The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: andalucia on January 18, 2005, 12:57:32 pm

Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: andalucia on January 18, 2005, 12:57:32 pm
This means a lot of party.
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: southworth813 on January 18, 2005, 01:07:45 pm
You know it's a good bathroom grillin' party when even your dead squirrel friends show up. This is a rule I live by every day.

Might this thread have been called, "Let me know if I shit myself. Excellent."?
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on January 18, 2005, 02:17:21 pm
Oh man if this is building up to "everybody shows up for a party in the bathroom and SURPRISE I'm ending the strip" I will be very angry indeed.

Otherwise, awesome.
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: southworth813 on January 18, 2005, 02:33:31 pm
Wow, that's exactly what I was thinking. It really feels like a "let's get together in the bathroom one last time before we all die" thing.
Title: I demand my satisfaction
Post by: revdj on January 18, 2005, 02:35:31 pm
Liebot SHOT ROAST BEEF!  How can they be so nice to the faux Uncle Culpepper?

I care too much, I know.
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: Golfhaus on January 18, 2005, 02:40:09 pm
Well, Ray's shot Roast Beef at least twice, and it doesn't seem to impact their friendship that much.

I'm just happy we're getting to see everyone. I was starting to miss some of these characters. I was sad and scared.
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: Turbo Ninja on January 18, 2005, 02:54:46 pm
Quote from: "Some Dudes"
I sure hope 'Stad doesn't kill everyone while they're in the bathrooom.


If the recent press reports are to be believed, Mr. Chris Onstad actually makes money off this thing (the strip, not this message board) and I don't think he'd derail the gravy train with a baby on the way.  You guys are some serious Negative Nellies.
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: MattFish on January 18, 2005, 02:57:47 pm
IT IS THE PARTY OF THE CENTURY, MAN.
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: mrchee on January 18, 2005, 03:35:12 pm
Am I the only one to think that the alt-text is the funniest thing since midgets?
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: Mantonio on January 18, 2005, 04:06:23 pm
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
IT IS THE PARTY OF THE CENTURY, MAN.


After reading LN's latest blog entry, I just hope nobody invites Kumar's dad.
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: southworth813 on January 18, 2005, 04:38:25 pm
Quote from: "mrchee"
Am I the only one to think that the alt-text is the funniest thing since midgets?


I am a midget and I find that offensive.
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: miles on January 18, 2005, 04:48:37 pm
Lyle, it is so good to see you, man.
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: V-Adore on January 18, 2005, 04:51:17 pm
Wow, this is like a celebration of all the characters I hadn't expected to see again for a while. I see Lyle is going back on the truly admirable bender, and it's good to see Blister recovered from the curing of all souls and all.

Also, there is no such thing as too much Liebot.
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: miles on January 18, 2005, 05:04:17 pm
Look at Teodor dance in panel two.  Go Teodor!

And where are the ex-cons?  Still talking shop?  Todd'll be excited to see Blister.
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: acoxcae on January 18, 2005, 05:04:39 pm
You know, I was just thinking the other day, as I was trolling through the archives trying to find some favorite candidates for glossy signature reception, that I hadn't seen nearly enough Vlad or Liebot to keep me sane and well-adjusted.  Now, at last I know what that creeping feeling of unease has been for the last several months.

MORE VLAD

/i am just thinkink

acoxcae
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: Formica on January 18, 2005, 05:07:05 pm
Téodor getting down in the second panel is awesome.

Considering that Lyle has often been seen with a bottle of whiskey in his hand and is an acknowledged alcoholic, the amount he must've consumed to actually make him stagger is nothing short of astounding.

Also, Blister.
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: Turbo Ninja on January 18, 2005, 05:10:53 pm
It is always good to be sqatting next to the blue toilet water.
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: CortJstr on January 18, 2005, 05:33:18 pm
Damn. Just damn. All the good comments have been taken re: Teodor's dancce of awesome, Andy's shelfness, and, of course, "Excellent."
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: acoxcae on January 18, 2005, 05:33:42 pm
Oh man, I just had an eerie premonition that Lyle may ruin the whole point of this party.  If that water's not blue, there will be hell of fighting.

acoxcae
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: Skillator on January 18, 2005, 05:36:51 pm
Quote from: "Formica"

Considering that Lyle has often been seen with a bottle of whiskey in his hand and is an acknowledged alcoholic, the amount he must've consumed to actually make him stagger is nothing short of astounding.



Lyle has been drinking since his plane took off from Scotland. He better be drunk as hell by now. I really hope there is at least one opportunity for Liebot to have a great line.
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: Bozack on January 18, 2005, 05:40:09 pm
Remember the last big party?

"Flod? Is Philippe there?"

That's what we need! Philippe's mom!
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: jough on January 18, 2005, 05:43:17 pm
Onstad's not going to end the strip - that would mean he'd have to get real work, and I think we all know that's not going to happen.

YOU ARE JUST LOOKING FOR SIGNS OF PORTENT, BUT ACHEWOOD IS NOT TEA LEAVES
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: southworth813 on January 18, 2005, 05:59:14 pm
I was just saying the situation is reminiscient of the classic sitcom tradition of getting every single character that has ever been on the show together for the last episode, ala "Seinfeld". Obviously Achewood is not going anywhere. Anywhere but UP, that is.

*rimshot*
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: slink on January 18, 2005, 06:59:43 pm
Quote from: "southworth813"
I was just saying the situation is reminiscient of the classic sitcom tradition of getting every single character that has ever been on the show together for the last episode, ala "Seinfeld". Obviously Achewood is not going anywhere. Anywhere but UP, that is.

*rimshot*


Mmmmmm. Cheese.
Certainly, this has happened before in Achewood. So I have no fear.
But it is good to see the bots again. And Lyle back. I always liked Lyle, but he was never a favourite, but his absence has shown me I like him more than I though.
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: Gimpson on January 18, 2005, 07:04:10 pm
Is this the first party we've seen at Ray's house?  I know this isn't the most elaborate theme party he's thrown, but is this the first one we've seen?
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: Skillator on January 18, 2005, 07:15:13 pm
nope:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06142002

but it's the biggest we've seen at his house.
[/url]
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: Steve Hogan on January 18, 2005, 07:53:45 pm
Chris needs to show up and pick up Ray inappropriately again.
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: Nabubrush on January 18, 2005, 09:31:56 pm
I sort of wish that Lyle had been there for those miscellaneous comic characters from yesterday. Still, this is just full of potential hilarity.
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: Noah on January 19, 2005, 04:23:17 am
has vlad always had a gut or is this a new thing? it's the first time i've noticed it.
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: V-Adore on January 19, 2005, 04:28:03 am
I believe that Vlad has always had a gut. He seems to be intentionally quite seedy in design -- you know, like all of those "make-out kings" of our acquaintance.

The real question: how does a r0-b0t get a beer gut? Too much electricity?
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: CortJstr on January 19, 2005, 03:19:39 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I believe that Vlad has always had a gut. He seems to be intentionally quite seedy in design -- you know, like all of those "make-out kings" of our acquaintance.

The real question: how does a r0-b0t get a beer gut? Too much electricity?

That is where he keeps his dedicated make-out processor and dedicated RAM. Not to mention extra drives containing records of all known techniques. The bot is dedicated to his craft.
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: Lane on January 19, 2005, 04:27:32 pm
Since no one has yet given Three-Bottle Andy his props, allow me to do so here.

Proper.
Title: Jan 18/04 - HEY MAN
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 20, 2005, 04:17:40 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I believe that Vlad has always had a gut. He seems to be intentionally quite seedy in design -- you know, like all of those "make-out kings" of our acquaintance.

The real question: how does a r0-b0t get a beer gut? Too much electricity?

That is where he keeps his dedicated make-out processor and dedicated RAM. Not to mention extra drives containing records of all known techniques. The bot is dedicated to his craft.


My dedicated ram is connected to my make out processor. I'm doing a fair job of getting rid of the gut, though.