The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on February 04, 2005, 05:02:31 am

Title: what... the .... f@#R
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 04, 2005, 05:02:31 am
"Now available are quality prints of my newest painting entitled "To Protect and to Rock" which depicts Steve Perry, former lead singer of Journey and defender of freedom and justice, as Robocop." (http://www.peachstapler.com/)

(http://img131.exs.cx/img131/3753/robocopsample5ot.jpg)
Title: what... the .... f@#R
Post by: AugustWest on February 04, 2005, 05:05:24 am
I like the way he's lovin', touchin' and squeezin' that mike.
Title: what... the .... f@#R
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 04, 2005, 05:10:03 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I like the way he's lovin', touchin' and squeezin' that mike.


I think Robocop represents several key mythological archetypes universal to the zeitgeist: the resurrected hero, the automaton-man, the loyal knight.

I think Steve Perry is a juggernaut of rockery.
Title: what... the .... f@#R
Post by: arkabee on February 04, 2005, 05:30:52 am
i think i'm going to puke.

yup,

i was right.
Title: what... the .... f@#R
Post by: jough on February 04, 2005, 07:20:00 am
Oh, man, I want one.  I'm going to take down the family portrait and hang this one over the mantle.
Title: what... the .... f@#R
Post by: miles on February 04, 2005, 07:36:20 am
Quote from: "arkabee"
i think i'm going to puke.

yup,

i was right.


That's just because you are upside down.  Nothing to do with the painting, which is as cool as those Stevie Nicks paintings linked a while back.  Cooler, in fact.

This would hang prominently in the front room, while speakers on either side continuously blast "Don't Stop Believing."

"Some will win, some will loo-oose, some were born to sing the blues something something it goes on and on and on and on"
Title: what... the .... f@#R
Post by: jough on February 04, 2005, 08:53:58 am
Oh the movie never ends, it goes on and on and on and oooooonnnn...
Title: what... the .... f@#R
Post by: andalucia on February 04, 2005, 02:01:46 pm
The tiny American flag in the background is also a nice touch.
Title: what... the .... f@#R
Post by: CortJstr on February 04, 2005, 02:21:14 pm
So would Robo-Perry have to fight Foreigner and their mighty belt or would they team up?
Title: what... the .... f@#R
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 04, 2005, 02:23:48 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
So would Robo-Perry have to fight Foreigner and their mighty belt or would they team up?


Please do not bring up the eternal question of Robocop versus Batman. It is a concept too terrible to bear. Light Knight versus Dark Knight. It is mythological. It is the collective unconscious.
Title: what... the .... f@#R
Post by: arkabee on February 04, 2005, 02:31:32 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
So would Robo-Perry have to fight Foreigner and their mighty belt or would they team up?


Please do not bring up the eternal question of Robocop versus Batman. It is a concept too terrible to bear. Light Knight versus Dark Knight. It is mythological. It is the collective unconscious.


i thought he was talking about the magical Foreigner belt from ATHF.

it's magical.

ps,
no,
it was the picture that made my stomach turn over like a lake.
Title: what... the .... f@#R
Post by: miles on February 04, 2005, 02:54:27 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
The tiny American flag in the background is also a nice touch.


Yes.  It's Rock 'n' Roll for a post-9/11 world.
Title: what... the .... f@#R
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 04, 2005, 02:56:08 pm
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "andalucia"
The tiny American flag in the background is also a nice touch.


Yes.  It's Rock 'n' Roll for a post-9/11 world.


Except Robocop, as we all know, fought for truth and justice in Detroit. Standing in Detroit, looking across the water like that, the buildings would be in CANADA.

What manner of tomfoolery is this?
Title: what... the .... f@#R
Post by: pmcd9 on February 04, 2005, 05:08:55 pm
RoboPerry would definitely team up with RoboDennisDeYoung.

~Paul
Title: what... the .... f@#R
Post by: miles on February 04, 2005, 05:14:24 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "andalucia"
The tiny American flag in the background is also a nice touch.


Yes.  It's Rock 'n' Roll for a post-9/11 world.


Except Robocop, as we all know, fought for truth and justice in Detroit. Standing in Detroit, looking across the water like that, the buildings would be in CANADA.


You mean the 51st state?  What's the problem there?

I kid because I care.  I love Canada.
Title: what... the .... f@#R
Post by: CortJstr on February 04, 2005, 05:33:33 pm
Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
So would Robo-Perry have to fight Foreigner and their mighty belt or would they team up?

Please do not bring up the eternal question of Robocop versus Batman. It is a concept too terrible to bear. Light Knight versus Dark Knight. It is mythological. It is the collective unconscious.


i thought he was talking about the magical Foreigner belt from ATHF.

it's magical.

Indeed I was. I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!
Title: what... the .... f@#R
Post by: President of Awesomeland on February 04, 2005, 07:46:54 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "andalucia"
The tiny American flag in the background is also a nice touch.


Yes.  It's Rock 'n' Roll for a post-9/11 world.


Except Robocop, as we all know, fought for truth and justice in Detroit. Standing in Detroit, looking across the water like that, the buildings would be in CANADA.

What manner of tomfoolery is this?


From another forum:

"I thought about that too for about half-a-second, and I guess I realized he was on a tugboat and not really in Canada."  - Joseph Griffith
Title: what... the .... f@#R
Post by: Turbo Ninja on February 04, 2005, 09:34:07 pm
Foreigner has always sucked.
Title: what... the .... f@#R
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 05, 2005, 01:28:12 am
I keep thinking about a combination of the Journey video game and the Aerosmith video game.  That would be an interesting battle.
Title: what... the .... f@#R
Post by: St_Zartan on February 05, 2005, 02:43:36 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
RoboPerry would definitely team up with RoboDennisDeYoung.


COMMAND.COM
LOAD BIOS
GODAWFUL WAILING SET
SYSTEM STATUS
OK
[/b]
Title: what... the .... f@#R
Post by: miles on February 05, 2005, 06:46:50 am
Quote from: "President of Awesomeland"
"I thought about that too for about half-a-second, and I guess I realized he was on a tugboat and not really in Canada."  - Joseph Griffith


I read this and thought "why the hell is Awesomeland posting some random quote from some random forum about RoboPerry and telling us the name of the author when we don't know him?"  And then I remembered that the artist is Joseph Griffith.  So, did he really write that on another forum?  That's really funny.

...I guess I realized he was on a tugboat but who the fuck knows it's not like I painted it or anything
Title: what... the .... f@#R
Post by: miles on February 06, 2005, 05:25:20 am
Quote from: "jough"
Oh the movie never ends, it goes on and on and on and oooooonnnn...


Yes that's right.  I downloaded a copy today.  I predict it will get serious iPod play on the train rides next week.

Hard Rockingnest Cheesy Rock Songs of the 80s:

Don't Stop Believin'
Livin' On a Prayer
Panama

And that's all I can come up with for now.  I have a sore throat.