12:09 pm
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"

...I would have hell of 0 nickels.


...so you would have hell of such as 1 penny.


or hell of such as 0.2 nickels.


I wish I could take the English language away from both of you.
Title: After Three Days...
Post by: AugustWest on January 11, 2005, 09:33:02 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"

...I would have hell of 0 nickels.


...so you would have hell of such as 1 penny.


or hell of such as 0.2 nickels.


I wish I could take the English language away from both of you.


Zart, here's a trophy.  I'm buying you a pizza.
Title: After Three Days...
Post by: Nabubrush on January 11, 2005, 11:33:00 pm
August, you have a Kansas reference in your title (sort of) and an America reference in the title of this thread. I'm worried about you.
Title: After Three Days...
Post by: AugustWest on January 12, 2005, 01:49:43 am
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
August, you have a Kansas reference in your title (sort of) and an America reference in the title of this thread. I'm worried about you.
Hey, I'm a 70's guy at heart.  I can't help it.