The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: cellardoor on February 09, 2005, 11:29:45 am

Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: cellardoor on February 09, 2005, 11:29:45 am
This strip is all the more precious to me as I have just recently started to appreciate The Cure.
I'm still loving the format and have had an epiphany. Teodor is actually the coolest Achewood character, effortlessly so.
Title: Re: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: pmcd9 on February 09, 2005, 01:31:09 pm
Quote from: "cellardoor"
I'm still loving the format and have had an epiphany. Teodor is actually the coolest Achewood character, effortlessly so.


I've known that since 12/17/01 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12172001)

~Paul
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: CortJstr on February 09, 2005, 01:59:56 pm
I wasn't really feeling this one until Teodor's baseball cap line.
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: cellardoor on February 09, 2005, 02:10:06 pm
Well, I've always seen myself as Roast Beef/Pat with an aspiration of being Ray.
But now I'd happily be Teodor.
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: Jimmy Kustes on February 09, 2005, 02:28:32 pm
I'm pumped from that comic
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 09, 2005, 02:30:59 pm
You shouldn't drive while high on the reefer!
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: Steve Hogan on February 09, 2005, 02:35:06 pm
Ray sounds like he's come down from his high.  He's not all float-y Jesus like any more.
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 09, 2005, 02:45:07 pm
I think the title should have been "He'd murder dead things if science would let him."  But that's just my opinion.
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: mkilly on February 09, 2005, 02:52:36 pm
I always thought that Teodor and Mr. Bear were underappreciated, what with Roast Beef and Ray and Philippe getting so many more strips and story arcs and all that shit. But over the last week Mr. Bear and now Teodor have again shown themselves to be bad-asses.
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: AugustWest on February 09, 2005, 02:55:13 pm
Great strip!  I laughed, I cried, I wet my #####!  The great lines just kept on coming.
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: miles on February 09, 2005, 03:42:40 pm
Check Ray's look of exasperation on the second row, third panel.
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: cellardoor on February 09, 2005, 04:21:10 pm
I was more impressed by his expression of frustration in the last panel of the first row.
dammit!
I think if Teodor got proper story-arcs he'd be less cool. He's got this untouchable, distant quality that is what confers on a person coolness.
To some he'd seem arrogant, to other's he'd be introverted.
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: wombat on February 09, 2005, 05:20:09 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I think the title should have been "He'd murder dead things if science would let him."  


YES.
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: MSC on February 09, 2005, 05:22:15 pm
I suppose that Sugar Loadzz claims that their junk is only like the top quality dog food.  Otherwise comparing your junk to dog food isn't that great.
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: AugustWest on February 09, 2005, 05:34:16 pm
The Science Diet!
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: Formica on February 09, 2005, 05:34:36 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
I also like that everyone seems to be on to Nice Pete.  In fact, I like a lot of things about this strip and that makes me happily uncomfortable.

Hmmm. I'm curious what you mean by this statement. After all, it's been debated on this very forum (by me, even!) as to whether Nice Pete's tales of murder are in fact just a front to increase his street cred, or True Tales of Human Drama ("Another victory for the Lord").

Actually, I guess that would be Feline Drama, but whatever.

Anyhow, what does being "on" to Nice Pete really mean?

Further, Ray established a positive relationship with Nice Pete; I'm surprised he hasn't signed The Death Sound to Prime Time Records yet, frankly. Maybe because he doesn't rap about his junk and dog food.
Title: Uh oh
Post by: Nice Dave on February 09, 2005, 05:51:24 pm
I'd have to agree... I wouldn't call Teodor "the main character", since this ain't that sort of party, but he is definitely the most grounded in all things Achewood. And his perspective is generally awesome.

I'm just a little concerned because I feel a shooting (or shivving(?)) coming on. At least the usual victims seem to be out of the line of fire, so far...
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: CortJstr on February 09, 2005, 05:57:54 pm
Quote from: "MSC"
I suppose that Sugar Loadzz claims that their junk is only like the top quality dog food.  Otherwise comparing your junk to dog food isn't that great.

I was thinking about how dogs keep licking the bowl even when there's nothing left to eat. Or maybe I've just watching too many movies with "sluts" in their titles.
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: Skillator on February 09, 2005, 06:34:37 pm
Achewood is my almost daily reminder that I'm stupid. I totally didn't get the "lost my diet rootbeer cherry" until I read this a second time... I'm a disgrace.

Also I thought it was my duty to this forum to let you know there is no Wayans Brother Cookbook. Not that I really want one or anything. It just doesn't exist for those of you who did.
Does Ray's Escalade have those rims that keep spinning after the wheels have stopped? I think they probably do. That seems like something he would spend money on just for the sake of spending money. I mean he records guys called "Sugar Loadzz".... What more can I say?
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: cellardoor on February 09, 2005, 06:39:25 pm
Sugarloadzz must be talking about how their junk is like something bitches would enjoy eating.
That's my interpretation. Word!
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on February 09, 2005, 07:00:45 pm
Quote from: "Formica"

Hmmm. I'm curious what you mean by this statement. After all, it's been debated on this very forum (by me, even!) as to whether Nice Pete's tales of murder are in fact just a front to increase his street cred, or True Tales of Human Drama ("Another victory for the Lord").


In fairness we never actually see whether there are actually hands in the bag (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10242003), but dude, there are totally hands in that bag.
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: V-Adore on February 09, 2005, 07:20:56 pm
I have to third the recommendation that "he'd murder dead things if science would let them" is the line of the strip. That said, it's pretty much all good.

Pat is definitely a diet-root-beer person. Maybe even a diet-caffeine-free-Mountain-Dew person.
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: ferocious j on February 09, 2005, 07:50:18 pm
I realize this could be said of just about any of them, but Teodor always knows exactly the right thing to say.  I think this strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11012004) was the shiningest example until today.
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: Formica on February 09, 2005, 08:00:03 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Pat is definitely a diet-root-beer person. Maybe even a diet-caffeine-free-Mountain-Dew person.

Pat is Mormon?
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: CortJstr on February 09, 2005, 08:02:44 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Pat is definitely a diet-root-beer person. Maybe even a diet-caffeine-free-Mountain-Dew person.

Hell no. DCFMD has yellow #5 in it. Plus you know the orange juice they use isn't organic.
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: Bozack on February 09, 2005, 08:25:17 pm
I'm sure Pat drinks some diet rootbeer organic shit made from wheat. All I have to say about the strip is this: the hits just KEEP ON COMIN'!
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: mattloaf1 on February 09, 2005, 10:22:47 pm
'diet root beer cherry' = 'anal virginity'?
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: andalucia on February 09, 2005, 10:23:57 pm
whoa.

Um, that was not my interpretation.
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: miles on February 09, 2005, 10:25:03 pm
Quote from: "mattloaf1"
'diet root beer cherry' = 'anal virginity'?


What the fuck?
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: filas on February 09, 2005, 10:54:21 pm
today's strip is too awesome in too many ways.  the thumbs down, diet-root-beer virginity, the expressions, the phrases . . . all for the history books.  He'd murder dead things if science would let him, indeed!

that said . . .
ladies on my junk like rice and beef
finest quality
like Pedigree
or Iams beggin me
like she's in heat . . .
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: St_Zartan on February 09, 2005, 10:54:52 pm
Mattloaf, be a dear and put in a good word for us over at the Newgrounds message board, would you?
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: mattloaf1 on February 09, 2005, 10:57:04 pm
"I'm not going to Pat's. Last time I was there, I lost my diet root beer cherry."

Not cherry diet root beer, but diet root beer cherry. I stand by my first guess on this one.

I ask Onstad to step in and offer something up here.
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: Huge Uncut Asian Jerkboy on February 09, 2005, 11:09:06 pm
Quote from: "mattloaf1"
"I'm not going to Pat's. Last time I was there, I lost my diet root beer cherry."

Not cherry diet root beer, but diet root beer cherry. I stand by my first guess on this one.

I ask Onstad to step in and offer something up here.


diet root beer cherry just means T hadn't exactly experienced diet root beer and was repulsed by nastiness of the stuff, and nasty stuff is exactly what pat is good at givin' and gettin'.  cherry = virginity, yes but diet root beer = diet root beer

right?
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: slink on February 09, 2005, 11:09:58 pm
Quote from: "mattloaf1"

Not cherry diet root beer, but diet root beer cherry. I stand by my first guess on this one.


Yes, as in, he had avoided Diet Root Beer, until Pat made him drink it, thus popping his 'diet root beer cherry'.

You beat me to it... Guy. Yes, I shall call you Guy from now on!
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: AugustWest on February 09, 2005, 11:10:34 pm
Quote from: "mattloaf1"
"I'm not going to Pat's. Last time I was there, I lost my diet root beer cherry."

Not cherry diet root beer, but diet root beer cherry. I stand by my first guess on this one.

I ask Onstad to step in and offer something up here.


Meaning that Teodor had never had a diet root beer before.  I don't know where "Diet Root Beer" means "Anal Sex", but I sure as hell don't want to go there.

Also, I like diet root beer.  Diet A&W tastes like regular root beer.  In fact, I pretty much drink diet everything.  Screw you if you don't like it.
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: jough on February 09, 2005, 11:15:32 pm
I don't know about diet A&W, but Diet Stewarts is actually better than regular Stewarts root beer.
Title: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
Post by: mattloaf1 on February 09, 2005, 11:37:34 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I don't know where "Diet Root Beer" means "Anal Sex"


Eau Claire, WI.

Your guys' explanation makes sense. I guess I was still off-kilter from not getting the pot reference in Monday's.