The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: miles on February 04, 2005, 06:08:54 pm

Title: RIP Ossie Davis (and Jerry Orbach) (and John Vernon)
Post by: miles on February 04, 2005, 06:08:54 pm
Just heard it on NPR.

Did anyone see Bubba Ho-tep?  It's on my list.

Another underappreciated actor, though I probably remember him best from the Jazz documentary.

Also, I don't remember if anyone mentioned Jerry Orbach, but I was terribly sad about that.  Aside from his character on Law & Order, he also had a small but memorable role in Crimes and Misdemeanors, my favorite Woody Allen movie.  And of course there's Dirty Dancing.  He's one of my favorites, and it's sad to see him go.
Title: RIP Ossie Davis (and Jerry Orbach) (and John Vernon)
Post by: AugustWest on February 04, 2005, 06:35:50 pm
RIP Ossie.

I also just heard that John Vernon has died.  He was in two of my favorite movies. (Animal House and The Outlaw Josey Wales).