The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: mrchee on January 10, 2005, 11:37:27 am

Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: mrchee on January 10, 2005, 11:37:27 am
I am not quite sure what that means, myself....

On the other hand, it is always funny to see Ray drinking before noon
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: cellardoor on January 10, 2005, 01:02:57 pm
That Mr lithgow has a greasy, wet, small c*ck?
I'm thinking like ray here so...
What's Ray eating? Is that an oyster?
Tofuck is awesome.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: CortJstr on January 10, 2005, 01:39:43 pm
The alt text implies that it's a Tofuck You Monday. But I don't see that catching on nearly as well as Fuck you Friday.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: andalucia on January 10, 2005, 02:14:03 pm
I had to google to find out who John Lithgow is.  Now that I know, I'm not entirely sure as to why one would be specifically compelled to liken his genitalia to poor-quality french fries.  However, I do agree with this strip in that no one, not even vegans, should have to eat tofu-meats.  When I was home for Christmas my father bought fake chicken pieces to put in a stir fry, and I nearly cried.  Not really, but I was kind of weirded out.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: Steve Hogan on January 10, 2005, 02:16:09 pm
I think being Mrs John Lithgow implies a certain salty dismay.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 10, 2005, 03:22:00 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
I had to google to find out who John Lithgow is.  Now that I know, I'm not entirely sure as to why one would be specifically compelled to liken his genitalia to poor-quality french fries.  


Third Cock from the Bun?
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 10, 2005, 03:24:25 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
The alt text implies that it's a Tofuck You Monday. But I don't see that catching on nearly as well as Fuck you Friday.


Maybe the addition of whiny Swedish rockers in Elmo shirts (http://www.diapazam.se/video/elmovideo.mov) will make it better.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: Bozack on January 10, 2005, 04:47:38 pm
Quote from: "Steve Hogan"
I think being Mrs John Lithgow implies a certain salty dismay.

...SALTY DISMAY. Beautiful.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: MattFish on January 10, 2005, 05:31:32 pm
I'm just happy Ray finally brought the oven fries issue out into the open.

Just what IS he eating in that panel?
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: miles on January 10, 2005, 05:43:05 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
The alt text implies that it's a Tofuck You Monday. But I don't see that catching on nearly as well as Fuck you Friday.


I think Dick Cheney said that to the President of PETA, Ingrid whatshername.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: miles on January 10, 2005, 05:46:38 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
I had to google to find out who John Lithgow is.


Wait.  You haven't seen Footloose?  You must take care of that immediately.  Thanks to that movie, I now can channel my anger into something more productive than violence:  dancing my ass off!
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: Turbo Ninja on January 10, 2005, 06:00:30 pm
Or Buckaroo Banzai.  Truly a film before its time.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: Nabubrush on January 10, 2005, 06:37:04 pm
WATG.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: jough on January 10, 2005, 07:13:06 pm
Lithgow was fuck*ng great in Garp and Blowout.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: linnea on January 10, 2005, 10:37:46 pm
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
I'm just happy Ray finally brought the oven fries issue out into the open.

Just what IS he eating in that panel?


That is what I was wondering!  It looks like a french fry, but there is no package of McDonald's anywhere in the frame. Maybe he is chewing on a pen?

Owners of the Achewood Cookbook will recognize the age-old rivalry between Pat's oven fries and the rest of the Achewood crew.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: Golfhaus on January 10, 2005, 11:06:44 pm
My first thought, seeing as how the only mouth-related prop is the martini glass, is that we are seeing him sip his martini, and Onstad forgot to draw the stem and base of the glass.

But I figure that would have been corrected by now if it was, in fact, the case. So your guess is as good as mine.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: jough on January 11, 2005, 12:16:21 am
I thought he was grabbing his tongue there.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: Bozack on January 11, 2005, 12:42:17 am
I can't believe no-one has mentioned this:
(http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0743261240.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg)

SHAMEEEEE.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: CortJstr on January 11, 2005, 01:17:23 am
EVIL!

Manservant Hecubus must be in the box with him.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: V-Adore on January 11, 2005, 01:48:06 am
I have been avoiding commenting on this one -- any salient thought I would have about it seems to basically be covered already -- but the introduction of this new object just makes me picture a child-edification game involving horrible, horrible oven fries. I picture it in elementary-school-counselor roleplaying style:

"Now, Johnny, look at this oven fry. Isn't it basically just like a hot slug? Don't you want to just throw it out? You wouldn't want to do something like this to your friends when they come to your parties, would you? Let's learn how to make sure oven fries like this never happen again."
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: MattFish on January 11, 2005, 01:58:03 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
"Now, Johnny, look at this oven fry. Isn't it basically just like a hot slug? Don't you want to just throw it out? You wouldn't want to do something like this to your friends when they come to your parties, would you? Let's learn how to make sure oven fries like this never happen again."


oh my GOD, imagine Lithgow saying that in a faux-coddling, overbearing father-figure tone and it just gets too creepy for words.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: AugustWest on January 11, 2005, 01:58:40 am
Quote from: "jough"
I thought he was grabbing his tongue there.


I thought it was an oyster on the half-shell.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: jough on January 11, 2005, 06:30:57 am
Where did it come from, though? There are no oysters in any other frame.

I thought he was holding his tongue because he just told a LIE.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 11, 2005, 02:50:21 pm
I thought he was picking his teeth with his martini-olive toothpick.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: Va on January 11, 2005, 03:43:44 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I thought he was picking his teeth with his martini-olive toothpick.


Likewise.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: linnea on January 11, 2005, 09:51:29 pm
Quote from: "Va"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I thought he was picking his teeth with his martini-olive toothpick.


Likewise.


But the martini olive toothpick never moved from his Ketel One up.

Oh jeez. This is getting pedantic. Onstad had mentioned that the art was always secondary to the scripts that he was producing. However, I would like to know just wtf Ray is putting in his mouth in that panel.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: CortJstr on January 11, 2005, 09:53:34 pm
Quote from: "linnea"
Oh jeez. This is getting pedantic. Onstad had mentioned that the art was always secondary to the scripts that he was producing. However, I would like to know just wtf Ray is putting in his mouth in that panel.

Your mom! That's what he's putting in his mouth! Ha!
.
.
.
.
Sorry, it's been kind of a long day. ::backs away slowly::
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: Nabubrush on January 11, 2005, 11:30:40 pm
Maybe he took the toothpick out, and then put it back in the glass. Not hygenic enough for you? He's a cat; he licks his own ass.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: slink on January 12, 2005, 12:22:10 am
I zoomed in on it (firefox plugin) and it did look like a tongue being stretched. But I don't know.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: jough on January 12, 2005, 12:33:30 am
Well, Chris is probably pretty busy clicking the "Print..." button in Illustrator today so I doubt we'll get a definitive answer.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: Doc on January 12, 2005, 03:47:53 am
When I read it, I just assumed it was ray holding his toungue, in bitter memory of oven fries.
But now... I'm not sure, it could be a wedge of something.
Damn you all!
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: Nabubrush on January 12, 2005, 05:15:24 am
Quote from: "Doc"
When I read it, I just assumed it was ray holding his toungue, in bitter memory of oven fries.
But now... I'm not sure, it could be a wedge of something.
Damn you all!

You got 4 posts, we got thousands of posts. Don't damn us because Achewood perhaps sparks a brighter flame in our lives than it does in yours.

Oh fuck I am losing altitude.

Also I am an asshole in many ways and it is tongue, the word you are looking for.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: MattFish on January 12, 2005, 05:40:29 am
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Oh fuck I am losing altitude.


You must have spent too much time responding to things with barely readable fonts and too little time refueling!
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: Nabubrush on January 12, 2005, 05:44:39 am
To be fair, I am French.
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: Doc on January 13, 2005, 04:30:43 am
I think you misunderstand why I damned, it was simply because before I read this thread I was sure of my place in the world re: what Ray was holding. Reading of this thread brought doubt and confusion into my world, this thread is the Darwin to my Achewood catholic church It throws everything into question!
Title: 1/10/2005 - Mrs. John Lithgow
Post by: Nabubrush on January 13, 2005, 08:59:44 pm
But Doc, that's the beauty of art. Do you know who is right about it? You are, that's who!