The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Asherdan on January 11, 2005, 10:58:46 pm

Title: 1/11/05...Bless the baby Angel (wombat's demand)
Post by: Asherdan on January 11, 2005, 10:58:46 pm
(http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--k5m636Zb--/m5dvkzj95cd6xl0k4nnx.gif)
Title: 1/11/05...Bless the baby Angel (wombat's demand)
Post by: wombat on January 11, 2005, 11:02:48 pm
No, no, the title must be 'Bless the baby angel.'

It is indeed heartwarming that Ray, with all his riches, can still appreciate the simple things in life.
Title: 1/11/05...Bless the baby Angel (wombat's demand)
Post by: arkabee on January 11, 2005, 11:05:06 pm
this may be the best comic strip, nay, the best thing, period, ever.

a cat shouts, downstairs, to his cat friend:
hey dude, come look in my toilet!

the cat answers the call.
Title: 1/11/05...Bless the baby Angel (wombat's demand)
Post by: V-Adore on January 11, 2005, 11:20:08 pm
I don't think Ray actually, you know, went in the toilet or anything. I think he was just generally admiring it.

That said, the second panel just reads like Philippe dialogue to me. 2000 Flushes is totally something Philippe would be excited about, too.
Title: 1/11/05...Bless the baby Angel (wombat's demand)
Post by: CortJstr on January 11, 2005, 11:43:19 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I don't think Ray actually, you know, went in the toilet or anything. I think he was just generally admiring it.

That said, the second panel just reads like Philippe dialogue to me. 2000 Flushes is totally something Philippe would be excited about, too.

Philippe keeps a little chart where he ticks off each flush and demands that Teodor make a cake or something should it last more than 2000 flushes. But Lyle won't mark his flushes down which makes Philippe very angry.

I may have a problem.
Title: 1/11/05...Bless the baby Angel (wombat's demand)
Post by: Bozack on January 11, 2005, 11:47:36 pm
Hmmm, I DO like toilet-bowl blue, man. It's like Cancun, in my bowl.
Title: 1/11/05...Bless the baby Angel (wombat's demand)
Post by: wombat on January 11, 2005, 11:49:32 pm
I hereby forgive Asherdan for changing his damn avatar.
Title: 1/11/05...Bless the baby Angel (wombat's demand)
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 12, 2005, 12:22:44 am
Simple pleasures like blue toilet water makes one pine for the fjords.

And so it is, we celebrate today's Achewood with the best Scandinavian video ever. Today's video is what appears to be a Norwegian Disco instruction video; except, with traditional Norse stiffness, these fellows can't dance. The music itself starts at about the two minute mark, at which point all the Norsemen appear to be doing bizarre chicken dances to a Teutonic rendition of "Moscow."

Link Here (MPEG format) (http://folk.uio.no/tsandvik/fun/learn_disco.mpg)
Title: 1/11/05...Bless the baby Angel (wombat's demand)
Post by: jough on January 12, 2005, 12:29:54 am
This is one of my favourite strips in... days.

Seriously, whatever selling laser printed copies of strips for $20 (or twice that  for the inclusion of the frame) has done to Onstad's creative output, damn, keep those new merchandise ideas comin'.
Title: 1/11/05...Bless the baby Angel (wombat's demand)
Post by: linnea on January 12, 2005, 01:01:45 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
Hmmm, I DO like toilet-bowl blue, man. It's like Cancun, in my bowl.


It reminds me of Ray taking illicit chugs of blue curaçao over at Crystal's place. Curaçao blue is indeed a beautiful thing, whether it is the color of a tropical ocean, in a fruity Blue Hawaiian drink, ringing Ray's mouth, or gracing Ray's toilet.

Amen.

This strip made me so happy, and I don't know why. A day like today is so good that even drowning in the cold unforgiving sea doesn't sound so bad.

And Ash, please bite your tongue. I fuckin' hated the Barry Bass strips.
Title: 1/11/05...Bless the baby Angel (wombat's demand)
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 12, 2005, 01:44:03 am
Quote from: "linnea"

It reminds me of Ray taking illicit chugs of blue curaçao over at Crystal's place. Curaçao blue is indeed a beautiful thing, whether it is the color of a tropical ocean, in a fruity Blue Hawaiian drink, ringing Ray's mouth, or gracing Ray's toilet.


Behold a mixed drink that I have created:

1/2 cup milk or soy milk (plain)
Three shots of Bailey's
One and a half shots of Blue Curacao
Crumble two Oreo cookies into the drink and stir

It tastes exactly like the residue from Froot Loops!

I call it "Smurf cum."
Title: 1/11/05...Bless the baby Angel (wombat's demand)
Post by: AugustWest on January 12, 2005, 01:53:34 am
Halcyon water
Swirling clockwise in my head
Bluer than heaven
Title: 1/11/05...Bless the baby Angel (wombat's demand)
Post by: Nabubrush on January 12, 2005, 05:19:12 am
Hey I gotta idea, Bobby. Why don't you come over to my house, and recite Burma Shave slogans, and throw up in my mouth.



I'm not proud, but I'm not ashamed. Are anyone's rights being violated?
Title: 1/11/05...Bless the baby Angel (wombat's demand)
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 12, 2005, 05:29:15 am
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Hey I gotta idea, Bobby. Why don't you come over to my house, and recite Burma Shave slogans, and throw up in my mouth.



I'm not proud, but I'm not ashamed. Are anyone's rights being violated?


I dated a girl who was into stuff like that.
Title: 1/11/05...Bless the baby Angel (wombat's demand)
Post by: Bozack on January 12, 2005, 06:58:43 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

I dated a girl who was into stuff like that.


I think we ALL dated that girl.
Title: 1/11/05...Bless the baby Angel (wombat's demand)
Post by: pmcd9 on January 12, 2005, 02:24:17 pm
On two occasions I gave 2000 flushes as wedding gifts with instructions attached to the package that read "If you ever begin to feel like your marriage is circling the drain, give yourselves 2000 flushes first.  

You see, i'm all about couples staying together and working it out.

~Paul
Title: 1/11/05...Bless the baby Angel (wombat's demand)
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 12, 2005, 02:30:15 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
On two occasions I gave 2000 flushes as wedding gifts with instructions attached to the package that read "If you ever begin to feel like your marriage is circling the drain, give yourselves 2000 flushes first.  

You see, i'm all about couples staying together and working it out.

~Paul


That is a most brilliant idea.
Title: 1/11/05...Bless the baby Angel (wombat's demand)
Post by: AugustWest on January 12, 2005, 05:28:33 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Goddammit, THAT'S why I miss Paul around here.
Yep.  Now Al Green is gonna have to write a new verse.
Title: 1/11/05...Bless the baby Angel (wombat's demand)
Post by: jough on January 12, 2005, 06:26:20 pm
Alright, I was holding back because I was hoping someone else would admit this first, but okay, I'll go.

In college I kept a record of how many flushes I got from my 2,000 flushes.  I had to bring in corroborative witnesses towards the end, since it kinda fades out blue-ish and there was debate as to when it was done or not.

Anyway, I think it got to around 1,600 flushes before petering out, and then it was still *slightly* blue for another 50-100 flushes.

Also, I have heard from a plumber that those things are murder on your pipes, and that you should only use them if you have 100% PVC on the drain, or else don't mind spending a few grand on pipe and ceiling repair.
Title: 1/11/05...Bless the baby Angel (wombat's demand)
Post by: Nabubrush on January 12, 2005, 06:27:45 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Alright, I was holding back because I was hoping someone else would admit this first, but okay, I'll go.

In college I kept a record of how many flushes I got from my 2,000 flushes.


How many of us did you think actually did this?
Title: 1/11/05...Bless the baby Angel (wombat's demand)
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 12, 2005, 06:28:14 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Alright, I was holding back because I was hoping someone else would admit this first, but okay, I'll go.

In college I kept a record of how many flushes I got from my 2,000 flushes.  I had to bring in corroborative witnesses towards the end, since it kinda fades out blue-ish and there was debate as to when it was done or not.

Anyway, I think it got to around 1,600 flushes before petering out, and then it was still *slightly* blue for another 50-100 flushes.

Also, I have heard from a plumber that those things are murder on your pipes, and that you should only use them if you have 100% PVC on the drain, or else don't mind spending a few grand on pipe and ceiling repair.


I wonder how long a bottle of Blue Curacao would work instead.
Title: 1/11/05...Bless the baby Angel (wombat's demand)
Post by: AugustWest on January 12, 2005, 06:51:51 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Alright, I was holding back because I was hoping someone else would admit this first, but okay, I'll go.


Ha Ha!  I was cooler in college than you were!
Title: 1/11/05...Bless the baby Angel (wombat's demand)
Post by: Bozack on January 12, 2005, 07:06:18 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "jough"
Alright, I was holding back because I was hoping someone else would admit this first, but okay, I'll go.


Ha Ha!  I was cooler in college than you were!


I wonder if knowing you people makes me less cool, as I am currently in college. Like there's some sort of black hole that my coolness is being sucked into. I doubt it. People at my school make think I'm odd, but I listen to much better music than they do, a fair amount of which I learned about on here.

TOUAMB- IT'S ABOUT EDUCATION.
Title: 1/11/05...Bless the baby Angel (wombat's demand)
Post by: jough on January 12, 2005, 09:20:57 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"

TOUAMB- IT'S ABOUT EDUCATION.


Education. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01282002)
Title: 1/11/05...Bless the baby Angel (wombat's demand)
Post by: Nabubrush on January 13, 2005, 12:36:17 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
I wonder if knowing you people makes me less cool, as I am currently in college. Like there's some sort of black hole that my coolness is being sucked into. I doubt it. People at my school make think I'm odd, but I listen to much better music than they do, a fair amount of which I learned about on here.

TOUAMB- IT'S ABOUT EDUCATION.


People at your school can sense you getting less cool every time you come to this site.