The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Limmo on January 24, 2005, 09:19:19 pm

Title: Blogs as of January 24
Post by: Limmo on January 24, 2005, 09:19:19 pm
Sometimes I want to drop something heavy on Little Nephew's head.  Just a little.
Title: Re: Blogs as of January 24
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 24, 2005, 09:23:21 pm
Quote from: "Limmo"
Sometimes I want to drop something heavy on Little Nephew's head.  Just a little.


This isn't the Flintstones, man. Doing it twice won't undo the damage.
Title: Blogs as of January 24
Post by: V-Adore on January 26, 2005, 11:18:31 am
Man, you know what gets me about Ray's latest post? He's so worked up about bowel-ular diagnosis, and he fails to realize that his is about the most obvious thing ever. ("Q: My bowel movements are all bright pink and perfectly cylindrical. What does this mean?" "A: It means you should stop eating antacids and only antacids, you tard.")
Title: Blogs as of January 24
Post by: Gimpson on January 26, 2005, 10:10:14 pm
I hate the Car Tax.  Of course, I don't live in California, so I suppose I should be grateful.
Title: Blogs as of January 24
Post by: AugustWest on January 27, 2005, 01:44:03 am
[pedantry]It would seem that Chris doesn't know what a haiku is.[/pedantry]
Title: Blogs as of January 24
Post by: Mantonio on January 27, 2005, 04:50:37 am
Well, looks like that Lloyd Dobler thing backfired. Way to go Beef, indeed.
Title: Blogs as of January 24
Post by: CortJstr on January 27, 2005, 02:08:20 pm
Guacamole? At Subway?
Title: Blogs as of January 24
Post by: Emergent_C on January 27, 2005, 02:43:50 pm
I just don't see how Beef and Molly could ever work out. They're just too different. She should be with Ray. But maybe I say that because I have a shameful, pathetic crush on a wealthy, carousing cartoon cat.
Title: Blogs as of January 24
Post by: CortJstr on January 27, 2005, 05:28:26 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Oh, and in Cali you can get guacamole on everything anywhere.  Even the hookers keep a tub around for special clients.

Maybe it's a trade-off. Like in CA you can get guac almost everywhere but if you ask for Old Bay they look at you like you're nuts.
Title: Blogs as of January 24
Post by: ferocious j on January 27, 2005, 08:13:29 pm
This is why I can get guacamole on the inside of my burrito and on my chips, but I keep a container of Old Bay at home.

Now you guys have got me wondering whether Old Bay on a carne asada burrito with refried black beans and guacamole would be good or not.
Title: Blogs as of January 24
Post by: CortJstr on January 27, 2005, 08:55:07 pm
Quote from: "ferocious j"
This is why I can get guacamole on the inside of my burrito and on my chips, but I keep a container of Old Bay at home.

What about fries? I don't know about CA, but around here "our specially seasoned french fries" translates into "instead of salt we dump a handful of Old Bay on our fries." And there is much rejoicing.
Title: Blogs as of January 24
Post by: St_Zartan on January 27, 2005, 09:24:31 pm
(http://members.aol.com/carpy1/bb/Bb_scr2.gif)
TRY THE SEASONED CURLY FRIES
Title: Blogs as of January 24
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 27, 2005, 10:45:17 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "ferocious j"
This is why I can get guacamole on the inside of my burrito and on my chips, but I keep a container of Old Bay at home.

What about fries? I don't know about CA, but around here "our specially seasoned french fries" translates into "instead of salt we dump a handful of Old Bay on our fries." And there is much rejoicing.


Dude I put Old Bay on EVERYTHING.
Title: Blogs as of January 24
Post by: yahnai on January 27, 2005, 11:08:41 pm
What the frik is Old Bay?

Whatever happened to salt and pepper... and maybe a little bit of paprika?  A fresh sprig of oregano?  Some thyme and rosemary?  If I wanted a "spice blend" I'd hit up the fines herbes.

You epicures and your zany brands of spice.
Title: Blogs as of January 24
Post by: St_Zartan on January 27, 2005, 11:15:16 pm
Quote from: "yahnai"
You epicures and your zany brands of spice.


Just wait until I crack open the vaults and dust off a bottle of a little-known compound we epicures call "Mrs. Dash" - it will blow your freaking mind.
Title: Blogs as of January 24
Post by: CortJstr on January 27, 2005, 11:41:02 pm
Don't be badmouthing Old Bay. It's illegal to comsume peel+eat shrimp without it. Plus it's the only spice blend that's Alton approved.
Title: Blogs as of January 24
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 28, 2005, 12:20:37 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Don't be badmouthing Old Bay. It's illegal to comsume peel+eat shrimp without it. Plus it's the only spice blend that's Alton approved.


Old co-worker of mine had a father who emigrated to the U.S. and worked for a while in Baltimore (this was in the early  60's). He worked for McCormick's. At the time, Old Bay was the floor sweepings of all the other spices that settled on the factory floor. Now, obviously, it's more regulated and actually has a recipe. We hope.
Title: Blogs as of January 24
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 28, 2005, 12:23:50 am
Quote from: "yahnai"
What the frik is Old Bay?


YOU GODLESS COUCHFUCK.
Title: Blogs as of January 24
Post by: yahnai on January 28, 2005, 12:47:33 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "yahnai"
What the frik is Old Bay?


YOU GODLESS COUCHFUCK.


Godless, yes, but "couchfuck?"  The mental image is intriguing.  Is that normally a verb?  I picture a zit-faced teenybopper dry humping a couch in his parent's basement.  I just say, I am nothing of the sort.

I usually eat my shrimp (or "prawns" as we call them in San Francisco) either pan/wok fried with salt and pepper, or grilled with a mojo de ajo (garlic, lime, butter) sauce.  It's quite good if you can get the garlic to roast and sweeten from the grilling without overcooking the prawns.  This "Old Bay" exotica is something I have not experienced.  I take it you guys are recommending it on shellgiraffe?

I've been known to pull crabs out of the Pacific, and I'm wondering if using "Old Bay" might be a new seasoning for them.  I've been recently re-introduced to Singapore-style "chili crab" which is a conoction of crab covered in a southeast asian chili paste, whole black peppercorns, and egg.  It's quite good.  Those Singporeans have some phenominal seafood.  

Uh... I should be finishing the freelance marketing copy I'm supposed to write this afternoon, but I'm posting on the Achewood message board.  Jesus.   Need to concentrate...  Damn you internet....
Title: Blogs as of January 24
Post by: yahnai on January 28, 2005, 01:01:22 am
You know, tho, I lived in DC one summer in college, right?  I remember having to work when my ex-girlfriend and her buddy drove to Maryland to eat buckets of prawns and drink beer on the beach one afternoon.  I recall being jealous that I was missing out on an east coast flavor experience.

Then again, if I had eaten a bucket of shrimp and bunch of Schlitz (or whatever piss they drink on the East Coast), my shits would probably be as interesting in color and texture as Ray's post-Korean toilet debacle.
Title: Blogs as of January 24
Post by: CortJstr on January 28, 2005, 01:56:51 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
YOU GODLESS COUCHFUCK.

Lore (http://www.bandwidththeater.com/kitchenfloor.html) reference noted (http://slumbering.lunggiraffe.com/index.php?p=couchfuck.1104948574).

Quote from: "yahnai"
You know, tho, I lived in DC one summer in college, right?  I remember having to work when my ex-girlfriend and her buddy drove to Maryland to eat buckets of prawns and drink beer on the beach one afternoon.  I recall being jealous that I was missing out on an east coast flavor experience.

Then again, if I had eaten a bucket of shrimp and bunch of Schlitz (or whatever piss they drink on the East Coast), my shits would probably be as interesting in color and texture as Ray's post-Korean toilet debacle.

If it's really an east coast flavor experience you want skip the shrimp and get yourself some crabs for picking.

As for the piss, I believe Natty Boh (http://images.google.com/images?q=national+bohemian&hl=en&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0) is what you're looking for.
Title: Blogs as of January 24
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 28, 2005, 02:49:47 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
YOU GODLESS COUCHFUCK.

Lore (http://www.bandwidththeater.com/kitchenfloor.html) reference noted (http://slumbering.lunggiraffe.com/index.php?p=couchfuck.1104948574).


Lore and Old Bay. A winning combination.
Title: Blogs as of January 24
Post by: yahnai on January 28, 2005, 05:18:36 am
Quality.  Two clicks and I get detailed, illustrated instructions on how to manufacture artificial pu$$ys.
Title: Blogs as of January 24
Post by: CortJstr on January 28, 2005, 02:16:45 pm
Quote from: "yahnai"
Quality.  Two clicks and I get detailed, illustrated instructions on how to manufacture artificial pu$$ys.

If the internet has another purpose then I don't want to know what it is.

Also, RSS readers are awesome because I got to see Lyle's current post side-by-side with his "ensconced elsewhere" post and it was a fun comparison.
Title: Blogs as of January 24
Post by: Mantonio on January 28, 2005, 06:41:35 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "yahnai"
Quality.  Two clicks and I get detailed, illustrated instructions on how to manufacture artificial pu$$ys.

If the internet has another purpose then I don't want to know what it is.

Also, RSS readers are awesome because I got to see Lyle's current post side-by-side with his "ensconced elsewhere" post and it was a fun comparison.


Yea, I noticed that too. One might say that Lyle is back!