The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: foolio on February 14, 2005, 03:58:21 am
-
Is Teodor falling asleep or trying to pretend that Ray does not exist?
BOOBIES.
-
Lots of angry faces in this one.
And, as usual, Ray just not realising how other people are feeling.
As for Teodor, I think he is just kind of embarassed by the whole situation, but feels like he can't say anything, given that Ray is the one giving them the ride and all, though recall he doesn't actually want to be there to begin wtih.
-
Is it just me or is this like a little episode of The Office with anthropomorphic cats and alive stuffed animals? For someone who is always emphasizing his writing prowess over his artistic abilities, Onstad sure does do a lot with facial expressions in this one.
Oh, and hi there. Long time listener, first time caller.
-
Wow, now there's a joke that died on the vine immediately. The angry faces are excellent, yeah -- and my best guess on Teodor is that he's feigning sleep to attempt to not bear any further responsibility for this atrocity.
-
Yeah, this is excellent. Teodor pretending to sleep, then accidentally opening his eyes and meeting Ray's, followed by quickly closing one eye again... I laughed rather loudly at this strip, which prompted my roommate to ask what was so funny. I showed him the strip. Not surprisingly, he didn't get it. Ah well. I try to spread the Achelove where I can.
-
It's all about the eyebrows.
-
Ray really sucks ass at telling jokes.
But he's not as bad as David Brent.
I love how the third and last panels are nearly identical. Ctrl+C and then Ctrl+V. Molly's sexy when she's pissed.
Happy Valentine's Day! Mwah! (It's supposed to be a kiss.)
Edit: Yikes! And I really suck ass at onomatopoeia!
-
that's the best joke ever
-
Is it just me or is this like a little episode of The Office with anthropomorphic cats and alive stuffed animals? For someone who is always emphasizing his writing prowess over his artistic abilities, Onstad sure does do a lot with facial expressions in this one.
Oh, and hi there. Long time listener, first time caller.
Yes. David Brent if I ever saw it. And this is a perfect example (non-facetious) of how awesome this will be in print, with the timing.
-
New favorite detail about the strip: Ray talking about how he's "pretty open-minded once you get to know me" while in the car with three people who know him pretty well. (Even Molly rather has to at this point, and hell, he and Beef go way back.) Who is he trying to fool?
-
God, I love this comic, and the new format is doing a lot for me. Smaller panels with different shots really helps establish the mood here.
-
Damn! Why is Molly so hot?
What's wrong with me?
Stoopid internet, making me fancy a cartoon cat
*grumbles into middle distance*
-
I'm waiting for Molly to just leap forward and stab Ray in the neck. It doesn't matter that she doesn't have a knife. She's so pissed one will just materialize in her hand formed of pure emotion.
-
doods i don't think teodore was looking asleep. just doing whatever he can to hold it together and make it through the ray experience. maybe praying that the next thing ray says won't be 100% retarded and heartless, but knowing that you're hoping against hope. close your eyes and bear through it. (grin and bear it?)
-
"grin and bear it" is a delightful pun.
Delightful.
-
Does no one else on this board close his eyes in empathic embarrassment, hoping like a little kid that you'll disappear if you can't see anyone? I do the same thing when someone ruins the National Anthem before a baseball game or when a comedian loses to hecklers or when some hillbilly gets all indignant at Red Lobster because extra hush puppies aren't free. Some people (cats, alive stuffed animals) just don't know how to act. Ray is among them.
Teodor is hell of embarrassed by Ray's joke and already uncomfortable at having Beef and Molly in a holding pattern in the back seat. If he can't see them, they can't see him and he doesn't have to be a part of this whole ugly episode.
-
Are Molly and Beef fighting because Beef made her quit the sandwich-porn job?
Or is it that all they do is fight lately.
-
Damn! Why is Molly so hot?
What's wrong with me?
Stoopid internet, making me fancy a cartoon cat
*grumbles into middle distance*
Coming soon: Achewood fan fiction from cellardoor.
-
Damn! Why is Molly so hot?
What's wrong with me?
Stoopid internet, making me fancy a cartoon cat
*grumbles into middle distance*
Coming soon: Achewood fan fiction from cellardoor.
Seriously. This is weirdness we're used to from miles, but not you, cellardoor.
-
Closing his eyes like a child whose mother is removing a band-aid, hoping it will dull the pain.
They are arguing because beef is trying to be a knight in shining armour. This is an unrealistic ideal... It Strips the woman of her empowerment and this is something molly doesn't need. She's just trying to be her own lady. I'm not saying beef isn't wonderful for doing what he's doing, but it's foolish to think it will work. Ladies are allowed to eat sammiches wherever they want and in front of whoever they want. If she doesn't mind being considered a "nasty dame" by some then nobody else should.
There is my two cents. Needless to say this stip made the tears. A huge part of joke telling is timing. This lacked the timing big time. Fuck, teodore is so gold in this storyline.
-
Geez, I hope we at least get to hear the punchline tomorrow.
-
Geez, I hope we at least get to hear the punchline tomorrow.
Well, see, that's part of the humor of the strip. Ray is not only telling an off-color joke, he's telling an off-color joke that is not even remotely funny. Perhaps he could be forgiven for being somewhat crass. But for being unfunny? Never.
-
I'm tring to understand the setup in the car. Is it safe to assume molly is in the rear seat behind ray and Beef is behind teodore? That is what it looks like but it is possible that it's the other way around...
I love that Ray keeps looking to Teodor for validity... and is not finding it.
-
Damn! Why is Molly so hot?
What's wrong with me?
Stoopid internet, making me fancy a cartoon cat
*grumbles into middle distance*
Coming soon: Achewood fan fiction from cellardoor.
Seriously. This is weirdness we're used to from miles, but not you, cellardoor.
What ever THAT means!
-
This is one of my favorites ever
Oh dearie me how it is one of my favorites ever
-
I love how the third and last panels are nearly identical. Ctrl+C and then Ctrl+V. Molly's sexy when she's pissed.
No, Molly's actually frowning less in the last frame.
Why am I so invested in Molly and Beef's relationship?
-
No, Molly's actually frowning less in the last frame.
Nah, they're the exact same. Being the dork and procrastinator that I am, I verified this.
Back to work? Yeah, I'd better.
-
"I'm actually pretty open minded when you get to know me."
One interpretation I had of this is that Ray would be prepared to suck it and see.
-
Perhaps he could be forgiven for being somewhat crass. But for being unfunny? Never.
Maybe Ray will get shot next, or something similarly jolting. He needs to get shocked back to reality something bad, like Pat did. I'm hedging my bets on the hope that something horrible will happen at that house, forcing an end to this slippery slope Ray's built for himself.
WHERE's THE MISTER SMUCKELS THAT WE KNOW AND LOVE?!
-
No, Molly's actually frowning less in the last frame.
Nah, they're the exact same. Being the dork and procrastinator that I am, I verified this.
Back to work? Yeah, I'd better.
Thank you for coming to the defense of a fellow procrastinator. I have several all-nighters to look forward to in the next three weeks. Then glorious spring break, when I can not get caught up on school work. Then more all-nighters.
I think there's more seat in one of the panels, but Molly's the same.