The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: slink on February 03, 2005, 05:25:38 pm
-
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/03/technology/circuits/03chef.html?ex=1265086800&en=86bc342e2ce05d47&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt
Caught it on /. but it's just... He's so clearly insane!
-
"I tell them I want to make food float, I want to make it disappear, I want to make it reappear, I want to make the utensils edible, I want to make the plates, the table, the chairs edible," Mr. Cantu said, "I ask them, what do I need to do that?"
Yes. I definitely dig this guy.
-
"I tell them I want to make food float, I want to make it disappear, I want to make it reappear, I want to make the utensils edible, I want to make the plates, the table, the chairs edible," Mr. Cantu said, "I ask them, what do I need to do that?"
Yes. I definitely dig this guy.
You can even eat the dishes...
/The Candyman Can...
-
"I tell them I want to make food float, I want to make it disappear, I want to make it reappear, I want to make the utensils edible, I want to make the plates, the table, the chairs edible," Mr. Cantu said, "I ask them, what do I need to do that?"
Yes. I definitely dig this guy.
He's taking the concept of the bread bowl in scary new directions.
-
I guess I'm kind of snob but I like food to actually <be> food...I'm not interested in eating substances prepared by a printer and I don't really wonder what a painting tastes like.
I do like the ideas about using a laser to cook the inside of the tuna, and the inside out bread is certainly interesting from an artistic and science standpoint (how do you trap the moisture inside the bread when the crust is inside?) but I don't think I want to eat where the theatrics of the dining experience are the most important part - I still want high-quality food if I'm paying a lot for it.
I do appreciate innovation, though. He's got that in spades.
-
You could make a perfect steak this way - usually you have to guess at whether the inside is warm and pink - by cooking the inside first you'll know that the outside is still pink and juicy.
Genius!
-
I'm not exactly a leading gastronome, but I'm really fond of the idea of cooking things with lasers. The paper thing is a little weird, but I can respect it in a Willy Wonka sort of way. Sometimes scientific progress goes "boink!"
-
Sometimes scientific progress goes "boink!"
Truer words were never spoken.