The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: palm trees on January 11, 2005, 09:45:01 am
-
dammit, am i tempted by that.
printed collections first though, i think...
anyone else gonna jump on this and order instantly?
-
Thanks for thinking of the new signed strip prints in such a positive light.
These frameable strips don't serve the same ends as a printed collection, I must say. They're for display, a bit of solid show-off and collectibility. I was once resoundingly not-hired by a guy with original Ren and Stimpy celluloid cells on his office wall. It was luscious, it was succulent and delicious. Perhaps someday you will be this famous man, with the fancy obscurist art on his wall, not hiring the idiot who couldn't locate the FORM tag with both hands.
If you would excuse me please I have just received another enticing email from PEE PEE TEENS and must go. You will surely understand.
-
I think this is a great idea, Chris. I'm sure you'll sell a lot of them. I'll be buying some soon.
-
I think I shall buy four or six of them and arrange them in a pattern on a wall of my home. I think maybe I should pick strips from the same story arc, or strips with the same theme (Lyle giving the finger, Todd, dick jokes) or the least similar/most random strips possible just so I can watch the reactions of my guests as they read my new artwork.
Then I will take a picture of those reactions, print them out on heavy, glossy stock and sell them to Chris Onstad.
QUESTION FOR 'STAD: Will these prints be limited in any way? Or are you more than happy to print a million copies of a particular edition if that's what we, the American Public, demand?
-
As my girlfriend and I get closer to buying a house, our plans are coming forth to make sure we get a place we can build a home bar in. When this comes through, I can definitely see Teodor and Cornelius's taste test strip (my all-time favorite) featured prominently on the bar wall.
As the young urban youth have been known to say these days, "This is exactly the very item we have been presently speaking of."
-
QUESTION FOR 'STAD: Will these prints be limited in any way? Or are you more than happy to print a million copies of a particular edition if that's what we, the American Public, demand?
My thoughts exactly. Also is the entire archive available, even alternates such as "rad chilis" or "6oz of Fuck You Ray"
-
If you would excuse me please I have just received another enticing email from PEE PEE TEENS and must go. You will surely understand.
Must go, or must go? Can you be rendered incontinent by POO POO NYMPHETS?
-
I think the reason that people buy animation cells partially is that they're all one of a kind, hand-drawn originals.
Or are you re-drawing the strips for each of these you sell?
I think it's a great idea but basically are you just printing out a strip on your inkjet and signing it?
-
I think the reason that people buy animation cells partially is that they're all one of a kind, hand-drawn originals.
Or are you re-drawing the strips for each of these you sell?
I think it's a great idea but basically are you just printing out a strip on your inkjet and signing it?
He said they'd be "high-resolution strips...printed from the original artwork files." Looks like we're getting some quality prints rather than anything one-of-a-kind. He has told us how to contact him regarding custom/commission work, so there's always that route if you simply must let people know that you love Achewood and have several hundred dollars to spend on cartoons.
-
I think it's a great idea but basically are you just printing out a strip on your inkjet and signing it?
These are definitely not inkjet printouts. I bought a special high-end laser printer which does a great job of outputting the crisp line art and halftones. We also researched paper and found a nice, heavy 8pt gloss cover stock.
Why must you always assume the worst of everyone and everything? It's a pretty miserable way to go.
-
I think it's a great idea but basically are you just printing out a strip on your inkjet and signing it?
These are definitely not inkjet printouts. I bought a special high-end laser printer which does a great job of outputting the crisp line art and halftones. We also researched paper and found a nice, heavy 8pt gloss cover stock.
Why must you always assume the worst of everyone and everything? It's a pretty miserable way to go.
Kind of off topic, but will there be a strip today?
-
Kind of off topic, but will there be a strip today?
I find this sentence, in this forum, to be entertainingly surreal.
-
QUESTION FOR 'STAD: Will these prints be limited in any way? Or are you more than happy to print a million copies of a particular edition if that's what we, the American Public, demand?
My name is not "'stad," dear friends.
These prints are not limited in any way. The silkscreens will be, but not the signed strips.
Re: "will there be a strip today?" Yes. I was born with all the strips I will ever produce already in my ovaries, but sometimes they do not mensate out at perfect intervals. Wait...whooouuhhhhghgghghg...there's the strip!
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01112005
-
So wait... all of the board's bitching when days go by without a strip would be solved as long as we got Chris on the pill?
-
I'll never look at an Achewood strip the same way.
-
Wow, this thread went from zero to disturbo about instantly. It'll be on my Modly Watch Radar in case Chris/Onstad/The 'Stad Man feels the need to overshare any more.
-
And that pill is named Maker's Mark.
Send him some.
That ain't completely dependable.
I think I'll probably get one of these. I'll really have to carefully screen the archives.
Chris, is this restricted to the main site, or is serializer stuff available?
-
If you're interested in a particular Serializer piece, contact me and I'll see if it's one that works in this format. I can't produce color pieces, not for this price, anyhow. I can produce perfect-resolution digital color output for a slightly higher price - but that would be more like a commission, since I'd have to use someone else's machines. Let me know. Thanks for asking.
-
These prints are not limited in any way. The silkscreens will be, but not the signed strips.
Silkscreens?
I would be way interested in a hand-drawn version of a strip but I'm sure I couldn't afford it.
-
In The Cooker:
Silkscreened prints
Handbags/Knapsacks
Stickers (http://www.achewood.com/shop/shopindex.php)
I know that I saw more info about them before, but I don't know where that info has gone.
Never mind; it's here. (http://www.achewood.com/gallery.php)
Thanks for the info, Chris. When I re-up Serializer, I'll see what I think.
-
My name is not "'stad," dear friends.
Ooooooohhhh! He called us "dear friends"! I'm all giggly now! I'm never going to wash my eyeballs again.
-
FUCK YOU IN THE EAR!!!
Please indulge me, I am halfway in the bag.
-
Yes, my bad, he's printing out a strip on his laser printer and signing it.
Oh, he may also frame it for $20.
But whatever. A sucker and his money are soon parted.
-
I would dearly love to be a passenger in jough's consciousness for just one day. I imagine the world through his eyes as a red-toned Terminator-esque POV with a constantly-roving crosshair labeled THIS IS FOR JERKS, alighting on everything meant to bring us delight* and turning it instantly into poop, mentally.
* And others a simple meal.
-
But whatever. A sucker and his money are soon parted.
That's true - I paid a pretty penny for the new username and custom title.
-
It reminds me of athletes who sign lots of autographs. Cal Ripken will sign pretty much anything for anybody for free. Meaning signed merchandise of his isn't worth much as its basically flooded the market. But people still desire it, just not in an investment capacity.
-
I don't care if Chris wants to sell limited edition TURDS. If people buy them, he can sell them.
Jough can have an opinion and state it on his bandwidth. He's even gracious enough to allow promotion and discussion of commercial products that don't (I don't think) benefit him on his bandwidth. I probably wouldn't.
So what I'm saying is shut the fuck up about Jough, not because I think Jough needs defense (Hardly) or because I think Jough is super awesome (not super, anyhow) but because, selgiraffely, I'm sick of the insipid whining and incessant need to bring it up over and over for the entire life of this board. Jough is Jough, deal with it like the rest of us or resist the urge to post.
For shit's sake.
-
Jough is Jough, deal with it like the rest of us or resist the urge to post.
Word. I thought everybody loved curmudgeonly misanthropes! Looks like I gotta find a new personality.
-
On a more on-topic note, I'm into the framed strips. Maybe for the color strips you can try that unparalleled awsomeness (http://www.thinkgeek.com/pennyarcade/other/70e1/) that Penny Arcade just ran. I myself am not the type to shell out such exhorbitant sums of money, but the PA fanbase bought those things out as fast as their nerdy little fingers could click. Not too bad.
Note: I also have nerdy little fingers
-
Put up with me. I will not put up with you.
-- Aime Cesaire
-
awesomeness
This is one of the several reasons why AlohaDawg is the man.
Anyway, let's all at least try to pretend for a moment that we're all civilized human beings.
-
Note: I also have nerdy little fingers
That's actually one of those Nintendo-core bands that only covers classic punk.
-
The first guy states an opinion about a person for what they are selling, and yet provides a forum for free where someone insults him for that opinion. Hmmm.
Personally, I think everybody ought to get paid. People are buying hell of more ridiculous things than a sharp print of a comic they love with the creator's signature on it. You know I could fill this post with 1000 links to ebay of stupid shit, and my only limitation would be how fast I could post them.
I've donated here and gotten nothing in return that others aren't getting for free, so who knows? Still, people who come here and just talk shit and don't at least make it funny are tiresome.
-
Note: I also have nerdy little fingers
That's actually one of those Nintendo-core bands that only covers classic punk.
Good call on that one.
-
The first guy states an opinion about a person for what they are selling, and yet provides a forum for free where someone insults him for that opinion. Hmmm.
Personally, I think everybody ought to get paid. People are buying hell of more ridiculous things than a sharp print of a comic they love with the creator's signature on it. You know I could fill this post with 1000 links to ebay of stupid shit, and my only limitation would be how fast I could post them.
I've donated here and gotten nothing in return that others aren't getting for free, so who knows? Still, people who come here and just talk shit and don't at least make it funny are tiresome.
Word.
Humans are such asshats.