The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on February 09, 2005, 04:34:29 pm

Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 09, 2005, 04:34:29 pm
This textbook (http://www.harmful.org/homedespot/newtdr/NEWtdrARCHIVE/6diary/sexbook2/1.html) is used to teach the Japanese the "proper" (tongue-in-cheek) ways to handle adult subjects in English. Let's just say there's something a little bit... shall we say, missing in the translation:

I suck at the internet (http://www.harmful.org/homedespot/newtdr/NEWtdrARCHIVE/6diary/sexbook2/octopus.jpg)

Although now I know how to write "If you leave me, I'll kill myself!" in Kanji.

By the way, that picture is awesome for an avatar.
Title: Re: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: St_Zartan on February 09, 2005, 05:15:38 pm
Just the other day I was talking about purse pussy and octopus pussy. I was talking about it a lot. My friends and co-workers were weeping with delight.

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
By the way, that picture is awesome for an avatar.


Except that it's fuck*ng huge, as avatars go, and also not entirely work-safe.
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: CortJstr on February 09, 2005, 05:52:21 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
This is not the first time Bobby has caused me to deploy adblock on an image of his.  I trust it will also not be the last.

What Asherdan said. At work, anyway.
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 09, 2005, 05:55:00 pm
You people are WEAK! Achewood is INHERENTLY non-work-safe!
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: jough on February 09, 2005, 06:48:09 pm
Bobby, I'll give you until after I've taken a shower to ensmallen your avatar, otherwise you may not be allowed to have one.
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 09, 2005, 06:57:34 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Bobby, I'll give you until after I've taken a shower to ensmallen your avatar, otherwise you may not be allowed to have one.


What's the pixel limit? Does it apply to people like paul?
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: V-Adore on February 09, 2005, 07:25:13 pm
Now I want to write a careful formal Japanese essay about "asleep style." This could be nearly as bad as the time I attempted to explain to my Japanese professor a fairly lame bio-department pun about "because sex cells."
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: andalucia on February 09, 2005, 07:42:42 pm
Yeah, I saw this on metafilter.
The astounding part is that it's really coherent, syntaxically, so there is no way to explain any of this away as zany mistranslation.
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 09, 2005, 07:49:00 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Now I want to write a careful formal Japanese essay about "asleep style." This could be nearly as bad as the time I attempted to explain to my Japanese professor a fairly lame bio-department pun about "because sex cells."


I think the Japanese invented asleep style, as well as rape style, bukkake style, giant anime ***** style, bathroom style, used panties from vending machines style ...

Onstad, if you are reading this, I will commission you to make a painting of Phillipe and Ultra Peanut in this pose.
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: slink on February 09, 2005, 07:56:15 pm
Arts and Entertainments? Hmmmmmmmmm.
I'ma stick this in Wild Card, as it's just not quite arts or entertainments, despite the art and the sex.
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 09, 2005, 08:09:46 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Arts and Entertainments? Hmmmmmmmmm.
I'ma stick this in Wild Card, as it's just not quite arts or entertainments, despite the art and the sex.



Well, it is "literature..."
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: jough on February 09, 2005, 08:20:15 pm
Much better.

And yes, the avatar limits apply to everyone.  One of these days I will install that plug-in that automatically limits the avatar size...
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 09, 2005, 08:21:47 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Much better.

And yes, the avatar limits apply to everyone.  One of these days I will install that plug-in that automatically limits the avatar size...


Yet, what is the limit? Is it the 80 x 80 pixel that the UBB says? Because yours is 64 x 97 ;)
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: jough on February 09, 2005, 08:24:40 pm
I'll probably make it 100x100px.  The width matters more than the height.  This is true of most things.
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 09, 2005, 08:27:08 pm
Quote from: "jough"
I'll probably make it 100x100px.  The width matters more than the height.  This is true of most things.


*clap*

Touche.
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: Mantonio on February 10, 2005, 04:47:43 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Onstad, if you are reading this, I will commission you to make a painting of Phillipe and Ultra Peanut in this pose.


I think that would be the most disturbing Achewood painting ever. That would even be the case if Onstad were to do one of Pat holding his own skull.
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: Limmo on February 10, 2005, 04:51:45 pm
Quote from: "Mantonio"
I think that would be the most disturbing Achewood painting ever. That would even be the case if Onstad were to do one of Pat holding his own skull.


Disturbing?  Pat holding his own skull would basically be like treasure.
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 10, 2005, 04:52:57 pm
Quote from: "Limmo"
Quote from: "Mantonio"
I think that would be the most disturbing Achewood painting ever. That would even be the case if Onstad were to do one of Pat holding his own skull.


Disturbing?  Pat holding his own skull would basically be like treasure.


What would really be disturbing would be Pat butt-banging Ultra Peanut while a terrified Phillipe looks on.

Perspective, people, perspective.
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: V-Adore on February 10, 2005, 04:53:38 pm
Yeah, I would buy a painting of Pat holding his own skull. Rad, yo.
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 10, 2005, 04:56:35 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Yeah, I would buy a painting of Pat holding his own skull. Rad, yo.


Mr. Bear would be a better candidate for that, being more of the thespian.
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: miles on February 10, 2005, 05:04:12 pm
Is she climaxing?  In pain?  Making choo-choo noises?  I like the third option because I have a train fetish.
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 10, 2005, 05:05:41 pm
Quote from: "miles"
Is she climaxing?  In pain?  Making choo-choo noises?  I like the third option because I have a train fetish.


Yes, but she's japanese so it's a bullet train. Those are VERY FAST CHOO CHOOS.
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: miles on February 10, 2005, 05:11:17 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "miles"
Is she climaxing?  In pain?  Making choo-choo noises?  I like the third option because I have a train fetish.


Yes, but she's japanese so it's a bullet train. Those are VERY FAST CHOO CHOOS.


That's so sexy.
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 10, 2005, 05:19:41 pm
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "miles"
Is she climaxing?  In pain?  Making choo-choo noises?  I like the third option because I have a train fetish.


Yes, but she's japanese so it's a bullet train. Those are VERY FAST CHOO CHOOS.


That's so sexy.



You're a sick puppy, but then i find people like this. (http://www.livejournal.com/users/miss_mcdonald) (safe for work)
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: Gimpson on February 10, 2005, 06:21:27 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
You're a sick puppy, but then i find people like this. (http://www.livejournal.com/users/miss_mcdonald) (safe for work)


Those pictures are all busted when I look.  This upsets me quite a bit.  I feel like I'm missing something potentially life-changing.
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: V-Adore on February 10, 2005, 08:13:01 pm
On the skull thing -- this creates the question of whether or not Mr. Bear even has a skull, as he is of course an alive stuffed animal. Pat is real (or, at least, real within the diagetic universe of the comic), so we know he has a skull. Eventually Nice Pete will show us when Pat finally wears out his welcome.
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: Mantonio on February 10, 2005, 08:23:21 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
On the skull thing -- this creates the question of whether or not Mr. Bear even has a skull, as he is of course an alive stuffed animal. Pat is real (or, at least, real within the diagetic universe of the comic), so we know he has a skull. Eventually Nice Pete will show us when Pat finally wears out his welcome.


When I came up with the idea for Pat holding his own skull, I somehow knew Nice Pete would be involved. Either that or time travel.
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: V-Adore on February 10, 2005, 09:14:53 pm
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
On the skull thing -- this creates the question of whether or not Mr. Bear even has a skull, as he is of course an alive stuffed animal. Pat is real (or, at least, real within the diagetic universe of the comic), so we know he has a skull. Eventually Nice Pete will show us when Pat finally wears out his welcome.


When I came up with the idea for Pat holding his own skull, I somehow knew Nice Pete would be involved. Either that or time travel.

I don't see any reason that both Nice Pete and time travel can't be involved. Hell, I would totally read the arc where Nice Pete traveled through time, killed Future-Pat, and brought various souvenirs back to Present-Pat.
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: arkabee on February 10, 2005, 09:16:26 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"

I don't see any reason that both Nice Pete and time travel can't be involved. Hell, I would totally read the arc where Nice Pete traveled through time, killed Future-Pat, and brought various souvenirs back to Present-Pat.


hello pat.  here is you skull.  you wept such tears as i collected them in a jar before i removed it from your body.


edit- fixed the quoting issue.
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: St_Zartan on February 10, 2005, 09:22:57 pm
In theory, Nice Pete could travel to the furthest point possible within Pat's lifetime (point "Z"), harvest his souvenirs, then travel to an earlier point (point "Y") home to an as-yet unmolested Pat, harvest more souvenirs, and so-on down the line.

"But wait", you say, "whatever souvenirs are harvested at point 'Y' would therefore be unavailable at point 'Z'". Nope. This is why you do it backwards: diverging timelines. This would be hard to represent in painting format; even a triptych wouldn't begin to cover it.

Imagine! Having a moist bag full of your own hands. Let's work towards a more exciting, erotic tomorrow, today.
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: CortJstr on February 10, 2005, 09:35:11 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
In theory, Nice Pete could travel to the furthest point possible within Pat's lifetime (point "Z"), harvest his souvenirs, then travel to an earlier point (point "Y") home to an as-yet unmolested Pat, harvest more souvenirs, and so-on down the line.

"But wait", you say, "whatever souvenirs are harvested at point 'Y' would therefore be unavailable at point 'Z'". Nope. This is why you do it backwards: diverging timelines. This would be hard to represent in painting format; even a triptych wouldn't begin to cover it.

Imagine! Having a moist bag full of your own hands. Let's work towards a more exciting, erotic tomorrow, today.

This is 7:00 Calvin's fault!
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: Ben-San on February 10, 2005, 11:04:16 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
In theory, Nice Pete could travel to the furthest point possible within Pat's lifetime (point "Z"), harvest his souvenirs, then travel to an earlier point (point "Y") home to an as-yet unmolested Pat, harvest more souvenirs, and so-on down the line.


DC Comics did a miniseries about a supervillain doing this because he hated Superman so much he just had to kill him over and over again. It was not very good, and of course the whole thing got shoveled out of continuity at the end. However, it had a sort of good side effect, in that it was packed full of crappy ideas and the whole thing basically stank so badly that nobody will touch those ideas for a good long time lest they be associated in fans' minds with this crappy miniseries.
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: St_Zartan on February 10, 2005, 11:15:25 pm
Quote from: "Ben-San"
•it was not very good
•packed full of crappy ideas
•basically stank so badly


Ouch. Damn, dude.

I am still totally gay for time travel / paradox ideas and stories, though.
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: Ben-San on February 11, 2005, 12:14:59 am
Well, the time-travel thing wasn't the main Bad Idea, although as played out it was a goofy premise. To explain all the reasons that "The Kingdom" stank like a durian full of unchanged babies would involve more comic-book dorkery than I think anyone really wants to see. However, because it was so spectacularly awful in embracing some rather unpleasant trends in the company at the time, it managed to achieve the fortunate goal of burying those trends pretty well. As a side effect, this particular time-travel technique was buried pretty well too, at least for DC Comics fans.
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: Golfhaus on February 11, 2005, 04:30:02 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Onstad, if you are reading this, I will commission you to make a painting of Phillipe and Ultra Peanut in this pose.


What interests ME is whether Chris would actually do it.

My money's on "no."
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: V-Adore on February 11, 2005, 04:52:49 am
It saddens me that, even given the lengthy digression on Pat's skull that dominated this thread for a while, "TRAIN BOARDING ON TRACK SEX" hasn't been mentioned. For shame!
Title: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
Post by: andalucia on February 15, 2005, 03:16:52 pm
In case anyone was still interested in talking about weird Japanese sex, durian-related outrage has gone elsewhere. (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=1703)