The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Kapow on February 12, 2005, 06:29:27 pm

Title: Achewood Fanfiction
Post by: Kapow on February 12, 2005, 06:29:27 pm
Achewood fanfiction by "pavlov reaction" (http://friends.portalofevil.com/sp.php?si=3&fi=FRIENDSOF&ti=1000620247&pi=1000620247)
Title: Achewood Fanfiction
Post by: V-Adore on February 12, 2005, 06:40:29 pm
I'm not sure whether I'm relieved or confused that it appears to be an exact retelling of the Trouble Man and No-No arc, with the addition of Beef's thoughts about the matter.

Also, is Trouble Man supposed to be a rabbit? He seemed fairly blatantly to be a dog to me. (... must... not... be channeling Ponce...)
Title: Achewood Fanfiction
Post by: St_Zartan on February 12, 2005, 07:00:20 pm
I'll probably never be as efficiently brutal as Alienjack, but yeah. That was really not very good at all, and I'm actually pretty fuck*ng embarrassed to have read it / have something in common with whoever wrote it.

I look at fan fiction with amusement and fascination; I've read enough about it to understand, on a basic level, why people do it, but I'll be damned if I ever know why people feel the fuck*ng need to share it.
Title: Achewood Fanfiction
Post by: V-Adore on February 12, 2005, 07:16:55 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"

I look at fan fiction with amusement and fascination; I've read enough about it to understand, on a basic level, why people do it, but I'll be damned if I ever know why people feel the fuck*ng need to share it.

Not to take things too off-topic, but: the noble answer is "to create a community of fans with mutual interests and enjoyment." The less-noble answer is "attention whoring."

Six of one, half-dozen of the other, I say.
Title: Achewood Fanfiction
Post by: wombat on February 12, 2005, 07:17:15 pm
I'm afraid to read this.  Is it all full of Ray and Beef having sex?
Title: Achewood Fanfiction
Post by: V-Adore on February 12, 2005, 07:20:53 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
I'm afraid to read this.  Is it all full of Ray and Beef having sex?

It's pretty literally just the exchange between Beef and Trouble Man about the burning of Heaven and the "murder act," just with a running Beef inner monologue. Kind of lame but harmless.
Title: Achewood Fanfiction
Post by: St_Zartan on February 12, 2005, 07:41:19 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Kind of lame but harmless.


Kind of lame? It is exquisitely lame.

Quote
He might never see his Molly again. He'd never converse with her late into the night, never again hold her to him and smell that wonderful and unconventional combination of Taco Bell food and Bath and Body Works. Could God be so selgiraffe?


Quote
Suddenly he remembered Ray and the old man trussed up like Colonel Sanders, and the guns. "That damn Ray and what all he brings on me. Whatever happened in the hospital, I must have died again.


Quote
Without Ray Smuckles I wouldn't be in this ugly stew, or any for that matter. Man, fuck Ray. Every day I've spent with that man and his friends have been like a big roller coaster of nothing too good.


Quote
Another puff and the rabbit changed the subject as casually as though he'd just been discussing various brands of potato chips and their qualities.


At least "pavlov reaction" (and, if that is a troll account /posting, my hat is off to that excellent little flourish) admits later on in the thread: "I know it's unforgivably faggy to write fanfiction of any sort..."
Title: Achewood Fanfiction
Post by: wombat on February 12, 2005, 08:08:45 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"

Not to take things too off-topic, but: the noble answer is "to create a community of fans with mutual interests and enjoyment."


It seems that we manage to do this without creating anything so poor as what Zart has quoted.  I feel the urge to move this thread to some other forum to try to protect poor Chris from the knowledge that he could inspire such sad writing.
Title: Achewood Fanfiction
Post by: slink on February 12, 2005, 08:25:44 pm
Quote from: "wombat"

It seems that we manage to do this without creating anything so poor as what Zart has quoted.


Certainly agree with that.
And I have to say, I don't even udnerstand why people write it, let alone the sharing it. I guess, if you could capture the characters well enough maybe, but I would just rather create my own characters.
Title: Achewood Fanfiction
Post by: V-Adore on February 12, 2005, 09:01:15 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "V-Adore"

Not to take things too off-topic, but: the noble answer is "to create a community of fans with mutual interests and enjoyment."


It seems that we manage to do this without creating anything so poor as what Zart has quoted.  I feel the urge to move this thread to some other forum to try to protect poor Chris from the knowledge that he could inspire such sad writing.

This is entirely fair, both in terms of community and in terms of content. It's staying here for now, though, although if it wanders too far I'll probably split off the extraneousness elsewhere.

I realized what a nerd I was when I was reading those excerpts, hit the one about Taco Bell and B&BW*, and what happened in my head? Continuity Bitching. "Dude, do you not READ the strip?! Molly doesn't even come back to Earth until after the No-No arc! She definitely doesn't work at Taco Bell for months! When this happens, Beef has never seen Molly outside of heaven! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!" It is sadness.

* Incidentally, the fact that the author believes this scent could be in any way pleasant indicates that s/he has never been in a high school locker room. Bath and Body Works stuff mixed with any other aroma in the world, particularly other B&BW products, turns into a nasty-ass hateful chemical soup, like Carmen Miranda had her hat artificially scented and then exploded.
Title: Achewood Fanfiction
Post by: pmcd9 on February 12, 2005, 09:19:48 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I look at fan fiction with amusement and fascination; I've read enough about it to understand, on a basic level, why people do it...


Would you care to share your thoughts on this because I completely don't understand at all.

~Paul
Title: Achewood Fanfiction
Post by: jough on February 12, 2005, 10:17:03 pm
Please keep in mind that it is posted at the "Portal of Evil" forums.
Title: Achewood Fanfiction
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 12, 2005, 11:49:23 pm
GAY

the thread may now be closed
Title: Achewood Fanfiction
Post by: Bozack on February 13, 2005, 07:38:44 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
....like Carmen Miranda had her hat artificially scented and then exploded.


Commendations for this awesome statement. KUDOS.
Title: Re: Achewood Fanfiction
Post by: MSC on February 14, 2005, 06:03:19 pm
Quote from: "Kapow"
Achewood fanfiction by "pavlov reaction"


I'm pretty open minded once you get to know me, but let me say that even though I have not read this I think it is a horrible idea.