The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: slink on August 15, 2003, 11:33:25 am

Title: I wouldn't let a damn MOLECULE of my dick touch you! (08-15-03)
Post by: slink on August 15, 2003, 11:33:25 am
And again,  it's the alt-text that really made me laugh today. It's the punchline to the whole thing!

Until I read that I was thinking, 'muh, ok then', then it all worked out!
Anyway I'm off to Edinburgh for the w/e so y'all know.
See y'all Monday!

Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08152003).
Title: 8/15
Post by: jough on August 15, 2003, 12:40:08 pm
"I wouldn't touch you with Lyle's dick." is a pretty decent alternate to that punchline.

But the molecule thing was made all the funnier by the alt-text.  Viva l'alt-texte.

Okay, it's 8:30 AM.  I think it's time to go to bed.

-- Jough, who was up all night playing with his new P4 web server, running Linux and all the open source software (read: free) that makes a growing boy into a growing man.  A *special* boy.

Christ I'm loopy.
Title: 8/15
Post by: Schabe on August 15, 2003, 02:59:29 pm
Actually, I completely agree.  I've really thought the alt-text had been under-used for a while, and it was nice to see him put it the effort of the old double-whamy punchline of the past.  

I also like the way Beef ends the sentence with the emphatic "BESIDES".
Title: 8/15
Post by: AugustWest on August 15, 2003, 03:12:04 pm
I like Ray's bed.
Title: get it on with me
Post by: satchel on August 15, 2003, 04:08:59 pm
I don’t understand Beef’s irrational accustion. He and Ray have been lifelong friends, and he knows Ray doesn’t want anything to do with him sexually. Ray has joked that all genders are bonable (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02262002) but surely Beef has never witnessed Ray engaging in homosexual relations.
Title: 8/15
Post by: ferocious j on August 15, 2003, 06:02:22 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Beef is so far out of his (dis)comfort zone that he's just totally lashing out.  Kills me how he goes right after Ray's appearance with the 'big gut' reference, and then moves right over to assailing Ray's sexuality.

Agreed.  The question I now have is: Will RB calm down enough to assess his trendy new look in a more stable light, or will he go back to RB Classic?

I think we all know the answer here.  :wink:

I wonder if the introduction of a smoove lady might change his mind, though.
Title: 8/15
Post by: V-Adore on August 15, 2003, 06:26:49 pm
Yeah, I think this is just the manifestation of a lot of general rage Beef has towards Ray, and not entirely unjustifiably. I mean, Ray is the archetypal Asshole Friend, the one who's been your friend so long that you overlook the fact that he's sort of a jerk; this whole Fonts Guy thing is just the straw that broke the Beef's back.

That said, Ray does have a slightly unnerving concentration on the idea of making Beef sexy. You can see why Beef would start to get peeved.

Also... yeah, it's already been said upthread, but "dick molecule" is priceless. I want to see a diagram of the Dick Molecule.
Title: 8/15
Post by: side_show on August 15, 2003, 06:57:08 pm
Quote from: ferocious j

I wonder if the introduction of a smoove lady might change his mind, though.

Or maybe a nice bone from Ray - didn't some phiosopher say "what you fear is actually what you desire most?"

I've seen plenty of male on male cat humping to know.

Edit: closed quote tag.
Title: 8/15
Post by: jough on August 15, 2003, 07:00:13 pm
This strip does really illustrate Onstad's homophobia, though.

I don't think he'd be able to "get away" with such sentiments ("it's bad to be gay") if they weren't coming from cartoon cats.

Ferocious J, are you offended that Onstad continually derides your lifestyle?
Title: 8/15
Post by: super collider on August 15, 2003, 07:20:12 pm
Horray for a whole week of on-time updates.  Back on the wagon.
Title: 8/15
Post by: AugustWest on August 15, 2003, 08:05:30 pm
Quote from: "jough"

I am queer and like to make personal attacks on people I've never met.  


Well, we already knew about the personal attacks part.
Title: 8/15
Post by: Choop on August 15, 2003, 08:16:32 pm
My favorite part is Beef's disappearing wrist watch. It's just gone in panel five, no explanation.

Funny, someone used to point that out and within like two minutes Onstad would post *FIXED* and it would be.
Title: 8/15
Post by: jough on August 15, 2003, 11:27:22 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"

I'm being misquoted and enjoy anal sex from bald men!
Quote from: "jough"

I am queer and like to make personal attacks on people I've never met.  


I never wrote that.  

Let's not start abusing the quote tags, people, or I can remove the peters that are usually in your mouths and replace them with really nasty quotes - things that would make Teodor blush.
Title: 8/15
Post by: jough on August 15, 2003, 11:31:11 pm
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
My favorite part is Beef's disappearing wrist watch. It's just gone in panel five, no explanation.

Funny, someone used to point that out and within like two minutes Onstad would post *FIXED* and it would be.


Maybe Onstad is reading this board after all.

It's fixed now.
Title: 8/15
Post by: AugustWest on August 16, 2003, 04:55:20 am
Man, it shorenuff is.  

Logically, there are several possibilities.

1.  Onstad caught his mistake hisself and fixed it on his own.

II.  Some Achewood reader not affiliated with this board caught it and contacted him.

C.  Somebody who posts here read the thread and alerted him.

Four.  Onstad is here.  
---4.1 Onstad lurks.
---IV (b)  Onstad has a sock puppet and participates.
-------D (II) 1. I think Ferocious J is really Onstad

Possibility the Fifth.   Somebody hacked Achewood and changed it without Onstad's knowledge or permission.



I think Options C or 4.1 are the most likely.  I'm leaning toward 4.1.  He just can't help hisself!

And hey, nice catch Jough!
Title: 8/15
Post by: AugustWest on August 16, 2003, 04:58:08 am
And oh yeah, I did not intentionally abuse the quote tags.  That post was really here, I swear.

The reply is almost correct.  Actually, I enjoy anal sex with bald women.
Title: 8/15
Post by: jay-ell on August 17, 2003, 02:50:26 am
I confess. I edited Jough's post.  It got me banned for 24 hours, too.  

Somebody has "control issues."  

It's just as well, since I spent most of the night last night getting my slant on.  There would have been some interesting posts here today, I'm sure...as those who are on my AIM buddy list will attest.  (I vaguely remember IMing several people asking if they'd stolen my laundry (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06072002).
Title: 8/15
Post by: AugustWest on August 17, 2003, 05:13:27 am
Oh.  I see.  Do something totally nasty and make it look like I did it.  I get it.  FINE.

I think you got a spankin' coming, Missy!
Title: 8/15
Post by: pmcd9 on August 17, 2003, 06:11:34 am
Quote
I confess. I edited Jough's post. It got me banned for 24 hours, too.


Is noone safe from the tyranny of this man?

~Paul
Title: 8/15
Post by: doomglobe on August 17, 2003, 06:35:40 am
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Beef is so far out of his (dis)comfort zone that he's just totally lashing out.  Kills me how he goes right after Ray's appearance with the 'big gut' reference, and then moves right over to assailing Ray's sexuality.  Reminds me of this (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10032002) prior Beef wig-out, what with the point by point build to the payoff.


Was that "dont throw stuff at me" sign always there?
Title: p
Post by: satchel on August 17, 2003, 09:08:28 am
I wondered about that post.
Title: 8/15
Post by: CortJstr on August 17, 2003, 02:53:38 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
I confess. I edited Jough's post.  It got me banned for 24 hours, too.

Dang, even the lead mod is now on Double Secret Probation. I fear for my non-probationary record.
Title: 8/15
Post by: jough on August 17, 2003, 06:23:35 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote
I confess. I edited Jough's post. It got me banned for 24 hours, too.


Is noone safe from the tyranny of this man?


Only those who go out of their way to fuck with me, mistreat others on the board, or are generally dolts will feel my wrath.

But I think I've been way more lenient than Onstad thus far.

And I'm bored with closing threads, especially if people are still interested in posting to them.
Title: 8/15
Post by: ferocious j on August 18, 2003, 06:05:57 pm
::glances upthread::

What jough is admitting is that he's basically a petty dictator with a set of serious personal-interaction issues (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=163).
Title: 8/15
Post by: jay-ell on August 18, 2003, 11:18:14 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I think you got a spankin' coming, Missy!


Ooooh, baby.  

Yes, well, I suppose I should try and keep my own temper in check -- use my powers for good, not for awesome evil.  But still.  

I, on the other hand, have not grown tired of locking threads.