The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Turbo Ninja on February 16, 2005, 10:29:31 pm
-
Still no chicken recipe.
Dammit, Chris! I have some organic cutlets that just aren't going to last much longer in the freezer. You gotta give it up!
-
Hmmm.
It's not like Ray is trying to be a dick, true.
Yet, somehow... this just doesn't feel like him.
Except the fifty bucks. That's classic Ray.
I would prefer chicken.
-
Yes, that $50 line is definitely classic Ray, although I actually think the rest of his completely oblivious behavior is pretty in character. But that line actually made me laugh out loud. Also, Beef's testy "Are you sure" was priceless.
-
So are they running because they're in the human world or because they're drunk and high?
-
Where's Jough pointing out that this will be no longer amusing after Friday?
MAKE IT BETTER JOUGHILY JOO
-
I like Beefs belated glance behind himself. And I think Ray's still high.
He doesn't have a lot of options.
-
this is a real question and i'd like folks' opinions about it - -
do you think that this raises the question of why good things happen to seemingly undeserving people? like being so set that you can crash your escalade and walk away not very upset and be equally moved to happy when you find $50?
-
this is a real question and i'd like folks' opinions about it - -
do you think that this raises the question of why good things happen to seemingly undeserving people?
I'd say that the entire point of the Ray/Beef relationship is to drive this point home. Then take out a big hammer and drive it in a little more.
-
this is a real question and i'd like folks' opinions about it - -
do you think that this raises the question of why good things happen to seemingly undeserving people?
I'd say that the entire point of the Ray/Beef relationship is to drive this point home. Then take out a big hammer and drive it in a little more.
Ray's seemingly undeserved success and Beef's seemingly unending punishment reflect the fact that good deeds mean less than good thoughts. Ray is an optimist, and so life favors him. Beef is a pessimist, and so life disfavors him. The optimist Ray is, he doesn't think of this as a disposable hit-and-run, he thinks of it as leaving a nice homeowner a free Escalade outside his house, if the homeowner is meritocratic enough to put a little bit of body work into it.
-
I just love how completely oblivious Ray is. He has reached a zen level of insensitivity. He has reached an level of thoughtlessness that only the very wealthy, geniuses or your boss can reach.
Also, "Are you sure?" is the funniest thing in the entire cosmos.
-
This strip is like a great film.
I know not why, but it kind of strikes me that way. Love it.
-
yeah, definitely wish the title was 'are you sure'.
feels like totally genuine ray to me, everything just sliding off around him without making the least bit of impact.
-
The reader appreciates that the artist feels the need to make the alt-text a repetitive exegesis of obvious events, because at least it isn't another promise of a chicken recipe.
I do rather like the panels better this time; it maintains the charm of the small panels while actually allowing the pacing to fit the plot, and not vice versa. Very classy.
-
Yeah, today was pretty good indeed, and it will be even better, I think, within a larger, collected context. (YER FUCKIN' A RIGHT I SAID IT) Beef's temper works best on a slow burn, like when he hacked Yahoo! and came home all mad.
I only hope that Ray does not end up at a loose end, perhaps worrying about (his) D&D trades, now that he has crashed and presumably abandoned his sleek black Escalade. That would be really Low Class.
-
Is Ray's poor telling of jokes perhaps mockery of this-here board?
-
Is Ray's poor telling of jokes perhaps mockery of this-here board?
We tell jokes?
Seems a bit abstract to me, but I guess it's possible.
-
I don't see how it could be a mockery since you are all funnier than the strips usually.
Bobby, I'm not going to say that this joke will get old by friday, because it was already old this morning before we returned Wednesday. This strip was delayed because Onstad couldn't come up with a better way to end it.
TODAY'S STRIP IS THE COMIC EQUIVALENT OF FACTORY SECONDS - AT WAREHOUSE PRICES
-
Actually, the strip was late because I have a pretty thorough case of the flu. Our hospital tells us there's a big outbreak in our area lately. Thank you for all your cards and flowers.
-
Ah, sorry to hear that. I too can't really produce good work when I'm ill. I sincerely hope you get well soon, Chris. I don't know if the internet can handle one more of Ray's (i.e. your) bad jokes.
-
I liked the idea of Taliban bartenders.
-
Actually, the strip was late because I have a pretty thorough case of the flu. Our hospital tells us there's a big outbreak in our area lately. Thank you for all your cards and flowers.
My sympathies, Chris, and best wishes for your recovery.
-
Actually, the strip was late because I have a pretty thorough case of the flu. Our hospital tells us there's a big outbreak in our area lately. Thank you for all your cards and flowers.
So the chicken recipe will be in the form of a soup, then.
-
Flu sucks, Chris. Hope you feel better soon. Jough is full of crap. This was a terrific strip.
-
California's getting hammered by this flu bug. First my daughter was sick, then my wife was home from work for three days, now I'm fighting it...as are several of my wife's relatives and co-workers...well, almost everyone I know, along with Chris Onstad and Michael Jackson.
-
California's getting hammered by this flu bug.
Huh. Y'all must've caught it from Wyoming, then. I and just about everybody else here had it pretty bad a couple weeks ago. So it's all our fault. Sorry.
But not sorry to Michael Jackson. He deserves the flu.
-
Has to be said, I think I have a virus at the moment. Someone made it over here pretty sharpish from Wyoming. I'm not into full on flu yet, but my entire body aches, so it can't be far off.
Also, while California is on the cards, I wanted to enquire (as we are battling planning for offshore wind turbines, on shore here, on subsiding land, with higher population than anyone claimed in the propsals &c.) whether California was still having to have brownouts?
That is all.
-
Brownouts? Not here. Sometimes California has them in the summertime owing to increased air-conditioner use, but I can't recall the last time I was affected by one.
-
Yeah, I was going to say something similar - the brownouts or 'rolling blackouts' thing usually only happens during peak electric load periods, and I've only experienced them in the hottest part of the summer.
-
Figured as much. I hadn't heard anything of them in a long time. There was a point a few years back when it was 'the question that needed answering', or so it was touted. Just was wondering how it had gotten along or how founded it was in the first place.
Cool.
-
The Question that Needs Answering.
That is truly an important issue for our time.