The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: monkeybutter on January 10, 2005, 08:16:32 pm

Title: Jough...
Post by: monkeybutter on January 10, 2005, 08:16:32 pm
I may be missing something but I saw on an old thread that you visited the UK but couldn't find any kind of summary or account of your travels. I'm interested to know what people think of London, city of my birth and entire life to date. What did ya get up to? What did you see? Where did you stay?
Title: Jough...
Post by: jough on January 10, 2005, 09:35:17 pm
I stayed with friends who had their own "home business" out of a flat near Chinatown in lovely "we're too hip for you, YANKEE" Soho.

I like London - I met a girl I'm still at least partially fond of there.  It's more like any east coast American city than a European city, so it's an easy transition into the more epicurean delights of Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Rome, etc., all of which have their own special charm.

I'm actually a big fan of Manchester, which is more akin to home to me than London is.  And besides, Manchester United is set to win the FA cup (provided  the Reds beat Exeter, which we all know they will).

As far as "seeing" things, we mostly caroused and drank ourselves silly at various pubs, which are all better than the pubs at home.  And people marveled at my foreign accent, which admittedly is foreign even on my home soil.

How do you like London, having been from there?
Title: Jough...
Post by: wombat on January 11, 2005, 12:10:49 am
Quote from: "jough"
a girl I'm still at least partially fond of


Hmm, high praise indeed.
Title: Jough...
Post by: Nabubrush on January 11, 2005, 01:27:05 am
That's a yearbook quote if ever I saw one:

"Staci, always remember I'm still at least partially fond of you."
Title: Jough...
Post by: St_Zartan on January 11, 2005, 09:30:31 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I'm still at least partially fond of you


WHOA HO HO

BUT WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAAAAA-A-A-KE

OHHHHHHHHHH NO
Title: Jough...
Post by: Bozack on January 11, 2005, 11:51:42 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I'm still at least partially fond of you


WHOA HO HO

BUT WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAAAAA-A-A-KE

OHHHHHHHHHH NO


Jesus, have you ever heard the Bobby Bare Jr. cover of that? With fuck*ng banjos? It's AMAZING. PM me if you want it.
Title: Jough...
Post by: jough on January 12, 2005, 12:06:45 am
Quote from: "Bozack"

Jesus, have you ever heard the Bobby Bare Jr. cover of that? With fuck*ng banjos? It's AMAZING. PM me if you want it.


a-HEM.
Title: Jough...
Post by: Bozack on January 12, 2005, 12:11:41 am
PM me if you want it....on the next mix CD?
Title: Jough...
Post by: jough on January 12, 2005, 12:35:43 am
My throat-clearing was more a "do you even have to ASK, dude?"