The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Anonymous on January 12, 2005, 09:35:55 am
-
So, todd is back and he's fat.
Bein' Fat Rocks!
-
Cool strip. I like the toilet party motif.
And, yay, more inventive swears coutesy of Todd.
Being fat does not rock though. I'm with Beef on this.
-
I had always figured that if I ever went to prison it would be an excellent opportunity for weight loss.
-
Also, District is back and he still dislikes Jough's smarmy-comic-book-guy-from-the-simpson's-attitude.
Did you spell your username wrong or is there some sort of union of similarly-named Jough-haters of which we should be aware?
-
Cool strip. I like the toilet party motif.
To celebrate the leitmotif of toiletry, I shall forego the Scandinavian music video and instead relate to you a true moment in my life:
(http://www.bobbyisosceles.com/images/firetoilet.jpg)
Yes, this is what happens when you put a bottle of grain alcohol into a toilet and set it on fire. Ronsonol/Zippo fluid makes for bigger flames but it leaves carbon marks on the porcelain.
-
Ray has a huge bathroom. And I'm a little surprised that he doesn't have some fancy ergonomic $2,000 toilet or something.
-
Also, District is back and he still dislikes Jough's smarmy-comic-book-guy-from-the-simpson's-attitude.
Discuss.
Do you think it is Rad to be an attention whore?
-
Always glad to see Todd. Wonder what he was in the joint for.
I'm just making sure, but does eight hundo= Olde English 800?
-
Also, District is back and he still dislikes Jough's smarmy-comic-book-guy-from-the-simpson's-attitude.
Discuss.
Do you think it is Rad to be an attention whore?
With an apparent inability to spell one's own name?
-
A picture of a toilet getting burninated
I assume you can extinguish the flames simply by flushing, no? Or does a portion of the booze continue to float atop the water?
-
Yes, this is what happens when you put a bottle of grain alcohol into a toilet and set it on fire. Ronsonol/Zippo fluid makes for bigger flames but it leaves carbon marks on the porcelain.
My suitemates and I conducted a whole series of experiments along this line while living in the dorms in college. These were performed on a urinal rather than a commode, but the concept was quite similar.
Our tests involved Ronsonol/Zippo lighter fluid (with which we also performed other flammability tests*), acetone and methyl ethyl ketone. A roommate whose work/study job was in the chem lab was helpful in acquiring these test materials.
Our results concured with the Isosceles studies as regards lighter fluids. As I recall (these experiements were conducted approximately 20 years ago, so memory may not exactly serve), the lighter fluid left light to moderate carbon residue on the urinal. This carbon residue wiped off easily.
The flaming acetone test resulted in heavier carbon residue. This residue was also easily wiped off.
The methyl ethyl ketone test gave the most dramatic results. It produced a very heavy carbon coating over the entire urinal. This resulted in an entirely flat black urinal, which result we referred to as the "Negative Urinal". Further, the carbon residue proved to be highly resilient and the expirimenter's initial efforts to remove it proved unsucessful. We were unable to undertake further efforts to remove this carbon residue because time constraints prevented further efforts at that time. Upon our return, we discovered that the urinal had either been cleaned or replaced by the custodial staff.
* If you are interested in reports of any of the following studies, please contact the poster:
Study 1 -- The effects of Ronsonol/Zippo Lighter Fluid upon various makes and model of paper airplanes thrown from a third floor balcony.
Study 2 -- The effects of Ronsonol/Zippo Lighter Fluid upon a roll of toilet paper thrown from a third floor balcony onto a second floor balcony.
Study 3 -- The effects of Ronsonol/Zippo Lighter Fluid upon a roommate when squirted into bathroom floor grout and thereby channelled under the stall wall and lit.
You may also be interested in the Clogged Sink of Nastiness experiments, the Bottle Rocket trials and/or the Garbage Can Half Full of Water protocols.
-
A picture of a toilet getting burninated
I assume you can extinguish the flames simply by flushing, no? Or does a portion of the booze continue to float atop the water?
The booze floats but the centripetal acceleration of the water spiraling into the drain causes the island of flame to contract more and more, like a constricting pupil of flame. Please note the similarity of the flaming toilet to Sauron's Eye and you can see what the effect will be.
The flames may be extinguished by plopping the lid down, however, extinguishing the oxygen source.
-
Yes, this is what happens when you put a bottle of grain alcohol into a toilet and set it on fire. Ronsonol/Zippo fluid makes for bigger flames but it leaves carbon marks on the porcelain.
My suitemates and I conducted a whole series of experiments along this line while living in the dorms in college. These were performed on a urinal rather than a commode, but the concept was quite similar.
Our tests involved Ronsonol/Zippo lighter fluid (with which we also performed other flammability tests*), acetone and methyl ethyl ketone. A roommate whose work/study job was in the chem lab was helpful in acquiring these test materials.
Our results concured with the Isosceles studies as regards lighter fluids. As I recall (these experiements were conducted approximately 20 years ago, so memory may not exactly serve), the lighter fluid left light to moderate carbon residue on the urinal. This carbon residue wiped off easily.
The flaming acetone test resulted in heavier carbon residue. This residue was also easily wiped off.
The methyl ethyl ketone test gave the most dramatic results. It produced a very heavy carbon coating over the entire urinal. This resulted in an entirely flat black urinal, which result we referred to as the "Negative Urinal". Further, the carbon residue proved to be highly resilient and the expirimenter's initial efforts to remove it proved unsucessful. We were unable to undertake further efforts to remove this carbon residue because time constraints prevented further efforts at that time. Upon our return, we discovered that the urinal had either been cleaned or replaced by the custodial staff.
* If you are interested in reports of any of the following studies, please contact the poster:
Study 1 -- The effects of Ronsonol/Zippo Lighter Fluid upon various makes and model of paper airplanes thrown from a third floor balcony.
Study 2 -- The effects of Ronsonol/Zippo Lighter Fluid upon a roll of toilet paper thrown from a third floor balcony onto a second floor balcony.
Study 3 -- The effects of Ronsonol/Zippo Lighter Fluid upon a roommate when squirted into bathroom floor grout and thereby channelled under the stall wall and lit.
You may also be interested in the Clogged Sink of Nastiness experiments, the Bottle Rocket trials and/or the Garbage Can Half Full of Water protocols.
I am interested in hearing more.in these mad science experiments. I will share the results of corundum-encrusting a silver-plated goblets, and resurrecting crickets from the dead with a violet wand.
-
I read today's strip before yesterday's and was a little bit sad to realize there was some context for the Toilet Party.
-
On an unrelated but hilarious note:
The International Morse Code Preservation Society (http://www.fists.org) has THE WORST slogan on earth: (via lore)
(http://www.elder-gods.org/~mfarah/fistsSplash1.jpg)
-
The methyl ethyl ketone test gave the most dramatic results. It produced a very heavy carbon coating over the entire urinal. This resulted in an entirely flat black urinal, which result we referred to as the "Negative Urinal". Further, the carbon residue proved to be highly resilient and the expirimenter's initial efforts to remove it proved unsucessful. We were unable to undertake further efforts to remove this carbon residue because time constraints prevented further efforts at that time. Upon our return, we discovered that the urinal had either been cleaned or replaced by the custodial staff.
I am very sad inside that the Negative Urinal is gone. I wish it had remained to confuse future generations who would tell urban legends about its origins. Also, they would install blacklights in that bathroom.
-
Stoma screwing. :?
-
The methyl ethyl ketone test gave the most dramatic results. It produced a very heavy carbon coating over the entire urinal. This resulted in an entirely flat black urinal, which result we referred to as the "Negative Urinal". Further, the carbon residue proved to be highly resilient and the expirimenter's initial efforts to remove it proved unsucessful. We were unable to undertake further efforts to remove this carbon residue because time constraints prevented further efforts at that time. Upon our return, we discovered that the urinal had either been cleaned or replaced by the custodial staff.
I am very sad inside that the Negative Urinal is gone. I wish it had remained to confuse future generations who would tell urban legends about its origins. Also, they would install blacklights in that bathroom.
And you may not urinate, you may only drink. It is the negative bathroom!
Actually, I could TOTALLY see Ray doing that as a theme for a party. He'd decorate the kitchen like a negative bathroom, and instead of excreting, people would imbibe on photonegative toilet fixtures.
-
The methyl ethyl ketone test gave the most dramatic results. It produced a very heavy carbon coating over the entire urinal. This resulted in an entirely flat black urinal, which result we referred to as the "Negative Urinal".
Interesting. Many moons ago, I sold various substances to the military. One of them was a replacement for MEK. MEK is some of the nastiest shit on earth, no doubt, used for cleaning grease and oil off of the wings of fighter aircraft, among other things. But I was under the impression that it didn't burn very well, which was one of the benefits of using it.
It is curious for me to see this long held belief of mine firmly reversed by the course of dorm room science, which marches on ever more.
-
Would the Negative Bathroom party have to involve a carefully rigged-up bar setup as a counterpoint to the Bathroom For Drinking?
Also, I think this may be the raddest daily strip thread to not have anything to do with the strip ever. Ever ever ever.
-
Would the Negative Bathroom party have to involve a carefully rigged-up bar setup as a counterpoint to the Bathroom For Drinking?
Yes. And the people urinating must put little spouts on the end of their dong-diddly-dongs to meter exactly how much urine has passed through, and then after wiping themselves clean with a wet bar rag, deposit the value in rail liquor of the urine passed into the tip jar.
And a flaming toilet can be used to cook ground beef and lamb kebabs that look much like turds, but are seasoned with sumac and taste awesome.
Fuck, if Ray doesn't do this, I will.
-
Many moons ago, I sold various substances to the military.
Whoooooaaa. You can kill people with your bare hands, can't you?
Fuck, if Ray doesn't do this, I will.
Bobby, I know you're all excited about this, but I'm pretty sure it is a Bad Idea.
-
whoa whoa whoa, shouldn't Beef have said "hell of rough on your triglycerides"??
Stoma screwing crossed the line. Now my day is ruined.
-
Stoma screwing. :?
"Girlfriend" with a stoma, I know
I know - It's really serious. (http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~moz/lyrics/strangew/girlfrie.htm)
-
Also, District is back and he still dislikes Jough's smarmy-comic-book-guy-from-the-simpson's-attitude.
Discuss.
Do you think it is Rad to be an attention whore?
Yes.
No.
Well, ok. Let me explain.
1. I misspelled my name on purpose since district was banned. So, hence Distract.
2. I will from now on be a slightly productive member of this forum. I am sorry about my earlier incarnation. My roomies told me that being a forum troll was the worst form of life on the INTERNET and I agreed. Then they pointed to my activities on this forum and I was ashamed.
I still dislike Jough though. Why are you such a naysayer? STOP
Also, from now on, no more attention getting BS from me.
P.S. Bobby Isosceles, thanks for the swedish music video things. Much laughter has been spread about my apartment building because of them.
-
I wasn't sure what a "stoma" was so I googled it. Interestingly enough there was an ad for "Sexy Stoma Singles".
-
Stoma is an opening formed through surgery, like when someone gets a colonoscopy their shit-bag is attached to their stoma. Stoma- in Greek is the root for "mouth."
Essentially, 'stad is saying that in prison folks may cut someone with a shiv and then fuck the stoma.
-
Oh yeah, circumventing an admin ban just means that you'll get banned again, chumpy.
-
Oh yeah, circumventing an admin ban just means that you'll get banned again, snot-cock.
And to me, it appears that Ray also totally doesn't care that he's fat.
-
And to me, it appears that Ray also totally doesn't care that he's fat.
I was going to quote that one strip about how sour cream invented itsself, but I'm actually far too drunk. Be glad that I even wrote the above, instead of writing a dissertation on how wonderful each of my ex-girlfriends have smelled.
ARE YOU HAPPY?
I JUST WANNA KNOW IF YOU'RE HAPPY!
-
When did Todd go to prison?
-
I was going to quote that one strip about how sour cream invented itsself, but I'm actually far too drunk. Be glad that I even wrote the above, instead of writing a dissertation on how wonderful each of my ex-girlfriends have smelled.
ARE YOU HAPPY?
I JUST WANNA KNOW IF YOU'RE HAPPY!
hero
-
Stoma is an opening formed through surgery, like when someone gets a colonoscopy their shit-bag is attached to their stoma. Stoma- in Greek is the root for "mouth."
Essentially, 'stad is saying that in prison folks may cut someone with a shiv and then fuck the stoma.
Not to nitpick, but...ok, actually it is nitpicking.
I imagine that Onstad is referring to stoma of common usage...meaning the hole formed by a tracheotomy.
I'm not sure if screwing a stab wound or a trach is more disturbing.
-
Stoma is an opening formed through surgery, like when someone gets a colonoscopy their shit-bag is attached to their stoma. Stoma- in Greek is the root for "mouth."
Essentially, 'stad is saying that in prison folks may cut someone with a shiv and then fuck the stoma.
Not to nitpick, but...ok, actually it is nitpicking.
I imagine that Onstad is referring to stoma of common usage...meaning the hole formed by a tracheotomy.
I'm not sure if screwing a stab wound or a trach is more disturbing.
Screwing a Colostomy stoma is more disturbing.
-
Oh yeah, because it's common in prison for the "residents" to give each other tracheotomies.
-
Who says they're doing surgery on each other?
You, that's who.
-
This reminds of an old joke. Everyone at once with the punchline:
What do fat chicks and mopeds have in common?
-
This reminds of an old joke. Everyone at once with the punchline:
What do fat chicks and mopeds have in common?
Well I just had an Aqua Teen moment.
-
Stoma is an opening formed through surgery, like when someone gets a colonoscopy their shit-bag is attached to their stoma. Stoma- in Greek is the root for "mouth."
Essentially, 'stad is saying that in prison folks may cut someone with a shiv and then fuck the stoma.
Not to nitpick, but...ok, actually it is nitpicking.
I imagine that Onstad is referring to stoma of common usage...meaning the hole formed by a tracheotomy.
I'm not sure if screwing a stab wound or a trach is more disturbing.
Screwing a Colostomy stoma is more disturbing.
I could copy and paste a story a doctor aquaintance of mine told involving just that. The patient was a crack whore who needed the colostomy after being stabbed.
-
Oh it all just gets better and better. Every time I read any of this thread, I flash on that Richard Speck video.
-
Awesome, PST.
Also, Prison Baby is maybe the best band name ever.