The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Doc on February 10, 2005, 11:59:02 am

Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: Doc on February 10, 2005, 11:59:02 am
I am so so about this one, I do like the idea of anal retentive fast food related IRC rooms, but this didn't quite work for me. Another one for the 'funny in principle' pile, I'll have to try it again tomorrow.
On a side note, I would have liked to have called the thread 'This could have been much better than you made it.' But word length restrictions are a harsh mistress.
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: Beatrice on February 10, 2005, 01:41:40 pm
Now,  now. I disagree.  Not only did I find the comic quite funny (though not hilarious, mind you), I think it once again underscores the lameness of Little Nephew, and it's always funny to be reminded.  Every day.
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: CortJstr on February 10, 2005, 01:57:14 pm
My first thought was, "a Burger King chat? How lame is that? There's not really that much to talk about." Then I realized my very next action would be to open a forum for a webcomic and that pretty much shut me right up.
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: Steve Hogan on February 10, 2005, 02:09:21 pm
This is a spot on parody of how the internet is.  I remember checking out a chick's webcam chat and the moderator is warning people "Stay on topic and talk about her ass."  

Also, while researching a background for one of my old strips, I found a website for people who are totally obsessed with the now defunct Burger Chef chain.
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: miles on February 10, 2005, 02:49:29 pm
LN, who has always been a bit of a dork, is even less cool in my eyes now.  I was at least hoping for some swears and sexual invites.

Vlad's back, so what's up with Beef and Molly?
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: Noah on February 10, 2005, 03:45:19 pm
did vlad ever leave in the first place ?
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: miles on February 10, 2005, 03:55:40 pm
Quote from: "Noah"
did vlad ever leave in the first place ?


That's true, he was in the big party panel with the Tenmen.  But we haven't seen Beef or Molly in like 3 weeks.

(http://www.geocities.com/bloodforfunk/molly.JPG)
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: Silverberg on February 10, 2005, 04:10:58 pm
Well, we know basically what happened there through Molly's blog entry.
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: miles on February 10, 2005, 04:16:05 pm
Quote from: "Silverberg"
Well, we know basically what happened there through Molly's blog entry.


Shijt.  I need to start reading those.  I started to last night, but only got to Nice Pete's (I started from the bottom, for some reason).  OK, disregard what I said, and I'll go get caught up on my Achewood reading assignments (fuck Ecology!).
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: V-Adore on February 10, 2005, 04:48:04 pm
I am on the fence. (Dull surprise! I'm sure someone will be along to point out this fundamental nature of my character, and possibly to misspell my username, shortly.) It's kind of funny as it stands, but the joke falls a little limp -- someone involved needed to be way over-the-top lamer, I think.

I'm not sure whether I prefer this strip to the strip I originally envisioned this being as I read the first few panels -- "LN attempts to be a Weed Spy again, but Vlad just has no the hell idea what he's talking about, and wackiness ensues."
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: arkabee on February 10, 2005, 05:35:20 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
It's kind of funny as it stands, but the joke falls a little limp -- someone involved needed to be way over-the-top lamer, I think.


i think by there not being any over the top lameness, it made a point to me:

little nephew is lame, in the lameness that is associated with adolesnece and the desire to rebel.

veiw point one:
i will go and disrupt a chat room!  i will do the disrupting by asking them if they like pizza!  i will do this, not because i like pizza, but because i want to cause other people to feel the pain and languidness of spirit that i feel!  such a melange of apathy and loneliness i feel!

view point two:
why do these retards keep coming here and bugging us.  we just want to talk abotu burger king.


and thus, the disconnect between the obnoxious and the target is shown:

LN just wants to be listened to, and would be if he would only talk about Burger King.

if only,
but alas.
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: wombat on February 10, 2005, 06:11:35 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
My first thought was, "a Burger King chat? How lame is that? There's not really that much to talk about." Then I realized my very next action would be to open a forum for a webcomic and that pretty much shut me right up.


No!  We're not like that!  We're not!  It's those other internet people he's making fun of!  Right?!
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: Skillator on February 10, 2005, 06:40:40 pm
Please stay on the topic of the achewood comic strip.

Maybe that's why we can't say *****s or #####.
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: jough on February 10, 2005, 07:30:22 pm
Is Onstad trying to get a job writing for McSweeny's?

Is this his audition piece?

"Yes, Mr. Onstad, we here at McSweeny's like to follow the 'slightly amusing concept; weak delivery' formula for humour.  Can you be a little more mediocre?  You can?  Well, we'd like to see an example.  How about this Thursday?"
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: V-Adore on February 10, 2005, 08:10:38 pm
The chicken will come... tomorrow! Tomorrow! Bet your bottom dollar that toMORROW... there'll be some!!
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: Mantonio on February 10, 2005, 08:19:08 pm
Man, Little Nephew know's nothing about being an internet troll. I think it's time for Daedalus_X to take tha_snazzle under his wing. (First piece of instruction should be to get LN to choose a less lame name than "tha_snazzle." Is so newbie.)
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: V-Adore on February 10, 2005, 08:21:10 pm
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Man, Little Nephew know's nothing about being an internet troll. I think it's time for Daedalus_X to take tha_snazzle under his wing. (First piece of instruction should be to get LN to choose a less lame name than "tha_snazzle." Is so newbie.)

I swear to God that I initially read that second sentence as "... take tha_snazzle under his wang." That was a special moment. "Hey, wait, I thought Chucklebot was the gay one -- ohh, wait."
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: St_Zartan on February 10, 2005, 09:12:08 pm
i have had whoper
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 10, 2005, 09:15:53 pm
You cold have a whoper in your mouth.



This wasn't my favorite free cartoon ever. It was as free as the rest of them, though.
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: mattloaf1 on February 10, 2005, 09:35:16 pm
re: today's comic.

hahahahahahaha.
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: miles on February 10, 2005, 09:50:09 pm
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Man, Little Nephew know's nothing about being an internet troll. I think it's time for Daedalus_X to take tha_snazzle under his wing. (First piece of instruction should be to get LN to choose a less lame name than "tha_snazzle." Is so newbie.)


Good call.  This would be the logical next step for the arc.
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: miles on February 10, 2005, 10:10:19 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Man, Little Nephew know's nothing about being an internet troll. I think it's time for Daedalus_X to take tha_snazzle under his wing. (First piece of instruction should be to get LN to choose a less lame name than "tha_snazzle." Is so newbie.)


Good call.  This would be the logical next step for the arc.

 :roll:

I doubt logic will play an important part in where this thing goes.

That's good, by the way.


That is so true.  So true.

I just thought it was a good call, is all.
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: foolio on February 11, 2005, 03:25:16 am
Quote
Is Onstad trying to get a job writing for McSweeny's?


Hey Jough what is wrong with you

Did your father always tell you you were a failure or something
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 11, 2005, 03:53:43 am
Quote from: "jough"
Is Onstad trying to get a job writing for McSweeny's?

Is this his audition piece?

"Yes, Mr. Onstad, we here at McSweeny's like to follow the 'slightly amusing concept; weak delivery' formula for humour.  Can you be a little more mediocre?  You can?  Well, we'd like to see an example.  How about this Thursday?"



Here, instead of today's strip, you can "imagineer" images to a quickie three-panel Alternative Achewood Strip to soothe you and your woes, Jough and Jough-kin.

-- cut here --

Panel 1.
(Ray is speaking into the phone, wearing his signature leather jacket.)

Phone: Welcome to Alternative Meats, how can I help you?
Ray: Hello, this is Ray Smuckles, and I'm interested in your "eat a forgotten celebrity program." What cuts do you have?

Panel 2:

Phone: Well, we have rump roast of Abe Vigoda, Terrence Stamp flank, Alex Karras brisket, and this week only, a whole Ralph Macchio.
Ray (thought bubble): Ralph Macchio. I could eat a celebrity and rid the earth of the Karate Kid once and for all. This could be a Good Thing.

Panel 3:
(Caption: SOME TIME LATER. Ray and Beef are staring into Ray's toilet.)

Ray: ... and the next thing you know, I was brewing up a big batch of nasty all over the place!
Roast Beef: That is hell of nasty and yellow like Chinese Communism

-- cut here --
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: Golfhaus on February 11, 2005, 04:47:18 am
It grew on me... there's something about Little Nephew bragging about how he's essentially got the mad skillz to plunge the entire earth into chaos, but then getting the proverbial internet beat-down on the Burger King chatroom (which is a funny concept in itself). It just seems so... Rayish. LN is definitely growing up to have Ray's ultimate cluelessness about the world that surrounds him.
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: Doc on February 13, 2005, 08:59:21 am
Actually I think the reason I didn't find the 'LN as troll' part of the comic funny (unlike the 'anal BK chat mod' part of the comic, which was quite delicious) was probably for a reason that would be solved if it was Ray trolling instead of LN. Ray would go all out on this, he wouldn't just get beat down and leave it at that, he would keep coming back (see 'nonsense') LN just doesn't try hard enough.
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: miles on February 13, 2005, 04:17:30 pm
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
It grew on me... there's something about Little Nephew bragging about how he's essentially got the mad skillz to plunge the entire earth into chaos, but then getting the proverbial internet beat-down on the Burger King chatroom (which is a funny concept in itself). It just seems so... Rayish. LN is definitely growing up to have Ray's ultimate cluelessness about the world that surrounds him.


Dude, what are you talking about?

Ray knows how to fuck with someone (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05202003).
Title: February 10, 2005 - The potty runs out of the body
Post by: Golfhaus on February 14, 2005, 04:45:49 pm
I don't think that being able to fuck with someone and being totally clueless (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03122004) are mutually exclusive. I mean, even LN did a number on Shirley Pang's ex (http://charleysmuckles.blogspot.com/2004/10/fuck-that-azn-gangsta-wannabe.html). Maybe hubris runs deep in the Smuckles DNA or something.