The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: beetle on February 04, 2005, 03:24:49 am

Title: Text adventure
Post by: beetle on February 04, 2005, 03:24:49 am
Is the achewood text adventure still in the works?  I haven't seen any mention of it in over a year now.  Are you writing it yourself, Chris, or have you hired someone?

I am super excited by the idea of this project.
Title: Text adventure
Post by: V-Adore on February 04, 2005, 03:35:59 am
Never heard of this -- extensive Hiram the Blacksmith content, I presume?
Title: Re: Text adventure
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 04, 2005, 03:57:14 am
Quote from: "beetle"
Is the achewood text adventure still in the works?  I haven't seen any mention of it in over a year now.  Are you writing it yourself, Chris, or have you hired someone?

I am super excited by the idea of this project.


You are in a maze of twisty punchlines, all of them alike.

It is dark in here. You are likely to be criticized by a Jough.
Title: Re: Text adventure
Post by: CortJstr on February 04, 2005, 04:04:28 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "beetle"
Is the achewood text adventure still in the works?  I haven't seen any mention of it in over a year now.  Are you writing it yourself, Chris, or have you hired someone?

I am super excited by the idea of this project.

You are in a maze of twisty punchlines, all of them alike.

It is dark in here. You are likely to be criticized by a Jough.

I typed "xyzzy." Nothing. Nothing! (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12052001)
Title: Re: Text adventure
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 04, 2005, 04:07:25 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "beetle"
Is the achewood text adventure still in the works?  I haven't seen any mention of it in over a year now.  Are you writing it yourself, Chris, or have you hired someone?

I am super excited by the idea of this project.

You are in a maze of twisty punchlines, all of them alike.

It is dark in here. You are likely to be criticized by a Jough.

I typed "xyzzy." Nothing. Nothing! (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12052001)


Try "plugh."

yes, I'm that much of a geek.

Do you want your possessions identified? [ynq]
Title: Text adventure
Post by: beetle on February 04, 2005, 05:49:29 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Never heard of this -- extensive Hiram the Blacksmith content, I presume?


---428 Days Earlier---

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I would definitely play Zorkwood. Or Acheband.

But, well, if things go bad, you heard it here first: TOTAL SELLOUT OMG OMG OMG

(Will the Achewood text adventure feature Hiram the Blacksmith?)
Title: Text adventure
Post by: miles on February 04, 2005, 05:55:32 am
Quote from: "beetle"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Never heard of this -- extensive Hiram the Blacksmith content, I presume?


---428 Days Earlier---

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I would definitely play Zorkwood. Or Acheband.

But, well, if things go bad, you heard it here first: TOTAL SELLOUT OMG OMG OMG

(Will the Achewood text adventure feature Hiram the Blacksmith?)


Whoa.  A good memory or really obsessed with this text adventure.
Title: Text adventure
Post by: V-Adore on February 04, 2005, 05:59:41 am
Man, I just got CORTJST-SERV'D

Woe and pity is me!

Hell, at least I'm consistent.
Title: Text adventure
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 04, 2005, 06:01:52 am
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "beetle"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Never heard of this -- extensive Hiram the Blacksmith content, I presume?


---428 Days Earlier---

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I would definitely play Zorkwood. Or Acheband.

But, well, if things go bad, you heard it here first: TOTAL SELLOUT OMG OMG OMG

(Will the Achewood text adventure feature Hiram the Blacksmith?)


Whoa.  A good memory or really obsessed with this text adventure.


The housecat named Roast Beef attacks! --more--
The housecat named Pat attacks! --more--
The tiger named Lyle quaffs a potion! --more--
The tiger named Lyle seems confused. --more--
The large cat named Ray attacks! --more--
The large cat named Ray offers you a potion. --more--
This tastes like liquid fire! --more--
You die. --more--
Do you want your possessions identified?


|----------|
|.....d....|
|...@d.....+
|....d...j.|
|----------|
Title: Text adventure
Post by: miles on February 04, 2005, 06:11:15 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Man, I just got CORTJST-SERV'D

Woe and pity is me!

Hell, at least I'm consistent.


I hope CJ realizes how rad it is that his name is now a verb that is on par with "googled" among this crowd.

CJ, I salute you.
Title: Text adventure
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 04, 2005, 06:12:15 am
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Man, I just got CORTJST-SERV'D

Woe and pity is me!

Hell, at least I'm consistent.


I hope CJ realizes how rad it is that his name is now a verb that is on par with "googled" among this crowd.

CJ, I salute you.


I much prefer AbnrmlJstr as a verb.
Title: Text adventure
Post by: beetle on February 04, 2005, 06:16:02 am
Quote from: "miles"


Whoa.  A good memory or really obsessed with this text adventure.


Nah, I just searched the board before posting to make sure there wasn't a recent thread about it.
Title: Text adventure
Post by: jough on February 04, 2005, 07:18:47 am
A hollow voice says "Cretin."
Title: Text adventure
Post by: Ben-San on February 04, 2005, 07:33:55 am
Thread approved for Roguelike humor from a humor-like rogue.
Title: Text adventure
Post by: Chris Onstad on February 04, 2005, 09:30:15 am
Yes, my code guy has made an editor and I'll start piecing it together this spring/summer. The objective will be to get Lyle to dialysis despite many obstacles, and it will be impossible to win. There will be a hidden .bmp of Samantha Fox with a top on.
Title: Text adventure
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 04, 2005, 01:02:06 pm
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Yes, my code guy has made an editor and I'll start piecing it together this spring/summer. The objective will be to get Lyle to dialysis despite many obstacles, and it will be impossible to win. There will be a hidden .bmp of Samantha Fox with a top on.


Actually on that note, is it possible to detox quickly by having dialysis? Can one recreationallly dialyze to lower one's triglycerides and such? If so it may be rather cool to get a home dialysis machine and install a catheter. It would also cut down on the need to Pee, right? Why isn't it a solution for truckers who can't go to the bathroom? You could even have the dialysis machine hooked into the truck itself and have its pump driven by the fan belt.

Leopold von Integral: We Bring Good Things to Life. And Also Zombies.
Title: Text adventure
Post by: V-Adore on February 04, 2005, 01:05:44 pm
Text adventures that are actually impossible to win are totally non-rad. Text adventures that are merely fanking difficult to win, though, are wholly excellent.
Title: Text adventure
Post by: MSC on February 04, 2005, 03:31:07 pm
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
There will be a hidden .bmp of Samantha Fox with a top on.


You are really on an 80s kick.
Title: Text adventure
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 04, 2005, 03:32:37 pm
Quote from: "MSC"
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
There will be a hidden .bmp of Samantha Fox with a top on.


You are really on an 80s kick.


Did I post the link to the Pleasureman Gunther/Samantha Fox video here before? Bueller?
Title: Text adventure
Post by: arkabee on February 04, 2005, 07:14:13 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "MSC"
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
There will be a hidden .bmp of Samantha Fox with a top on.


You are really on an 80s kick.


Did I post the link to the Pleasureman Gunther/Samantha Fox video here before? Bueller?


yes.