The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Jimmy Kustes on January 16, 2005, 06:53:23 pm

Title: Fiery Furnaces
Post by: Jimmy Kustes on January 16, 2005, 06:53:23 pm
I checked out the Fiery Furnaces' Blueberry Boat and if you like the weird songs on Achewood radio, you might like them. I told Chris Onstad about it and don't know if he tried them out. Another weird one is Mc Paul Barman.
Title: Fiery Furnaces
Post by: Bozack on January 16, 2005, 07:11:11 pm
Yeah, I've got the old Fiery Furnaces, which is like having hot JOY poured into your ears.
Title: Fiery Furnaces
Post by: miles on January 16, 2005, 07:20:39 pm
I've never been able to get into the Fiery Furnaces, but I generally like Weird Rock.  I think it should be considered as a category within the general category of Rock music, like Hard Rock or Blues Rock or Country Rock.  My favorite Weird Rock album is Brainiac's Bonsai Superstar, with Emergency & I by The Dismemberment  Plan a (not so) close second.  I'm not familiar enough with FF to count them as Weird Rock, but some of what I've heard seems to qualify.

Built to Spill:  Time Trap, as bumper music on "On the Media," the NPR program, right now!  So cool!
Title: Fiery Furnaces
Post by: jough on January 16, 2005, 08:20:30 pm
Hi Jimmy,

Your sig was about 4x too large, so I helped you out.
Title: Fiery Furnaces
Post by: Nabubrush on January 16, 2005, 08:29:23 pm
When the ship is so tight, it floats better.
Title: Fiery Furnaces
Post by: Jimmy Kustes on January 17, 2005, 03:56:23 pm
"I don't know how the internet works."

True, that's a good thing
Title: Fiery Furnaces
Post by: old kentucky shark on January 17, 2005, 06:02:17 pm
I will come right out and admit that yes I am "into the Fiery Furnaces"
Title: Fiery Furnaces
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on January 17, 2005, 09:41:56 pm
I am ahead of the curve. (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=1165&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=furnaces)

A DEMAND FOR COOKIES IS PLACED.
Title: Fiery Furnaces
Post by: old kentucky shark on January 17, 2005, 10:24:07 pm
Uh, how in hell was it compared to Belle and Sebastian by upside down flag guy