The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: side_show on January 10, 2005, 06:11:44 pm

Title: Desktop Wallpaper
Post by: side_show on January 10, 2005, 06:11:44 pm
I'm sick of the plain ol' blue.  Suggestions?

Keep in mind this is for my office computer - no nudies, or rudies please!
Title: Desktop Wallpaper
Post by: andalucia on January 10, 2005, 06:21:26 pm
I can't find a link to the larger version that I have online, but my wallpaper is   this still (http://www.pbs.org/art21/artists/barney/img/MB_1.jpg) from the Cremaster Cycle.
Before that, I had a picture from an urban exploration site of a guy in a suit standing on a railing atop a building, with the Chrysler Building in the background.
Generally, I find desktop wallpaper sites to be hell of not worth the browsing time, so whenever I come across a snazzy image of the correct dimensions, I save it.

Edit:  I realize that this is profoundly not-that-useful re: your particular situation.
Title: Desktop Wallpaper
Post by: slink on January 10, 2005, 06:26:30 pm
I tend to set my background to black first of all, then use any image I like, as long as it is centered and not going to hit the edge of the screen. I hate images behind icons!
Trouble Man and No-No were there for a while.
Title: Desktop Wallpaper
Post by: Nabubrush on January 10, 2005, 06:34:28 pm
I bust T + NN pretty regular-like.
Title: Desktop Wallpaper
Post by: CortJstr on January 10, 2005, 07:07:47 pm
Images behind icons can bug me but it depends. I generally go for abstract backgrounds as icon-erference bothers me less with those. Or I'm really in the mood for some kind of branded promotional wallpaper I pick ones that have a kind of letterbox effect and keep my icons in the negative space.

Actually, I almost started a thread just like this, as my standard backdrop looks hella lame on my new display.
Title: Desktop Wallpaper
Post by: monkeybutter on January 10, 2005, 07:13:08 pm
the Phillippe background downloadable from achewood.com!!!
Title: Desktop Wallpaper
Post by: sjlimmer on January 10, 2005, 10:17:03 pm
I have this (http://www.explodingdog.com/january2/theglassishalffull.html) as my background right now.  Many of Sam's fine drawings make for good backgrounds, I think.
Title: Desktop Wallpaper
Post by: Nabubrush on January 10, 2005, 11:25:35 pm
Quote from: "sjlimmer"
I have this (http://www.explodingdog.com/january2/theglassishalffull.html) as my background right now.  Many of Sam's fine drawings make for good backgrounds, I think.


Yes yes yes. I like this one (http://www.explodingdog.com/january1/youllloveittrustme2.html).
Title: Desktop Wallpaper
Post by: slink on January 10, 2005, 11:38:07 pm
Quote from: "sjlimmer"
I have this (http://www.explodingdog.com/january2/theglassishalffull.html) as my background right now.  Many of Sam's fine drawings make for good backgrounds, I think.


Yea. I had the "Trojan on your computer" one for a while. Joe Sorren (http://www.joesorren.com) paintings are good too.
Title: Desktop Wallpaper
Post by: Nabubrush on January 11, 2005, 01:24:31 am
Robert Williams (http://www.fantagraphics.com/artist/williams/williams2.jpeg) might be too busy, I guess.
Title: Desktop Wallpaper
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 11, 2005, 03:04:53 pm
My current backdrop is second base (http://beergeek.com/photos/?display=Computer%20Backgrounds%2FBaseball%2F_07060011.jpg).  A number of nice ones on that site (http://beergeek.com/photos/?dir=Computer%20Backgrounds%2F).
Title: Desktop Wallpaper
Post by: Limmo on January 11, 2005, 06:49:33 pm
My current backdrop is utterly predictable (http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5df30b3127cce9e591c2eeeaf00000000108AaOW7No2atD).  

ETA: And a little small when you open it.
Title: Desktop Wallpaper
Post by: arkabee on January 11, 2005, 10:51:49 pm
use a demotivator pic?
Title: Desktop Wallpaper
Post by: Nabubrush on January 11, 2005, 11:03:05 pm
Quote from: "Limmo"
My current backdrop is utterly predictable (http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5df30b3127cce9e591c2eeeaf00000000108AaOW7No2atD).  

ETA: And a little small when you open it.


The first time I tried to open it, it said "server error" and I thought "that is predictable".
Title: Desktop Wallpaper
Post by: side_show on January 17, 2005, 03:48:46 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "sjlimmer"
I have this (http://www.explodingdog.com/january2/theglassishalffull.html) as my background right now.  Many of Sam's fine drawings make for good backgrounds, I think.


Yea. I had the "Trojan on your computer" one for a while. Joe Sorren (http://www.joesorren.com) paintings are good too.


Wow, I'd never heard of Joe Sorren before - very cool! Reminds me of Mark Ryden.