The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Turbo Ninja on January 25, 2005, 10:13:12 pm

Title: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
Post by: Turbo Ninja on January 25, 2005, 10:13:12 pm
Why is Nice Pete writing Bible fan fiction instead of working on his blog?

How's that for some constructive criticism?

Maybe this is a thinly-disguised reference to us.  We're Blister, Chris is Nice Pete.  

We're all "MORE BLISTER" and he's all "Are you saying you don't like 'Achewood?'"  Nice Pete is going to do to Blister what Chris Onstad wants to do to YOU.
Title: Re: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
Post by: yahnai on January 25, 2005, 10:16:23 pm
"Bible fan fiction" is a pretty funny idea.   I think I'm going to hit up Gooooogle to see if I can find any.
Title: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
Post by: Huge Uncut Asian Jerkboy on January 25, 2005, 10:19:21 pm
Why would nice pete read something so extremely private to someone he doesn't know so well? I guess it's probably his "condition" that urges him on. I want to see him play basketball against blister.
Title: Re: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
Post by: yahnai on January 25, 2005, 10:21:37 pm
Quote from: "yahnai"
"Bible fan fiction" is a pretty funny idea.   I think I'm going to hit up Gooooogle to see if I can find any.


Um, ok.  Bible fan fiction isn't nearly as funny as I thought it would be.  It's kind of like Pete's stuff.  I found a jewel where a little girl goes to hell on "judgement day" because she was raped by people speaking "Mexican." And people who aren't virgins on their wedding days go to hell, you know.  And then it gets weirder.  Mmmm.  Judgementlicious.

(Maybe NWS:) http://www.fanfiction.net/list.php?p=1&s=1&g=0&cr=14&l=1&len=0&c=700&pt=0
Title: Re: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
Post by: CortJstr on January 25, 2005, 10:54:51 pm
Quote from: "yahnai"
"Bible fan fiction" is a pretty funny idea.   I think I'm going to hit up Gooooogle to see if I can find any.

As if there was every any doubt.

I like how NP appears to be choking on his own rage.
Title: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
Post by: Karva on January 25, 2005, 10:56:01 pm
Isn't the entire Mormon religion considered Bible fan-fiction?
Title: Re: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
Post by: andalucia on January 25, 2005, 11:07:48 pm
Quote from: "yahnai"
Quote from: "yahnai"
"Bible fan fiction" is a pretty funny idea.   I think I'm going to hit up Gooooogle to see if I can find any.


Um, ok.  Bible fan fiction isn't nearly as funny as I thought it would be.  It's kind of like Pete's stuff.  I found a jewel where a little girl goes to hell on "judgement day" because she was raped by people speaking "Mexican." And people who aren't virgins on their wedding days go to hell, you know.  And then it gets weirder.  Mmmm.  Judgementlicious.

(Maybe NWS:) http://www.fanfiction.net/list.php?p=1&s=1&g=0&cr=14&l=1&len=0&c=700&pt=0


Wow... sounds like Jack Chick, but more so, which I would have thought was nigh on impossible.

This is a great strip though.  I like the idea of already being dead so one can make fun of the mentally unstable with some sort of impunity.
Title: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
Post by: Jimmy Kustes on January 25, 2005, 11:41:40 pm
I actually made a joke about Bible fan fiction in my bio  (http://www.likeanepisodeof.com/cartooninfo.htm)

"I got my start chiseling rocks that depicted the Virgin Mary with Japanese tentacle monsters..."
Title: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
Post by: V-Adore on January 26, 2005, 12:27:38 am
Most of the apocrypha could be classified as "Bible fan fiction," and some of it even follows fanfictional tropes -- there's a fairly large body of apocrypha that basically amounts to Jesus slash fanfic, frex.

My question: what can Nice Pete possibly do to Blister? Blister is, after all, already dead. Also, wouldn't Blister know more about God than NP? He has hung out with Him and all.
Title: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on January 26, 2005, 12:45:27 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"

My question: what can Nice Pete possibly do to Blister? Blister is, after all, already dead. Also, wouldn't Blister know more about God than NP? He has hung out with Him and all.


That's why Pete just looks really pissed off  and irritatedhere, instead of his usual crazy blank look.  A dead guy can give him shit and he just has to take it. Remember: killers are the ultimate control freaks. Or something.
Title: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 26, 2005, 12:48:55 am
For a competition for Something Awful Photoshop Phridays once I made this image (the theme was magazines or something):

(http://www.bobbyisosceles.com/images/slashfic.jpg)

I much preferred this though:

(http://www.bobbyisosceles.com/images/gastronomicon.jpg)

And no, you can't have Cthulhu fan fiction because the Cthulhu/Hyborian mythos is open to all.
Title: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
Post by: wombat on January 26, 2005, 01:01:54 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

products of Bobby's deranged psyche


Remind me that if Bobby ever does invite us all over to watch a movie (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=1644&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=50),  that I am very, very busy that day.
Title: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 26, 2005, 01:05:17 am
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

products of Bobby's deranged psyche


Remind me that if Bobby ever does invite us all over to watch a movie (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=1644&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=50),  that I am very, very busy that day.


But you'd miss out on Meet the Feebles!
Title: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
Post by: Formica on January 26, 2005, 03:24:47 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "wombat"
Remind me that if Bobby ever does invite us all over to watch a movie (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=1644&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=50),  that I am very, very busy that day.

But you'd miss out on Meet the Feebles!

I kind of assumed it'd be deteriorated VHS recordings of Fraggle Rock, followed by sesame sticks and organic grape juice for a refreshing holistic sustenance break.
Title: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 26, 2005, 03:29:05 pm
Quote from: "Formica"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "wombat"
Remind me that if Bobby ever does invite us all over to watch a movie (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=1644&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=50),  that I am very, very busy that day.

But you'd miss out on Meet the Feebles!

I kind of assumed it'd be deteriorated VHS recordings of Fraggle Rock, followed by sesame sticks and organic grape juice for a refreshing holistic sustenance break.


I will seriously make carob-covered prunes.
Title: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
Post by: Formica on January 26, 2005, 03:32:18 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "Formica"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "wombat"
Remind me that if Bobby ever does invite us all over to watch a movie (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=1644&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=50),  that I am very, very busy that day.

But you'd miss out on Meet the Feebles!

I kind of assumed it'd be deteriorated VHS recordings of Fraggle Rock, followed by sesame sticks and organic grape juice for a refreshing holistic sustenance break.


I will seriously make carob-covered prunes.

You'll need to change your location to Carob City, DC then. Also, I wasn't going to go there. Initiate shame protocol
Title: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 26, 2005, 03:40:16 pm
Quote from: "Formica"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "Formica"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "wombat"
Remind me that if Bobby ever does invite us all over to watch a movie (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=1644&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=50),  that I am very, very busy that day.

But you'd miss out on Meet the Feebles!

I kind of assumed it'd be deteriorated VHS recordings of Fraggle Rock, followed by sesame sticks and organic grape juice for a refreshing holistic sustenance break.


I will seriously make carob-covered prunes.

You'll need to change your location to Carob City, DC then. Also, I wasn't going to go there. Initiate shame protocol


So it has been done.
Only take one!
Title: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
Post by: side_show on January 26, 2005, 05:23:19 pm
clearly this thread should've been titles "tickle harvest."

That is all.
Title: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
Post by: Turbo Ninja on January 26, 2005, 06:27:04 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
clearly this thread should've been titles "tickle harvest."

That is all.


"Clearly?"

FUNNY I NEVER FELT THAT WAS MISSING FROM THE ORIGINAL.

Did you miss yesterday's strip?
Title: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
Post by: Ben-San on January 26, 2005, 08:37:19 pm
Modern Bible fanfiction is mostly pretty boring stuff. Either it's poorly-written porn written mainly to SHOCK PEOPLE WITH ITS EDGINESS or it's people with no writing ability trying to write parables like lead brownies. Marginally more interesting is specifically-Christian fanfiction for other works, such as "Christian Youth Pokemon trainers with hover-skateboards who are also Christian-rock stars fight Satanic dominatrix Pokemon trainers using Pikachu and sermons". Not that it's actually good, but it's at least unusual.
Title: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
Post by: Bozack on January 27, 2005, 02:21:37 am
Quote from: "Ben-San"
Not that it's actually good, but it's at least unusual.


And on the internet, that's the best you can hope for.