The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on February 17, 2005, 09:12:43 am

Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 17, 2005, 09:12:43 am
NEW DAY!
NEW ... DAAAY!

I'd pay for a Norman Rockwell-esque painting of Ray reviving Lyle with a Bloody Mary Bong. ONSTAD DO YOU HEAR ME?
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: miles on February 17, 2005, 09:42:02 am
You see, Ray's basically a nice guy.  Calling to check on his friends.  Just to make sure they're OK.  And then reviving Lyle.

Alas, all good things, even good toilet parties, must come to an end.  It's been fun while it lasted.  The good news is that if I don't have to work later tonight, I might be able to attend a toilet party of my own.
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: starlight on February 17, 2005, 12:09:01 pm
Y'know, for awhile I forgot all about the toilet party...
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: cellardoor on February 17, 2005, 12:35:38 pm
My belly is rumbling from that punchline.
Brilliant way to finish it all up.
Roll credits, play curb your enthusiasm-type music.
Ray, I don't want to be you, but i'd be your friend.
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: Steve Hogan on February 17, 2005, 01:04:53 pm
"Not too much cd's got stolen" sums up my hopes for the day after a party.
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: CortJstr on February 17, 2005, 01:41:26 pm
Being in the porn industry you'd think Lyle would be more alarmed at waking up with a random tube crammed in his mouth.
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: filas on February 17, 2005, 01:56:26 pm
"ah, friendship"  cherish the moment, ray.
i love ray.  he knows.  he knows ain't nothin more special than lung brothers, bloody mary bongs, and cardboard T.P. tubes over the jibblies on public heads.
glad teodore is talking to ray.  i'm trying to imagine what teodore says between panels 2 and 3
maybe something like, "do the cops want to interview me about the blinged-out wreck last night?"  
BOOM!  180 reverse radial lace dayton spokes all stickin out of wheel wells, chrome grill wrapped around the pole, and a slight discoloration in all five lcd screens
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: Emergent_C on February 17, 2005, 02:48:46 pm
What with the flu, and the cat's poor joke-telling, the buildup for this brilliant punchline was long but TOTALLY WORTH IT. I'd wait FOUR YEARS for a punchline this good! Do you hear me? FOUR YEARS!
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: pubdoggy on February 17, 2005, 03:04:33 pm
quick search on Rockwell and its all crystal.

Chortle.

My first post in months and it's a shocker.

Chortle.
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: miles on February 17, 2005, 03:09:39 pm
I like the different facial expressions of Lyle in the last three panels.  First, asleep, then awake and certainly a bit surprised, and then...  Grateful?  Shocked? Choking?

Wonder if he ended up shitting himself.
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: Max on February 17, 2005, 03:58:52 pm
ray's benevolent, smiling face peering down at lyle's panicked 'hurgh!' sums up everything that is ray.
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: V-Adore on February 17, 2005, 04:23:29 pm
'Not too much CDs got stolen" is probably the high point of this for me. I just love how totally unconcerned about it Ray is, given that nobody who wasn't a close friend of his attended this party. Maybe he's glad that Todd decided to relieve Ray of his Sexual Homeboys collection.
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 17, 2005, 04:25:23 pm
No Scandinavian music for today's funny comic, but how about William Shatner and Henry Rollins?

These things Exist. (http://www.bobbyisosceles.com/songs/shatner/10%20I%20Can't%20Get%20Behind%20That.mp3)
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: Bozack on February 17, 2005, 04:32:14 pm
God, the puncline is awesome. Lyle's face is amazing in the last panel, all starin' up at Ray, frightened. I wonder if he shat himself.
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: jough on February 17, 2005, 05:20:35 pm
Yeah, having not too many CDs stolen is a successful party by any measure.

The deneumont was a drag, but the coda, she is beautiful, no?
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on February 17, 2005, 05:22:31 pm
Anyone else think that Ray's "Okay then, T! Bloody mary bong it is! Thanks!" in the first panel of the last row is kind of unnecessary and fucks up the flow a bit?
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: miles on February 17, 2005, 05:43:09 pm
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Anyone else think that Ray's "Okay then, T! Bloody mary bong it is! Thanks!" in the first panel of the last row is kind of unnecessary and fucks up the flow a bit?


Now that you mention it.  But then again, half of what Ray says is unnecessary.
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: jough on February 17, 2005, 05:48:42 pm
'stad was probably banking on us not recognizing a bloody mary bong when we saw one.

Does he even know who his audience is?
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: robot_roll_call on February 17, 2005, 06:17:19 pm
The toilet party was a lot of fun, but I am glad we are finally moving on. Too bad Ray and Teodor never made it to Pat's though. That would have been interesting.

Hello, by the way.  Nice to meet you!
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 17, 2005, 06:22:12 pm
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
The toilet party was a lot of fun, but I am glad we are finally moving on. Too bad Ray and Teodor never made it to Pat's though. That would have been interesting.

Hello, by the way.  Nice to meet you!


A 2000 Flushes bong would be a great way to kill someone.
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: pmcd9 on February 17, 2005, 06:23:21 pm
Shouldn't that be ####_Roll_Call?

~Paul
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: CortJstr on February 17, 2005, 06:55:02 pm
Quote from: pmcd9
Shouldn't that be ####_Roll_Call?

~Paul
Apparently the quote tag is immune from censoring. Now we're going to have a rush of new members with ***** and ***** in their names.
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: robot_roll_call on February 17, 2005, 07:55:40 pm
I haven't been lurking long enough to know my name is forbidden. Sorry. Avert your eyes from my blasphemy.
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: V-Adore on February 17, 2005, 08:47:10 pm
Don't worry, RRC, you're allowed. I suppose we could always call you Automaton Attendance if things go really pear-shaped.
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: CortJstr on February 17, 2005, 09:21:21 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Don't worry, RRC, you're allowed. I suppose we could always call you Automaton Attendance if things go really pear-shaped.

Or just Croooooooooooooooow
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: Beatrice on February 17, 2005, 09:24:32 pm
Quote from: "Emergent_C"
What with the flu, and the cat's poor joke-telling, the buildup for this brilliant punchline was long but TOTALLY WORTH IT. I'd wait FOUR YEARS for a punchline this good! Do you hear me? FOUR YEARS!


oh my god.  OOHH MAH GAWD!

this is beautiful, and everything has become right in the world.  no pain, no gain i guess.  i was so scared for awhile about the cat-in-the-thong but i know now to trust Onstad, no matter how far he may lead me astray.  Never before has my faith been tested like this, but he and Rockwell GOT IT TOGETHER!
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: Bozack on February 17, 2005, 10:25:58 pm
It's okay, Beatrice! Bad man's gone now, bad man's gone now!
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 17, 2005, 10:29:01 pm
Quote from: "Beatrice"
Quote from: "Emergent_C"
What with the flu, and the cat's poor joke-telling, the buildup for this brilliant punchline was long but TOTALLY WORTH IT. I'd wait FOUR YEARS for a punchline this good! Do you hear me? FOUR YEARS!


oh my god.  OOHH MAH GAWD!

this is beautiful, and everything has become right in the world.  no pain, no gain i guess.  i was so scared for awhile about the cat-in-the-thong but i know now to trust Onstad, no matter how far he may lead me astray.  Never before has my faith been tested like this, but he and Rockwell GOT IT TOGETHER!


THE ACHES TRIUMPH OVER THE PAINS!
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: Bozack on February 18, 2005, 02:40:33 am
I guess I should post, in order for full disclosure, and as a sort of introduction, that Beatrice and I actually know each other quite well In Real Life. She's the ex-girlfriend that I screwed over, as opposed to the other way around, but we're perfectly cool now. A few months ago, I found out that she was a huge Achewood fan, and I told her to join up and post. Now she has. I, umm...I think she's pretty neat.

Also, if we refer to each other as "bitch" or cast aspersions on our respective heritage or genital size, it's probably either just joking or actual spurts of white hot resentment and anger. Either/or, really.
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: St_Zartan on February 18, 2005, 02:47:07 am
(http://www.punchstock.com/image/imagesource/4794172/thumb72/ev115-022.jpg)
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: CortJstr on February 18, 2005, 02:48:02 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
I guess I should post, in order for full disclosure, and as a sort of introduction, that Beatrice and I actually know each other quite well In Real Life. She's the ex-girlfriend that I screwed over, as opposed to the other way around, but we're perfectly cool now. A few months ago, I found out that she was a huge Achewood fan, and I told her to join up and post. Now she has. I, umm...I think she's pretty neat.

Also, if we refer to each other as "bitch" or cast aspersions on our respective heritage or genital size, it's probably either just joking or actual spurts of white hot resentment and anger. Either/or, really.

Why am I suddenly reminded of Sam & Diane?
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: Beatrice on February 18, 2005, 02:52:38 am
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Anyone else think that Ray's "Okay then, T! Bloody mary bong it is! Thanks!" in the first panel of the last row is kind of unnecessary and fucks up the flow a bit?


Now that you mention it.  But then again, half of what Ray says is unnecessary.


more than half.  maybe he should go deaf/mute for a while, take a vow of silence or something.  we all deserve a break after this past week's fiasco.

FIASCO!
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 18, 2005, 02:56:30 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
I guess I should post, in order for full disclosure, and as a sort of introduction, that Beatrice and I actually know each other quite well In Real Life. She's the ex-girlfriend that I screwed over, as opposed to the other way around, but we're perfectly cool now. A few months ago, I found out that she was a huge Achewood fan, and I told her to join up and post. Now she has. I, umm...I think she's pretty neat.

Also, if we refer to each other as "bitch" or cast aspersions on our respective heritage or genital size, it's probably either just joking or actual spurts of white hot resentment and anger. Either/or, really.


By revealing this you have opened the door for Onstad to CEASELESSLY MOCK YOU for you are now the REAL LIFE Roast Beef and Molly.

Beatrice, please to be eatink the toasted cheese steak now.
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: pmcd9 on February 18, 2005, 03:00:10 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
if we...  cast aspersions on our... genital size, it's... just joking.


Way to nip it in the bud Boz old boy.  It's always a good idea, when introducing your ex girlfriend, to preemptively announce that she is joking if she says your junk is small.

~Paul
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: AugustWest on February 18, 2005, 03:10:18 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
I guess I should post, in order for full disclosure, and as a sort of introduction, that Beatrice and I actually know each other quite well In Real Life. She's the ex-girlfriend that I screwed over, as opposed to the other way around, but we're perfectly cool now. A few months ago, I found out that she was a huge Achewood fan, and I told her to join up and post. Now she has. I, umm...I think she's pretty neat.

Also, if we refer to each other as "bitch" or cast aspersions on our respective heritage or genital size, it's probably either just joking or actual spurts of white hot resentment and anger. Either/or, really.


So, is Bea in NY or KY?
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: jough on February 18, 2005, 03:31:59 am
If she makes fun of your junk, it is only because she is bitter that her name is Beat Rice.

Is her nickname mashed potatoes?  Or macaroni and cheese?  What other side dishes beat rice?  Green Bean Almondine?
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: jough on February 18, 2005, 03:41:46 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"

So, is Bea in NY or KY?


I'm guessing KY (The Jelly State!) because of her (his?) louisville.edu e-mail address.
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: AugustWest on February 18, 2005, 04:23:51 am
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "AugustWest"

So, is Bea in NY or KY?


I'm guessing KY (The Jelly State!) because of her (his?) louisville.edu e-mail address.


Ah, one of my alma maters.  You're so professional, Howie.
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: slink on February 18, 2005, 04:46:08 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"

Why am I suddenly reminded of Sam & Diane?


Pop-culture reference... hurting my brain...
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: jough on February 18, 2005, 06:00:15 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"

Ah, one of my alma maters.  You're so professional, Howie.


INCLUDING - an electric-cooled pony harness!  With fuel injection.  Fuel injection.  Fuel injection.
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: AugustWest on February 18, 2005, 06:07:27 am
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "AugustWest"

Ah, one of my alma maters.  You're so professional, Howie.


INCLUDING - an electric-cooled pony harness!  With fuel injection.  Fuel injection.  Fuel injection.


I love you, cuz.



Yours truly,

Studebaker Hoch
Title: I am lame.
Post by: Beatrice on February 18, 2005, 06:22:39 am
yeah, KY, the Jelly State!


And hello to all!

Perhaps I get a firm hold of this forum stuff shortly.

I'll practice by hell of ragging on Bozart at all opportunities, but only if he promises to do the same (not like we don't already...) If this is Beef and Molly I call Beef right now.  We all know who did the dirty sandwich work at Subway, Bozart, and it wasn't meeeee.

And can we use our real names?  Cause I keep typing and erasing... OR IS THIS A SECRET?!?



(Anna)
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: Beatrice on February 18, 2005, 06:24:07 am
BOZACK!  what in the hell, i can't even remember... god-DAMN.
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: jough on February 18, 2005, 06:27:40 am
Bozart is Mozart's little brother.
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: Beatrice on February 18, 2005, 06:35:29 am
And Bozak is a generic anti-depressant...  But he's still pretty sad.
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: Beatrice on February 18, 2005, 06:44:16 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
I guess I should post, in order for full disclosure, and as a sort of introduction, that Beatrice and I actually know each other quite well In Real Life. She's the ex-girlfriend that I screwed over, as opposed to the other way around, but we're perfectly cool now. A few months ago, I found out that she was a huge Achewood fan, and I told her to join up and post. Now she has. I, umm...I think she's pretty neat.

Also, if we refer to each other as "bitch" or cast aspersions on our respective heritage or genital size, it's probably either just joking or actual spurts of white hot resentment and anger. Either/or, really.


One of the first introductions: "Bozack" telling me about this HILARIOUS sign on a spaceship driven by a cat named Roast Beef that said "Fuckin'."  No, it made no sense to a n00b.
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: Beatrice on February 18, 2005, 06:47:19 am
Do I post too often?  I think I post too often.  Is it possible to post too often?  Or is it like masturbation?  No, I think I do.  Yes, I'm finished.  Good Night.
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: jough on February 18, 2005, 08:29:17 am
You know you're posting too often when you reply to your own posts.

But your post count will climb quickly enough without trying to force it.

Also, I like that the Google ad on this page was for "Science Education."

What we need more of is Science.

And

Education.[/b]
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: CortJstr on February 18, 2005, 01:56:18 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "CortJstr"

Why am I suddenly reminded of Sam & Diane?

Pop-culture reference... hurting my brain...

Hey, that show is basically like treasure (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07082002). Don't be badmouthing it.
Title: Bloody Mary Bong - 02.17.2005
Post by: slink on February 18, 2005, 05:18:10 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"

Hey, that show is basically like treasure (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07082002). Don't be badmouthing it.


I so wasn't. It hurt only because I watched so much back in the day... It is somehow one of the most comforting shows there has even been for me, as I used to settle down to watch it every Friday night with my family.