The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: pmcd9 on February 11, 2005, 12:16:33 pm

Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: pmcd9 on February 11, 2005, 12:16:33 pm
Beef and Molly are having an intimate discussion and clueless Ray can't figure out that they want to be left alone.

~Paul
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: filas on February 11, 2005, 12:39:17 pm
ray is really pushing the urinating idea.  or maybe he's addicted to yellin "nonsense!"  or maybe since he was sorta right (but not really) on the first two "nonsense!"ses' and he got on a "nonsense!" roll but crapped out on the third roll.
i mean there's three of them and they're all followed by exclamation points.  
pee-pee
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: cellardoor on February 11, 2005, 12:42:46 pm
That last panel is a killer. Neat!
I think Ray was trying to be funny but ended up being rude.
That crushed face in the last panel is one i'm all too familiar with.
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: char * on February 11, 2005, 12:43:15 pm
let me make my first "this thread should have been called" comment.

ahem.

this thread should have been called "you guys are probably going to need to urinate soon" or "look if you needed to urinate you could have said so".

thank you.
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: pmcd9 on February 11, 2005, 01:00:07 pm
Quote from: "char *"
this thread should have been called "you guys are probably going to need to urinate soon" or "look if you needed to urinate you could have said so".


Nonsense!

~Paul
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: miles on February 11, 2005, 02:23:26 pm
He's just concerned about the health of their bladders, is all.
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: Steve Hogan on February 11, 2005, 02:23:46 pm
I'll bet Molly really does have to urinate, but is holding it in out of anger.
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: CortJstr on February 11, 2005, 02:32:25 pm
It's a Nonsense Friday!

Nonsense TOUAMB! Nonsense to you alll!
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: Emergent_C on February 11, 2005, 02:50:46 pm
I find the first panel of this comic achingly beautiful. I would pay more money than I actually have to buy it if it were an oil painting being auctioned on eBay. But I shan't buy a signed version of the comic, for alas, the speech bubble irreparably mars the sublime first panel.

Alas.
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: AugustWest on February 11, 2005, 03:02:32 pm
I'm actually most fond of Beef's WTF look in panel 6.  Dude!  Need to urinate?  WTF!
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: miles on February 11, 2005, 03:16:38 pm
Quote from: "Emergent_C"
I find the first panel of this comic achingly beautiful. I would pay more money than I actually have to buy it if it were an oil painting being auctioned on eBay. But I shan't buy a signed version of the comic, for alas, the speech bubble irreparably mars the sublime first panel.


Maybe he can work something out for you.

I agree, and I think most of the strips that take place at night are really pretty.  Onstad's especially good at that.

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I'm actually most fond of Beef's WTF look in panel 6.  Dude!  Need to urinate?  WTF!


I noticed this on the second read through.  It's perfect.

Oh yeah, and seconded on the last panel.  Look how crestfallen he is.  Poor guy.  Sure, he's being a bit insensitive, but basically, Ray's a cool dude.  He's concerned about them, and trying to diffuse the situation with a bit of humor.  Ray, go get your damned cookbook.

Myself, I never cease to be amazed by Ray's ride.  I've never had a desire to own one, but I would like to ride in his.  If I could actually fit.

And Teodor's feeling all awkward right now.
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: CortJstr on February 11, 2005, 03:23:01 pm
Quote from: "miles"
And Teodor's feeling all awkward right now.

You'd think that by now Teodor would realize that spending time with Ray will always lead to awkward feeling but every time it seems to surprise him.
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: Max on February 11, 2005, 03:51:03 pm
jesus christ, best strip in like at least two weeks.
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 11, 2005, 04:02:52 pm
Quote from: "Max"
jesus christ, best strip in like at least two weeks.


Can't you see? It's the CHICKEN RECIPE all steganographic style. You have to use numerology and read between the lines. Put together stuff from the past few strips.

The CHICKEN RECIPE consists of DIET ROOT BEER, URINE, 2000 FLUSHES AND LOVE.
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: pmcd9 on February 11, 2005, 04:10:46 pm
Chicken Recipe Tomorrow = Onstad is tired of writing alt text

~Paul
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: Bozack on February 11, 2005, 04:32:38 pm
Man, I'll totally start writing alt-text for him, because it's more socially acceptable than, you know. The Blow Job Proposition.

Also, i cannot BELIEVE nobody has mentioned the second to last panel. Look at them!
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: pmcd9 on February 11, 2005, 05:11:30 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Okay, so now I get to hang out this weekend wondering what the hell Beef and Molly were getting onto. "Come on. We can finish this there" indeed.


It seems pretty obvious they were "getting into" a very serious argument.  They can finish the argument, and possibly their relationship, back at Ray's.

~Paul
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: jough on February 11, 2005, 05:17:36 pm
I have known women who have refused at times to admit to having to urinate out of spite, like it would somehow be a sign of weakness to have to pee in the middle of an argument.  You pee, I win, or something.

THIS STRIP IS FUNNY BECAUSE IT IS MADE OF THE PABULUM OF HUMAN LIFE
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 11, 2005, 05:18:57 pm
Quote from: "jough"
I have known women who have refused at times to admit to having to urinate out of spite, like it would somehow be a sign of weakness to have to pee in the middle of an argument.  You pee, I win, or something.

THIS STRIP IS FUNNY BECAUSE IT IS MADE OF THE PABULUM OF HUMAN LIFE[/quote

Pabulum is an inherently funny word, like hominy, quixotic or spew.
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: Emergent_C on February 11, 2005, 05:33:32 pm
I'm sorry to derail this discussion temporarily, but I must. I must.

Bobby, is the woman in your avatar/signature angry or orgasmic? Is she about to spew because of the man's quixotic quest to quell her carnal lusts?

Hominy.
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 11, 2005, 05:38:59 pm
Quote from: "Emergent_C"
I'm sorry to derail this discussion temporarily, but I must. I must.

Bobby, is the woman in your avatar/signature angry or orgasmic? Is she about to spew because of the man's quixotic quest to quell her carnal lusts?

Hominy.


Please refer to this thread. (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=1689&start=0) Basically, she is hella yellin' about the sex. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01092003).

I also find the word 'couscous' to be funny, as well as 'tweed', 'ambulatory' and 'yeast'.
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: V-Adore on February 11, 2005, 05:45:13 pm
The second-to-last panel is kind of fantastic. It's a very nice mood shift -- suddenly they've been distracted from their anger at each other to instead be incandescently, suddenly angry at Ray for being a tard.

Also, I love the second and third panels in the middle row, just for the illusion of Beef leaning against the wall of the panel.

A+++ WOULD READ WEBCOMIC AGAIN
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: slink on February 11, 2005, 05:48:13 pm
I really liked the glowering in the second to last panel. And the change of Ray's expression in his last two nonconsecutive panels is great.
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 11, 2005, 05:49:13 pm
Quote from: "slink"
I really liked the glowering in the second to last panel. And the change of Ray's expression in his last two nonconsecutive panels is great.


I shall endeavour to say "Nonsense!" (and perhaps, "Pish-posh!") more often.
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: Emergent_C on February 11, 2005, 05:51:33 pm
Perhaps the ambulatory Beef and Molly's argument centered on the yeast-infested couscous Beef fed her on their last date, not to mention the tweed he insisted on wearing to bed.
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 11, 2005, 05:53:46 pm
Quote from: "Emergent_C"
Perhaps the ambulatory Beef and Molly's argument centered on the yeast-infested couscous Beef fed her on their last date, not to mention the tweed he insisted on wearing to bed.


And yet, betwixt them, sauntered Raymond, his motorcoach glistening while he ejaculated aphorisms.
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: AugustWest on February 11, 2005, 06:01:35 pm
This thread has become entirely to prolix for me.
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: V-Adore on February 11, 2005, 06:04:26 pm
You know what this thread needs?

Perambulators.

This is all.
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: miles on February 11, 2005, 06:25:14 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "Emergent_C"
I'm sorry to derail this discussion temporarily, but I must. I must.

Bobby, is the woman in your avatar/signature angry or orgasmic? Is she about to spew because of the man's quixotic quest to quell her carnal lusts?


Please refer to this thread. (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=1689&start=0) Basically, she is hella yellin' about the sex. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01092003).


That's some nice CJin' there, Lou.
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: CortJstr on February 11, 2005, 07:58:41 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Okay, so now I get to hang out this weekend wondering what the hell Beef and Molly were getting onto. "Come on. We can finish this there" indeed.

URINATING NONSENSE!

ALSO: This is a fun story arc, ignore my sniveling.

ALSO ALSO: I doubt I'll actually think about this during the weekend.  That was fake hyperbole up there.

Simply being a member here means you'll probably think about the 'wood during the weekend. So trying to be "cool" and cover it up is just sad.
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 11, 2005, 08:00:48 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Okay, so now I get to hang out this weekend wondering what the hell Beef and Molly were getting onto. "Come on. We can finish this there" indeed.

URINATING NONSENSE!

ALSO: This is a fun story arc, ignore my sniveling.

ALSO ALSO: I doubt I'll actually think about this during the weekend.  That was fake hyperbole up there.

Simply being a member here means you'll probably think about the 'wood during the weekend. So trying to be "cool" and cover it up is just sad.


He is a heretical Pain! May the Aches defeat the pains!
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: Max on February 11, 2005, 09:40:19 pm
strips best expression ought to go to beef's first close-up, rather than ray.
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 13, 2005, 04:42:38 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "slink"
I really liked the glowering in the second to last panel. And the change of Ray's expression in his last two nonconsecutive panels is great.


I shall endeavour to say "Nonsense!" (and perhaps, "Pish-posh!") more often.


totally out-CJ'ing CJ here

NONSENSE (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12132004)

Apparently Onstad really likes "Nonsense!" as an exclamation

even dead characters will say it (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12272004)
Title: Re: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: mattloaf1 on February 14, 2005, 12:45:21 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Beef and Molly are having an intimate discussion and clueless Ray can't figure out that they want to be left alone.

~Paul


are you sure?
Title: Re: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: pmcd9 on February 14, 2005, 03:28:47 am
Quote from: "mattloaf1"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Beef and Molly are having an intimate discussion and clueless Ray can't figure out that they want to be left alone.

~Paul


are you sure?


Yes I am quite certain.

~Paul
Title: 2/11/05 Nonsense
Post by: Bozack on February 14, 2005, 06:48:30 am
Nonsense!