The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: AlohaDawg on February 03, 2005, 04:24:19 am

Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 03, 2005, 04:24:19 am
For those of you whose experience with newborn babies is limited to sitcoms and/or afterschool specials, the following image may not be for you:

Sarah  (http://fourcatsinabag.blogspot.com/Sara%2002-02%20007.jpg)


This is Sarah at about 15 minutes into her life.

Everything went fine, our pastor stopped by at 1:00 pm and Elinor was having contractions. Sarah was born at 1:32 after about 15 pushes.

She (Elinor)  had to get some stitches and stuff (you really don't want to hear about the damage)  but she's in good shape and we should be going home Friday.

Sarah came in at 6 lbs, 3 oz and 19 1/2" long.

Sarah and Elinor (http://fourcatsinabag.blogspot.com/Sara%2002-02%20009.jpg)


***Also I tried to post these as pictures but they were so huge, twice as wide as the board. If a mod could fix that and disply images instead of links, that would be keen.
Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: V-Adore on February 03, 2005, 04:27:45 am
Congratulations! I do not have extensive experience with newborn, but Sarah looks lovely. Best wishes to all of you.
Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: AugustWest on February 03, 2005, 04:35:03 am
Happy Happy! Joy Joy!  

She's beautiful, Dawg.  She has long fingers and toes!

Now you need to get her a puppy.  PM me about shipping arrangements.
Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: andalucia on February 03, 2005, 04:56:03 am
Yaaay infant!

And infant associates!
Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: St_Zartan on February 03, 2005, 05:10:25 am
That is terrific.

I was in quiet admiration of your unflappable cool in the face of impending parenthood - "ours is coming tomorrow", he modestly added to an unrelated thread - and, well, you're blessed with a beautiful daughter; those photos are grin-worthy.

Congratulations.
Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: jough on February 03, 2005, 06:23:23 am
I suppose I didn't take the "ours is coming tomorrow" literally.

Wow.  Congrats, Dawg.  A blessing on your family.
Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 03, 2005, 07:12:29 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Happy Happy! Joy Joy!  

She's beautiful, Dawg.  She has long fingers and toes!

Now you need to get her a puppy.  PM me about shipping arrangements.


Yeah, her big sister is the same way - like a pianist. Rebecca tended to be 100 percentile for height and 70th percentile for weight, just long and lean.

We are considering a puppy but since Hawaii is a rabies free island, there are these real stringent veterinary and quarantine requirements. We love beagles though.
Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: Ben-San on February 03, 2005, 09:12:49 am
You have got a fine little micro-humanoid there.
Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: wombat on February 03, 2005, 12:23:43 pm
I love it that Elinor is talking on a cell phone in that picture.  The perfect 21st century birthing experience.

By the way where are the puppy pictures?
Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: slink on February 03, 2005, 12:50:28 pm
Congrats, D, indeed.
I can't say I know much about babies, but she sure looks like one, and that has to be a good start!
I should become a doctor for sure, eh?
Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: AugustWest on February 03, 2005, 02:15:53 pm
Elinor looks surprisingly like Mrs. West.
Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: Limmo on February 03, 2005, 03:47:20 pm
Look at the feet on that kid!  Hee!

Congratulations, Jason & Elinor!
Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: jay-ell on February 03, 2005, 05:06:53 pm
Congrats, congrats, how wonderful!  I can hardly stand it.  Of my three real-life pregnant friends, I'm due first, so I'm glad I get to celebrate with you guys while I still retain my mental faculties.  My other friends likely won't have that luxury.  

She's gorgeous.  Takes after her father, I'm sure ;)
Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: arkabee on February 03, 2005, 08:10:07 pm
happy birthday sarah!
Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: Bozack on February 03, 2005, 08:30:18 pm
Awww, congratssss!
Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: Pedro Picasso on February 03, 2005, 10:02:02 pm
She's beautiful.  A darling little stranger from another world.  Also, I adore you for counting 15 pushes.  That's awesome.


Edit: I can't post images, but I can ensmallen them.
Smaller Sara 7 (http://www.x-omega.com/stuff/acheheads/Sara.02-02.007.jpg)
Smaller Sara 9 (http://www.x-omega.com/stuff/acheheads/Sara.02-02.009.jpg)
Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 04, 2005, 08:48:12 am
Quote from: "Limmo"
Look at the feet on that kid!  Hee!

Congratulations, Jason & Elinor!


Yeah, interestingly everyone notices the fingers and the feet. We got a non-furry baby sasquatch over here. I figure she'll go 5'8 for sure, maybe more. Her sister was born at almost the identical size, and she's been at the 100th percentile for height almost her whole life. She'll be pretty tall too.

they would both rule at Karate with those large-bore weapons of hers.

Amusingly, Rebecca is only the 3rd tallest girl in her kindergarten (all non-asian blonde girls).  The charter school she goes too has a non-representative population for Hawaii schools.

So, tomorrow the girls come home for good and my chances of getting away with toilet seat and/or lid infractions steadily decreases until the littlest one is potty-trained at which point the odds line becomes asymptotic to the axis.

I'm thinking about making Steak Diane tomorrow night, to celebrate the homecoming and replace iron in the wife who took about 3d10 of damage in the process.

So if you haven't had steak diane, it's basically a seared steak with a wonderful sauce which is not terribly hard to make. I'll post a recipe over in an appropriate place and edit a link into this post. You gourmands should appreciate this recipe - not complex but it does take a little time and technique.

 Link to Recipe (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=33650#33650)
Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 04, 2005, 01:57:11 pm
Hi lil girl!  Can you say "hoadie?"  Say "hoadie!"
Congrats, Dawg.
Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: pmcd9 on February 04, 2005, 05:02:42 pm
Beautiful Child.

How about a picture of you and baby.  Let's get the whole family in the frame.

~Paul
Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: AugustWest on February 04, 2005, 05:29:37 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

So if you haven't had steak diane, it's basically a seared steak with a wonderful sauce which is not terribly hard to make.


Green peppercorns, right?  Good stuff.
Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: Pedro Picasso on February 04, 2005, 07:33:29 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
and replace iron in the wife who took about 3d10 of damage in the process.


If there was any real-life situation deserving of a saving throw, childbirth is it.
Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: Bozack on February 05, 2005, 01:04:30 am
your wife needs food!
Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 05, 2005, 01:24:14 am
Bozack, as I recall that game it always went:

Wizard needs Food.     Badly!
Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: Nabubrush on February 23, 2005, 02:35:12 am
Good on you and yours, Dawg!
Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: Va on March 02, 2005, 11:12:15 pm
Congratulations!  Sorry to hear you wife took damage.  I must have made my saving throw.
Title: Sarah KMr. Wonderfullani
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 02, 2005, 11:32:59 pm
I think the throw is against height and constitution and then mitigated by length of labor - she only labored 30 minutes.

She's almost ready to get back in the pool again, though, so everything seems to be doing fine.